Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Very Banned

SaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enoughSaintFanSinceAge5 will become famous soon enough
Saints need Woodson or Reed!

Just think about having 1 of these 2 in the Safety slot next season. I'm thinking Darren Sharper, PICK MAGNET, BALL HAWK all over again.

I would prefer Reed because I think he can bring more intangibles and PICKS to our defense.

Thoughts?
SaintFanSinceAge5 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Veteran Starter

BodyofBreesus is a jewel in the rough
BodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the roughBodyofBreesus is a jewel in the rough
NEVER!!! They're both old and washed up!! We should really give Jenkins and Harper a pass for the last four years. They ummm just haven't uhhh yeah. Two pro bowlers who after last season can clearly still ball. Nahh this year they'll be too old.
BodyofBreesus is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

CitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true Saint
CitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true SaintCitySaint is a true Saint
We picked up Sharper very low. I doubt we overpay.
CitySaint is online now Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
All-Pro

Koolbrees is a jewel in the rough
Koolbrees is a jewel in the roughKoolbrees is a jewel in the roughKoolbrees is a jewel in the roughKoolbrees is a jewel in the rough
Here is what we need to do:

- trade Harper to the Titans; that is the only team that would probably take him.
- move Jenkins to Strong Safety
- put IsA Abdul-Quddus at Free Safety

*** You can't coach "Instincts"..... Harper & Jenkins doesn't possess "Instincts"

* The reason Gregg Williams defense was so successful during our SuperBowl run was because of Darren Sharper and his "InStincts"....

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

Professor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Professor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of FamerProfessor is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintFanSinceAge5 View Post
Just think about having 1 of these 2 in the Safety slot next season. I'm thinking Darren Sharper, PICK MAGNET, BALL HAWK all over again.

I would prefer Reed because I think he can bring more intangibles and PICKS to our defense.

Thoughts?
Pick magnet? Ball hawk? More like old and older. You must have loved some of the coaches of the past. Guys like Bum Phillips who would bring in washed up players, or those near the end of their careers and hope they were able to get another year or two of success. The Saints got lucky with Sharper. By the beginning of 2010, his knees were shot.

1) I have a very good feeling about this year the way I did in '09.
2) Roger Goodell is still an idiot.
Professor is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
Veteran Starter

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
We need Reed!!!
Rudy is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Cajun Who Dat Bayou Boy.

duck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished road
I'm very sorry I ment to hit the green thumb. My finger hit the wrong one I'm very sorry and I deff agree with u.
duck22 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
Cajun Who Dat Bayou Boy.

duck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished roadduck22 is on a distinguished road
I say either one would deff help our D. So anyone of them would be welcomed all we need is that leadership I'm watching the Saints and Atlana game now and our D had a leader in Sharper and Vilma. Now I'm also watching Big Remi Adoyle get chiped,double teamed, and stop the run and is always in the back field. I just finished watching the saints play New England and big Remi is the real Deal man I gotta say it when they line up in there 3/4 he's the nose tackle for us. And I'm also watching Will Smith slow self get pushed around like nothing. And he is very overrated and sucks against the run its like he's lost.
duck22 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Practice Squad

LSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger Club
LSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

No one will trade for Harper. No one. We should all get that out of our heads. He has zero trade value.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSSpam View Post
No one will trade for Harper. No one. We should all get that out of our heads. He has zero trade value.
But...but...on Madden...

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Subscribing Member

JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Pick magnet? Ball hawk? More like old and older. You must have loved some of the coaches of the past. Guys like Bum Phillips who would bring in washed up players, or those near the end of their careers and hope they were able to get another year or two of success. The Saints got lucky with Sharper. By the beginning of 2010, his knees were shot.
Shot knees are still better than Jenkins instincts. Out of position and the worst angles I've ever seen from a safety.

At least you can cover up Harper's weekness, there's nothing you can do for Jenkins.
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Visible minority

guillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Club
guillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Club
I would love to bring a younger player. Delmas would be an interesting choice, if he can stay healthy.

There are great options in the draft for us available, but if we are going to spend in free agency, safety and tight end are the ways to go because of salary scales. Cheapest positions to sign.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
Veteran

Bigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enoughBigeasy75 will become famous soon enough
And where are we gonna find the money to sign either one of these guys...Im all for it but we will be lucky to find cap space to resign our major FA and draft picks...even if we let couple of overpaid starters walk and Loomis works his magic we still probably wont be able to afford any big money FA....
Bigeasy75 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Subscribing Member

JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
I would love to bring a younger player. Delmas would be an interesting choice, if he can stay healthy.

There are great options in the draft for us available, but if we are going to spend in free agency, safety and tight end are the ways to go because of salary scales. Cheapest positions to sign.
I'm a fan of signing either Delmas or Chung.
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote