New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Medsamust Saint Fan

Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelo View Post
Would absolutely love Lofton over Vilma. I'm all for it. It's a glaring weakness in our defense that has been continuously ignored over the years. Get some new linebackers!!!
Vilma will be always be one of my favorite Saints. But he is 30, will likely get suspended for 4-8 games, is undersized and injuries are taking their toll. When I would watch Lofton I'd pray we would get a couple of guys that athletic and tough at LBs. If Tez does not turn out to be a Terbucky clone, Lofton and Tez woulds completely change our defense.
Swimmer is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
Very Banned

Bitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Bitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyi64 View Post
Not it doesn't. I too would like see Lofton in a Saints uni, but he will not come here (or go anywhere else for that matter) at a bargain price. The man is looking to get paid and he will not come cheap.
Yeah, I'd be shocked if we pulled this off. Love to have him here. But we could probably sign Hawthorne and Dunbar or Mays for what Lofton's asking.
Bitter Bill is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #17
Master Degree On Saints

TonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura about
with loomis my friend anything is possible, and to release our veterans workout deals and sign long term deals with of course my idol drew alot can help our cap. LOOMIS IS A GENIUS
TonyV is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
Back to the drawing board

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Bill View Post
Yeah, I'd be shocked if we pulled this off. Love to have him here. But we could probably sign Hawthorne and Dunbar or Mays for what Lofton's asking.
Quality over quantity.
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
SR is my life!

birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Lofton is a 2 down back, according to Kirwan & TRock on Sirius.....that's why the clowns are letting him walk. Vilma is a 3 down back. If the Saints get rid of Vilma, who is going to defend the pass in the middle on 3rd downs?
birdog is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Lofton is a 2 down back, according to Kirwan & TRock on Sirius.....that's why the clowns are letting him walk. Vilma is a 3 down back. If the Saints get rid of Vilma, who is going to defend the pass in the middle on 3rd downs?
It is not like Vilma has been stopping the pass either.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Pro-Bowler

SF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popularSF2313 is becoming pretty popular
Has there been any news on any of the weekend visits yet? I'm getting super anxious.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
Very Banned

Bitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the roughBitter Bill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
Quality over quantity.
Maybe if Lofton was good in coverage. But that's not the case. I'd rather have Hawthorne.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saintslfc13 is marching in
Saintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching inSaintslfc13 is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaints87 View Post
To qoute Bill B. from the pats "If we can block Vilma we can run the ball will someone block Vilma" He is a good LBer it just he was injured
There in lies the problem though.

Is he gonna get over his injury?

Personally I'm in the keep Vilma camp, but it would be ideal if he restructured and if we did bring in Lofton and Hawthorne then we might have to shuffle him to a new position.

Not sure how the man himself would like either of those scenarios but we'll see how it plays out.
Saintslfc13 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #24
Veteran Pine-rider

Gideon is on a distinguished roadGideon is on a distinguished roadGideon is on a distinguished roadGideon is on a distinguished roadGideon is on a distinguished roadGideon is on a distinguished road
What's Vilma's cap hit? I think turning Vilma into Lofton at this stage might be a good move, if we include all the other factors (age, suspensions, injury, etc.)

Vilma may be better than Lofton in coverage, but Lofton is much better against the run...and I'm not sure I've seen Lofton be such a liability in coverage either - we're not playing a defensive scheme that requires the Mike to cover the middle like the Tampa 2, so I'd imagine we can scheme around his worst traits, which I don't think are all that bad tbh...

wait and see
Gideon is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Wise Dat

yuyi64 is a glorious beacon of lightyuyi64 is a glorious beacon of light
yuyi64 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Lofton is a 2 down back...If the Saints get rid of Vilma, who is going to defend the pass in the middle on 3rd downs?
Johnny Patrick (nickel back) or an extra safety like Quddus?
yuyi64 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
Super Forum Fanatic

Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansHotBoy View Post
Could Vilma be the possible fall guy for the bounty investigation? Could this be a way for the Saints to show the NFL that they've gotten rid of the bad apple? It was reported that Vilma "alledgedly slapped 10k on the table. Maybe my mind is just wandering!

his name also got drug through the mud when that guy went public about paying college players at The U. Said "watch the tape Johnny Vilma was trying to kill that guy" it was a QB for the Gators I believe.. I was kinda shocked to hear it then ... this 10k on the table thing... I dunno I don't buy the media bs I will wait for facts to come out.
Bayouman007 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
Subscribing Member

stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Bill View Post
Maybe if Lofton was good in coverage. But that's not the case. I'd rather have Hawthorne.

Comparing Lofton to Hawthorne is like comparing Jimmy Graham to David Thomas.

Graham - Elite TE that is not really a blocker.
Thomas - Good overall player. Decent in pass protection, blocking and receiving.
stevend is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
Very Banned

No, it's nothing like that. Lofton isn't elite. And Thomas is known as a receiving TE.