Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #241
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
@D_Hawthorne57 fyi

Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #242
Super Forum Fanatic

Nightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger Club
Nightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger ClubNightshade 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DAWG View Post

Look more like we are moving to a 3-4 defense

Wilson, Hawthorne, Lofton, and Vilma (Dome Patrol II) WOW!!
Only way we move to the 3-4 is if Spags leaves he is a 4-3 DC plus it doesn't look like the 3-4 it looks like the 4-3LB core that actually has some depth finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka View Post
1) Do we really have 11 LBs or was that a joke?

2) How many LBs are we legit going to keep on the roster?
most 4-3 teams keep 7 and with Hawthorne that puts us at 9 (legit) 10 if you count Bussey so someone is gone and I think we will pick up at least a MLB in the draft for depth
Nightshade is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #243
xbox GT= NO white fLAgz

MistaWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdMistaWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdMistaWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
MistaWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdMistaWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
David Hawthorne ‏ @D_Hawthorne57 Close
I am officially a part of the Who Dat Nation! Its been a long process but I kno God has me in the place he feels i need to be!
MistaWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #244

LSUfreek is a jewel in the rough
LSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the roughLSUfreek is a jewel in the rough
LSUfreek is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #245

Chet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post

I mean I'm just saying, how can that NOT be a top 10 defense?
Because that defensive line is average at best. We'll see what Bunkley, Romeus, and Galette can bring starting week 1.
Chet Manley is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #246
Recreational Profiler

yurintroubl is marching in
yurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching inyurintroubl is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Miller View Post
Guess its time to dust off the old #57
Chamberlin is #57 according to the latest roster.

I don't think he should be wearing it... and neither should Hawthorne.

Heater should wear #53. He's a thumper like Vaughn Johnson.

yurintroubl is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #247
SR is my life!

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet Manley View Post
Because that defensive line is average at best. We'll see what Bunkley, Romeus, and Galette can bring starting week 1.
Average in terms of what? That is an EXCELLENT run stuffing DL and now we have a DC known for getting production from players rushing the passer.
nolafan33 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #248

Chet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popularChet Manley is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Average in terms of what? That is an EXCELLENT run stuffing DL and now we have a DC known for getting production from players rushing the passer.
I was referring to our pass rush. I'm more than optimistic that Spag will improve those sack numbers in no time. I seriously thought last season it'd be impossible to run on us with Franklin, Rogers, and Ellis stuffing the middle, but that didn't pan out as well as I expected.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #249
VDK
Super Forum Fanatic

VDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
VDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of FamerVDK is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Love how this team is moving forward. Solid move.
VDK is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #250

I wonder what this does for Nate Bussey. I completely forgot about him.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #251
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

The Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enoughThe Baron will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I mean I'm just saying, how can that NOT be a top 10 defense?
I'm just saying that even with the upgrades to the front 7, we can't be considered a top 10 defense when neither of our starting safeties had a single INT last season. That has to improve this year.
“Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.”

- Ronald Reagan
February 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004
The Baron is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #252
Bless You Boys

ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfreek View Post
UnFreakinBelievable, Geaux Loomis !

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #253
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true Saint
WhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true SaintWhoDat9to12 is a true Saint
Loomis....

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #254
Not too late to break bad

RabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
RabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRabidSaintsFan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I honestly didn't think we had any chance to get Hawthorne after signing Lofton and Chamberlain. It's amazing and a credit to Mickey Loomis and the Saints.

"Not only do I not know the answer! I don't even know what the question is" {Metallica}
RabidSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #255
Saints Nut

gumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
gumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famergumbotron is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Party ON !!!!
gumbotron is offline Reply With Quote