New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
TWO DAT!

wope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Club
wope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Club
"Saints will be no problem" and other quotes from Texans forum (Merged)

I like to visit our next opponent's forum and see what they are saying about our game this week. Here's what they're saying about this Sunday's game. The first one is the guy who thinks the Saints "will be no problem":

Quote:
In some of the other threads that were made after the game against the Dolphins, some people seem to be worrying about the Saints game. I'm gunna say don't be. It'll be a good game, but there are several reasons why I think that not only will the Texans win, it'll maybe even be an easier win than it was against the phins!

1) Pressure on Brees: Drew Brees is a killer passer, but he can fluster and make ugly throws under pressure. You can count on Mr. Phillips dialing up the pressure against the Saints.

2) Saints Pass rush vs. Texans O-line: The Saints got 6 sacks on Cutler this week, but I don't think there is a team in the league that can't get 6 sacks on Cutler. I'm not thoroughly convinced in the Saints pass rush. The Texans O-line protection wasn't great against the Dolphins, but when they bring their A-game, they could make a case of being the best in the league. I don't think the Saints are able to bring the kind of pressure the Dolphins did.

3) Saints Secondary: Suspect at best. Schaub should be able to pick them apart if he gets enough time in the pocket.

That being considered, I think it'll definitely be a good game. If our D can contain Brees (and I think they can), then this game should be in the bag.
Quote:
The outcome of next week's game depends on our pass rush.

If the future DROY and the rest of the D-Line + LB's can keep pressure like they did for the first quarter of the pre-season game, we should be able to pull out another W.
Quote:
Actually, I do not expect us to win next week, on the road, against the Saints.

The Saints are a scoring machine and while our defense is good, I didn't see nearly enough out of either our offense or defense against Miami to believe that we match up well against the Saints.
Quote:
Drew Brees isn't Jesus Christ like everyone and their mother makes him out to be. I can see us winning this one, but I can also see us losing this one do to having a offense with no true leader.

I think if the Saints run it up the gut and hit screens all day, our D will have a hard to stopping it. Those are the plays that scare me most with this D.
Quote:
One other thing that is going to make this a tough game is the referees there. They spotted a ball DURING the measurement a yard ahead giving the Saints an undeserved first down. Then Sproles stepped out of bounds clearly seen on the TD reception and THAT was not over turned. The refs there are also going to be a challenge. Looked like the same refs who would throw a flag whenever Peyton had a third down in the Colts stadium.
Quote:
Texans pull off this win because of bettter D and run game, we both the same in the passing game and lucky we both missing key parts in the passing game (meaning lose of starting WR) Houston will amaze the world on this on no holding back from the media either this win they will not be able to under play or not talk about D go get your respect baby GO GET IT
Quote:
Bring it on who dat!

Wade will be putting all the cards in the table for this one. No hold bard... if no pressure Brees will pick you apart. We can apply pressure that's a guarantee. Hope Payton does not watch that Miami game too much, our rush D got a little exposed, i dunno what it was the D line or the LB did not flow to the lanes.
Quote:
The Saints will show us fans allot about our team... They are good, don't take anything as a given... We have a long way to go to get through the season... Our Pass Def has not been tested like it will be against the Saints... Good to see we have a pass rush like we have never had before... QB's just don't have the time to sit back and drink a beer while waiting on a WR to get open... Make no mistake about it, the New Orlean Saints are for real... I would love to go in there and blow em out, but don't see that happening... I don't drink kool-aid, but maybe I should... This is the best team we have ever had... And it still needs depth...

So bring on the New Orlean Saints... A true test of our beloved Houston Texans...
Quote:
to say the Saints are going to be no problem, you are under estimating a high powered team. lol Drew Brees can make any throw. Henderson is blazing fast. They have solid running backs with a mediocre O-Line. I believe we can get pressure on him, but still we will need Johnathan Joseph on his A game, and KJ being to the meetings on time. Quinn is looking good at the Safety position.

Hopefully our O Line can open up some holes like in pre-season with Foster being out, Tate will have to step up again and I believe he will. Slaton will need to step up too because Ward may still be out. Andre Johnson will do his thing once again. Jacoby Jones is improving. can't believe I'm saying this but I hope Kevin Walter gets back I miss his route running in getting open and creating passing lanes for Schuab. Winston needs to pick it up this week. Watch some film instead of the J&R Show this Tuesday... haha

I think Schuab is going to have a good game this week against the Saints, but we definitely are going to have a challenge defensively. I believe we can hold them to 17 points if we get some pressure on Brees. Force some TO's, run the ball and keep the TOP on our side, and we got ourselves a victory.
wope is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
WHODAT

billinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Member
billinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Typical optimistic fans. Nothing wrong with that, but our members would rebut every point they made, we'll see who is right.
Quote:
So bring on the New Orlean Saints... A true test of our beloved Houston Texans...
I've said this in a few threads this week about our team. This will be a good test to see where we stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheFalconFan View Post
For us Falcons Fans it reminds us of when Joe Montana used to shred our defense when you march out Brees.
billinms is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Difficult to read the cockiness of fans of a franchise that has never sniffed a playoff game.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

BooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
BooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBooBirdSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ha the Texans own beat writer is picking the Saints to win.
Saints game a tougher test for Texans | NFL | a Chron.com blog

Click on the link and scroll to the bottom and vote Saints to win.
BooBirdSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBirdSaint View Post

ive seen that before.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
BREES SMASH!!

SaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger Club
SaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger ClubSaintsFanInLA 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBirdSaint View Post

That's the same guy that was almost crying about the way the Saints manhandled the Texans in preseason of our Super Bowl year. It was great. Can somebody PLEASE post that vid?

I know you people know what I am talking about. He called our team a bunch of no-names who bullied the Texans. lolol
Alright, listen to me now!! Yellow yellow fox left twin "F" motion fake slash 37 buster naked right "X" post. Kill "X" pick yellow yellow!! Fox left. Go trips right!! 24 Scant!! 24 Scant double quail!! KILL KILL!! KILL KILL!!
SaintsFanInLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #7

Chopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to all
Chopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to allChopblock is a name known to all
If I was a Houston fan, I'd be happy and pretty homer(I really hate that word) about the team atm too. Having said that, they need to realize that we aren't a doormat and we will test them, and they will test us. It will be a tough game. They could just as easily lose it as they could win it.
Chopblock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
All-Pro

CabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura aboutCabezaDeBakka has a spectacular aura about
If it wouldn't pollute the Gulf even more, Id say that Texas is another state that could slide off in to the water never to be seen again and it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

11 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
Pro-Bowler

InThatNumber is a glorious beacon of lightInThatNumber is a glorious beacon of light
InThatNumber is a glorious beacon of lightInThatNumber is a glorious beacon of lightInThatNumber is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Wope... any lingering effects from having read so much bs in such a short period?

A few thoughts:

Quote:
I think if the Saints run it up the gut and hit screens all day, our D will have a hard to stopping it. Those are the plays that scare me most with this D.
Seriously? You guys can't defend the screen? Oh you're ****ed!

Quote:
Bring it on who dat!

Wade will be putting all the cards in the table for this one. No hold bard... if no pressure Brees will pick you apart. We can apply pressure that's a guarantee. Hope Payton does not watch that Miami game too much, our rush D got a little exposed, i dunno what it was the D line or the LB did not flow to the lanes.
Not sure why Wade is so busy putting cards into a table or who this bard is, but I wouldn't worry too much about Payton watching the Miami tape. I mean seriously... it's not like he's going to watch BOTH of your games before Sunday, the man has a life.

Quote:
Looked like the same refs who would throw a flag whenever Peyton had a third down in the Colts stadium.
This is the guy you need to be worried about... he's scouted us all the way back to opening week of 2007. To see who the refs were... when we lost by 31 in Indy... because the refs were cheating for us on 3rd down?

Quote:
Drew Brees isn't Jesus Christ
We hate to admit it, but you make a valid point. Drew Brees is, in fact, not Jesus Christ. Jesus never had quite the touch on the long ball Drew has.
InThatNumber is offline Reply With Quote

31 out of 31 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
Very Banned

The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!The Dude is a BEAST!
They have good reason to be optimistic. Their team has really evolved over the years and looks to finally be set to make a run. I think from a matchup standpoint they are perhaps the best suited team in the NFL to beat us. I do think Andre and Foster being banged up will hurt them, but this game will be a shoot out and if we win we can rest assured that we have a team that is built to go the distance. There are not many other teams if any out there who match up against us as well on both sides of the ball.
The Dude is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
minion_patriot_drinker

mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
According to the generally accepted heirarchy of the games you have to win to make the playoffs*, this is a lot more important game for the Saints to win than it is for the Texans to win. I hope both teams remember that on Sunday.

1 Home games
2 away division games
3 Away Conference games
4 Away Out of Conference games
mikaloyd is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
IM WINNING

NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!
Sounds a lot like the Bears forum last week.
NOLA-B-504 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
Pro-Bowler

timpoulos has disabled reputation
The Texans fans are breathing some bad air from all those wildfires in Houston. I wouldnt put much stock into what they think. Use your own thoughts. The Houston Texans have no chance at coming into the Superdome and beating us. No chance at all. I'd put my house on this one if i could. There are several reasons why i think that, but their defense cant stop our offense. We can stop them, and it's in the dome. Saints 38 Texans 21

1 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I'm not ready to crown the Texans, they played a Peyton-less colts team and probably the 2nd most terrible team in the AFC behind KC who will be battling it out for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes in Miami.
Firecross is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.