New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #99
They call me Boudreaux

saintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saint
saintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saint
PFT is confirming Schefter's tweet regarding the Saints interest in Crennel "via a source"

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Source confirms @AdamSchefter report of Saints interest in Romeo Crennel; source says there's more interest in Crennel than Eric Mangini.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #100
Hall-of-Famer

saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I love how we're all experts on the 3-4 now. We're talking 1 gap vs 2 gap, we're talking 5 techs, NTs, and keeping LBs clean. We're talking football again and I friggin love it.
saint_drago is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #101
All-Pro

Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!Shuttle2moon is a BEAST!
Romeo and Eric together? Thats like dating cindy crawford and hedi Klum at the same time

and we shall all have Grace ...
Shuttle2moon is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #102
Saints Nut

gumbotron is marching in
gumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching ingumbotron is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle2moon View Post
Romeo and Eric together? Thats like dating cindy crawford and hedi Klum at the same time
Not
gumbotron is online now Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #103
Super Forum Fanatic

ELLIASJWILLIAMS has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
Jim Tomsula is my top choice and I do not mind Ed Donatell. But the thing that is intriguing about Grantham is that he has the opportunity to scheme against the read option and pistol offenses that are becoming popular in the NFL. Payton kept mentioning the fact that what has occurred at the collegiate level is influencing the trends in the NFL. It makes me then wonder if he wants a coach who has had more time spent on trying to counter the effectiveness of these offensive philosophies.

I like all three because I think they will employ the aggressive, 1-gap scheme. Everyone is saying Crennel but Payton mentioned the word "aggressive" in his interview with Florio talking about how disruptive the 3-4 can be. My thinking is similar to Kirwan. If it is Crennel, we can move ahead and hire him. My thinking is that it is either Grantham or one of the Niner coaches.

This...mainly for the fact that he has experience defending the pistol/wishbone/read option. Whatever u wanna call it.
ELLIASJWILLIAMS is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #104
Subscribing Member

JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
I liked it better when we were taking our time. I hope we don't get hung up on Crennel or the Mangina.
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #105
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Blessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of light
Blessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of lightBlessedog is a glorious beacon of light
Its rare that I go to another Saints forum and find something that I haven't already seen on here but I came across this and thought it was funny.

DC coaching search: candidates/rumors Scroll down to the pic of Crennel and Payton.

Seems like a perfect match to me!
Blessedog is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #106
The 1 Arm Receiver

AmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
AmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javon7143 View Post
"Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per league sources. "

-Schefter

Even mentions that they could both possibly come in together serving different roles.
He Hacked Glazers Celly
AmerVet is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #107
Saintiac

mrwhodat is marching in
mrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching inmrwhodat is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodataholic View Post
exactly why i'm gonna have no emotion towards any DC we hire.. im tired of offseason hype i'll just wait to see how we actually look on the field first.
Hype for sure was there for Spags to say the least (I was one of them), because of his track record. Regardless of who is brought on, we'll be looking at their achievements, and they have a big task of 'fixing the defense'.

After last year's horrible outing, all we can do is get better on defense?

12/30/2000 - Saints 31, Rams 28
mrwhodat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #108
RaNDoM HuMaN

whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!whodataholic is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meily View Post
Where's the fun in that? Building a Championship team or defense is run to watch and monitor...our first step is finding a defensive coordinater, second step is figuring out what current players fit the new scheme and the third step is drafting players who fit the new scheme...its the offseason, what else is there to do?

Crennel and Mangini would be two great hires and two guys who know the 3-4 in and out...it would be a great hire(s)...but I'm just excited about bringing the 3-4 back to NO.

i am excited to find a new DC but it hurts me the most when i get my hopes up for something and i am let down...

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #109
Hall-of-Famer

DesertKajun is marching in
DesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3cyph3r View Post
Talk about a defensive orgasm the romeo mangenius combination! Championship!
Might butt heads. Just get one and let him hire his staff.
DesertKajun is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #110
Numbers Never Lie

Analyze This is a jewel in the rough
Analyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javon7143 View Post
Isn't Donatell more of a 4-3 guy? Yea he coaches the secondary in a 3-4 scheme but still. I'd at least expect Someone who had more to do with the front 7.
He recently referred to himself as a "3-4 guy through and through".

(article)
Analyze This is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #111
Really?

Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
The longer this goes, the more I think Donatell is the #1 guy the Saints want. If they wanted to they could pull the trigger on Romeo or Mangini right now. They can't talk to Donatell until next week. Whether he'll come, is another issue. I hope so. I like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Jordan
How you like that answer? How you like that? You like it? Boom. Left to be interpreted -- or not.
Galbreath34 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #112
Pro-Bowler

Hotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to all
Hotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to allHotdog_Skin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerVet View Post
He Hacked Glazers Celly
Naw, Gregg Williams texted him.