Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Pro-Bowler

Gangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished road
Sherman > Butler!!!

why not just make the trade for Sherman who in my opinion is better, and bigger than butler?? We need a CB with size remember guys we face the likes of Hoolio, Benjamin and Evans 2xs per year.. i wish this coaching staff would take into consideration that when u trade with NE they always come out the winner ala Cooks trade smmfh!!! and now theres talk bout us giving up pick #11 for Butler.. O hell to dang NO.. If Payton and Loomis trade any of our top 3 pick they need to be Fired Immediately...

Lets Get Ready For Some Football!!!
Gangsta is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 28 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

saintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
saintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
No he isn't. At least not any more and not for this team IMO.
saintbilly25 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

Gangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished roadGangsta is on a distinguished road
what make butler so much better?? never heard of him b4 pretty much until now

Lets Get Ready For Some Football!!!
Gangsta is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 19 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
Who Dat?!?!

saints4life25 has disabled reputation
That's strictly a matter of opinion.

All I've heard this entire time about Butler is he's a system CB. Even though noone can give me a single example of a NE corner who they groomed who went on to be trash elsewhere. I can definitely point you in the direction of examples of SEA CBs being garabage elsewhere.
saints4life25 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

saintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
saintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintbilly25 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post

Did you watch football over the last 3 years?
saintbilly25 is offline Reply With Quote

12 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
Pro-Bowler

MG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura aboutMG3n2K5 has a spectacular aura about
People call Butler a system CB then say they want a slow aging system CB with a huge contract in Sherman. The only team that move would make sense for is Atlanta because they run a similar system and they may want to go all in this year.
MG3n2K5 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #7
Me Worry?

Ti Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger Club
Ti Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger ClubTi Rider 40K Burger Club
If you think you've seen balking about Butler's possible cost in terms of draft picks wait until you hear what the Seahawks would want for Sherman.....
Ti Rider is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
Hall-of-Famer

Hey BAY BAY!!! has disabled reputation
Butler product of the system in NE. Might not do that in NO. NFC South a different monster. Saints hve to secure the South before even considering playoffs. You hve to deal with WR like Benjamin, Jones, Evans, Gabriel, Sanu, V. Jackson, and now Deshaun Jackson. Saints need a shutdown CB. Will Butler fit that mold i dont know but my thinking is Butler was a product of NE system. Will it translate to NO who knows. Saints need a shutdown CB.
IMO i wouldnt trade my picks. I would get me a stud shutdown CB in draft.

Round 1 #11...Soloman Thomas, D. Barnett, R. Foster, or Tra' Daviius White. But if Dashaun Watson is there u cant pass him up. Hes the best QB in the draft and BPA.

Round 1 #32...Desmond King (Iowa) CB
or Evan Engram (Ole Miss) TE (This second round depends on pick #11.)

Round 2...Obi Melifonwu (UCONN) S/CB

Round 3...Joe Mixon (OKLA) RB
Round 3...Anthony Walker JR (Northwestern) LB

Round 5...Fred Ross (Miss State) WR

Round 6....Cam Sutton (Tenn) CB/PR/FS

Round 7...Kareem Are (FSU) Guard
or AJ Jefferson...(Miss. State) DE
Hey BAY BAY!!! is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #9
Subscribing Member

DerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to all
DerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to allDerrickB is a name known to all
Is Sean Payton ready to deal with somebody outspoken like Sherman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Di5mgiIFU
DerrickB is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #10
Pro-Bowler

platinumvinnyv has disabled reputation
Quote:
why not just make the trade for Sherman who in my opinion is better, and bigger than butler?? We need a CB with size remember guys we face the likes of Hoolio, Benjamin and Evans 2xs per year.. i wish this coaching staff would take into consideration that when u trade with NE they always come out the winner ala Cooks trade smmfh!!! and now theres talk bout us giving up pick #11 for Butler.. O hell to dang NO.. If Payton and Loomis trade any of our top 3 pick they need to be Fired Immediately...
I love Richard Sherman but he is the definition of system corner who benifets from 2 amazing safeties and a great pass rush that systematically mainly runs cover 3 and almost nothing different

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
stick n move

Born_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true Saint
Born_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true SaintBorn_A_Saint is a true Saint
Critical thinking has all but evaporated in this country.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #12
Never run out of Colt 45

Sun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Sun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
When football fans don't watch football.
Sun Wukong is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #13
Author of MR. NEW ORLEANS

MatthewV is a jewel in the rough
MatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the roughMatthewV is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
If only he had made one of the most famed plays in NFL history on the biggest possible stage at the most pivotal possible moment ...

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
SR is my life!

JackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger Club
JackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger ClubJackDiesel 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey BAY BAY!!! View Post
Butler product of the system in NE. Might not do that in NO. NFC South a different monster. Saints hve to secure the South before even considering playoffs. You hve to deal with WR like Benjamin, Jones, Evans, Gabriel, Sanu, V. Jackson, and now Deshaun Jackson. Saints need a shutdown CB. Will Butler fit that mold i dont know but my thinking is Butler was a product of NE system. Will it translate to NO who knows.
Can you even explain what NE's system is? And is Sherman not a product of Seattle's system? The same one that made Browner look good before he pretty much committed the most penalties ever as a Patriot and then Saint.

The Saints record with FA CB's is stellar lately with the lone exception being Bailey who was a low risk signing anyways. They hit on Greer, Lewis, Breaux, and even Moore who has been a career journeyman came in and looked respectable. So why all of a sudden are people freaking out when they've identified Butler as someone who can come in here and succeed? Sure our FA scouting department has a pretty miserable record overall but one position they know how to hit on is CB.
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.