Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Hall-of-Famer

d3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to behold
d3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to beholdd3vanj is a splendid one to behold
Some fans take on Sharper

On another NFL board I go to, a Bears fan started a thread titled:

Bears to host FS Sharper(nooooo!)

Here's the posts:
Quote:
1. Bears fan - I dont know how I feel about this...I mean, weve had some sucky FS in the past and been alright, but I dont know about this one....
Quote:
2. Vikings fan -Please, take him away from Minnesota. He's given a lot of what he has and he doesn't have any left.
Quote:

3. Bears fan -I don't want him here, let him stay in Hawaii. Typical Bears signing.
Quote:
4. Vikings Fan - woohooo.....ah well, saints or bears neither really matter to me, he's probably gonna be as good as what's on the depth chart for either of those teams right now [correct me if i'm wrong] i don't see how you could go right or wrong picking him up
Quote:
5. Bears Fan - The guy doesnt have it anymore. He'll be a huge liability and we'll be pleading for Craig Steltz to start, yeah it'll be that bad.
Quote:
6. Vikings fan -(In response to post #2) Took the words off my tongue.
d3vanj is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
He worries me. Ultimately I trust Payton, Loomis, and Williams though.
BoNcHiE is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

Ricky Bobby is on a distinguished roadRicky Bobby is on a distinguished roadRicky Bobby is on a distinguished roadRicky Bobby is on a distinguished road
that doesn't look good...but I'm still optimistic if we were to get him
Ricky Bobby is offline Reply With Quote

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #4

Swilling56 is a jewel in the rough
Swilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the rough
Better than playing with 10 men on defense, which is what we did last year.
Swilling56 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
5. Bears Fan - The guy doesnt have it anymore. He'll be a huge liability and we'll be pleading for Craig Steltz to start, yeah it'll be that bad.
Not a Craig Steltz fan I guess
BoNcHiE is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
"The Myth"

flyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to all
flyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to allflyguy8558 is a name known to all
guys remember it was also in chicago where they thought Bullocks was the best safety they had left out on the free agent market...

I wouldnt put much into it
flyguy8558 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
NOT A FANBOY

Pdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true Saint
Pdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true Saint
Sharper is an upgrade over Bullocks and KK but not huge.
Pdlc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
We stay BALLIN!!!!!

A-Shine is on a distinguished roadA-Shine is on a distinguished roadA-Shine is on a distinguished road
Bottom line is we need to sign Sensabaugh, Sharper is just tood old and there is no upside with him he is past his prime. I just hope we make the right decision, because this is prob the most important of the offseason.
A-Shine is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
All-Pro

Saint Hope is on a distinguished roadSaint Hope is on a distinguished road
I think we need the help no matter which or both we bring in...
Saint Hope is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Le Grande Fromarge

tomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
tomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famertomdda is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Shine View Post
Bottom line is we need to sign Sensabaugh, Sharper is just tood old and there is no upside with him he is past his prime. I just hope we make the right decision, because this is prob the most important of the offseason.
Does anybody really know how good Sensabaugh is in coverage? I saw somewhere that he was a good tackler and physical in run support but not so good in coverage. I sure would like to see some coaches tape on this guy to be able to see for myself if this guy can play. Don't want to be disappointed again....
tomdda is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #11

GoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished roadGoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished roadGoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished roadGoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished roadGoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished roadGoSaintsGo1 is on a distinguished road
Sesabaugh is a better version of Harper in that he's a little more athletic and natural playing the ball. He is not a natural FS, however.

I'd personally sign both if we can afford it. If not, then sign Sharper. You guys are overlooking the fact that the guy is one of the best this league has had at making plays on the ball, and the fact that he's a leader. We BADLY need a leader in the secondary.

The Saints know much better than these fans whether he still can play or not. I realize he doesn't have the speed he used to, but from a leadership and playmaking standpoint, Sharper gets the nod over Sensabaugh.
GoSaintsGo1 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Very Banned

Speedy Ronzales is on a distinguished roadSpeedy Ronzales is on a distinguished roadSpeedy Ronzales is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Shine View Post
your an idiot.vilma was the most important move of the offseason. williams has coached sensabaugh before and obviously he wasnt that impressed with him. if he were im sure they would have offered him something he couldnt refuse. i dont even think he has visited any other teams so he must not be that great
Speedy Ronzales is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #13

Swilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the roughSwilling56 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSaintsGo1 View Post
Sesabaugh is a better version of Harper in that he's a little more athletic and natural playing the ball. He is not a natural FS, however.

I'd personally sign both if we can afford it. If not, then sign Sharper. You guys are overlooking the fact that the guy is one of the best this league has had at making plays on the ball, and the fact that he's a leader. We BADLY need a leader in the secondary.

The Saints know much better than these fans whether he still can play or not. I realize he doesn't have the speed he used to, but from a leadership and playmaking standpoint, Sharper gets the nod over Sensabaugh.
He only needs enough speed to be in the general vicinity (let's say, 30 yards) from the play. That would be an upgrade. Did Bullocks even know when we were on defense?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

RazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true Saint
RazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true SaintRazorSaint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdlc View Post
Sharper is an upgrade over Bullocks and KK but not huge.
No he's not
~Andrew Carnegie
RazorSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSaint View Post
No he's not
Anybody is an upgrade over Bullocks. Bullocks has no clue what's going on. I know Fred T lost a lot towards the end, and Jason David wasn't good. But the amount of TD's that were given up was disgraceful. The FS is the last line of defense, and he was never there. Not even in the picture. Hell, I'm not even sure he was on the field. I don't care if he's fast or athletic. He just doesn't have the instincts or the smarts to be successful. Sharper does. Think Sammy Knight. Was he the fastest? No. The strongest? No. Still, he was always there. Always making plays. Always saving the day. (whatever, my nostalgia may be kicking in, but I'm sticking with it). Bullocks doesn't get it. Sharper gets it.