New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Fighting Gamecocks!!!

FlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to behold
FlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to beholdFlySaint is a splendid one to behold
Steve Smith today and PFs

I was at the game today so i had no TV or replay views of wha I saw. On two separate plays I saw SS perpetrate what I thought were clear personal fouls.

First one he was away from the play and got tangled up with one of our DBs - Harper maybe. Looked like SS took him to the ground by his facemask, and when his teammate pulled him off he kicked at our guy...ref standing right there.

Second on was after the second onsides attempt I saw SS sprint over to Graham after the play was over and shove him a couple of times...sought him out purposefully.

No call on either one. Did anyone else see this? Am I off base here?
FlySaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

detmut is marching in
detmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySaint View Post
I was at the game today so i had no TV or replay views of wha I saw. On two separate plays I saw SS perpetrate what I thought were clear personal fouls.

First one he was away from the play and got tangled up with one of our DBs - Harper maybe. Looked like SS took him to the ground by his facemask, and when his teammate pulled him off he kicked at our guy...ref standing right there.

Second on was after the second onsides attempt I saw SS sprint over to Graham after the play was over and shove him a couple of times...sought him out purposefully.

No call on either one. Did anyone else see this? Am I off base here?
not off base. this is what steve smith does and who he is. how he gets away with it, i don't know. i never saw the jimmy graham personal foul on tv. the refs were horrible all game.
detmut is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Veteran Starter

fishallday has disabled reputation
SS is a street rat..... Without football he is in jail.
fishallday is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmut View Post
not off base. this is what steve smith does and who he is. how he gets away with it, i don't know. i never saw the jimmy graham personal foul on tv. the refs were horrible all game.
He gets away with it the same way Roddy White does. The NFL prefers offense over defense, don't expect them to flag him. This isn't 1992 anymore or he would constantly be getting flags.
Symbiote is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
on my own ignore list

keefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saint
keefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saintkeefresh2 is a true Saint
as soon as the 2 announcers said SS was into it with someone (Mack) I knew even before the showed the replay that smith would have grabbed our guy by the facemask. because that's what he does every time he gets into it with someone. i have no earthly idea why the dirty rotten cheap shot punk doesn't get ejected and fined every other game, i really don't.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
Super Forum Fanatic

2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club
2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Photography Award Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 2

He is a punk and for Goodell to not have done anything about it once again shows that his player safety mantra is a hypocritical joke.

2009ring is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

detmut is marching in
detmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
He gets away with it the same way Roddy White does. The NFL prefers offense over defense, don't expect them to flag him. This isn't 1992 anymore or he would constantly be getting flags.
i understand that. that's why roddy white gets away with his push-offs. but push-offs aren't personal fouls. steve smith gets away with personal fouls.
detmut is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

FLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to behold
FLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to beholdFLSaintsFan is a splendid one to behold
If it was 1992 someone would've taken him out by now.

HD
FLSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
USA USA USA !!!

saintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
saintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintlyn8 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Yup. Hes a piece of garbage. He does it constantly yet he's almost never flagged for it. Alot of folks say oh he's just a fierce competitor. No, he's a punk and a dirty dirty player to boot.
saintlyn8 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
I watched on TV and agree. It is a mystery that he gets away with what he gets away with. The officiating today was poor.
RJ in Lafayette is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

Vacherie Saint has disabled reputation
A few years back he got into it with his own teammate in training camp and smashed the guy's face up. He's a first-class maggot turd and I count the days until he is retired from NFL football.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club Member
I have no idea why they refuse to throw PF flags on him. He does this stuff every game.

Today he clearly threw a punch, which is supposed to be an ejection. That's the 2nd time this year. Both times he didn't even get flagged. And it's no question the ref saw it both times.
BoNcHiE is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
Pro-Bowler

tpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura abouttpayne12no has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefresh2 View Post
as soon as the 2 announcers said SS was into it with someone (Mack) I knew even before the showed the replay that smith would have grabbed our guy by the facemask. because that's what he does every time he gets into it with someone. i have no earthly idea why the dirty rotten cheap shot punk doesn't get ejected and fined every other game, i really don't.
I saw the altercation with Mack. I was yelling "Uppercut Mack! Uppercut!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

Cuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to behold
Cuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to beholdCuozzo67 is a splendid one to behold
Steve Smith and Joey Galloway ... 2 WRs who have been Saints killers over the years. Difference is that Smith is a classless player.
Cuozzo67 is offline Reply With Quote