New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
The new section 152

chrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
chrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famerchrisandersen is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Superdome Plaza Seats for Sale

Saw Bobby Hebert doing a commercial for this last night. All of the Plaza seats are going to be sold to season ticket holders for $349 each, two for $549. Any leftovers to the general public on Halloween.
I'm still confused on what is going to happen with the plaza. Can't seem to find any drawings of new configuration.

http://www.seatsfromthesuperdome.com/default.htm

Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
KCCO

BLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the rough
BLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DOG_MAN is a jewel in the rough
They are replacing the seats. BDM

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Indonesian Coon***

SebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger Club
SebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger ClubSebaSaint 50K Burger Club
dang it.... I clicked on the thread thinking this was about season tickets for sale.
SebaSaint is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Very Banned

Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandersen View Post
Saw Bobby Hebert doing a commercial for this last night. All of the Plaza seats are going to be sold to season ticket holders for $349 each, two for $549. Any leftovers to the general public on Halloween.
I'm still confused on what is going to happen with the plaza. Can't seem to find any drawings of new configuration.

I saw that on TV and immediately told my wife I wanted to buy a seat from the Superdome for 350 bucks. She didn't miss a beat.

"You already buy three of 'em every year, and they cost more than 350 bucks."

Owned
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Boise State Fan

diat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
diat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
that price is outrageous.

Payton on Bush/Thomas: "Both of them have different skill sets. It's our job to make sure we're putting them in the right positions to have success."
diat150 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Tee Retriever

ClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to behold
ClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to beholdClayT101 is a splendid one to behold
I think it will cost them at least $350 to clean off all of the stuff that has accumulated up on mine over the years.

Like fish and aquariums? Come join us at the Southeast Louisiana Aquarium Society: www.selas.us
ClayT101 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
robot in disguise

Optimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger Club
Optimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger Club
mine is so wrecked that i doubt anyone wants it. its covered with scratches and black and gold paint rub-offs. plus the seat is ripping. im pretty harsh on my seat.

2005-2010 Superdome sec 151 (RIP area 51) 2007: Reliant sec 117 2008: Wembley sec 141
2009: Landshark: sec 117 row 1 Fedex Field: DREAM sec 19 Superbowl: sec 146 row 1
2010: Cowboys Stadium: sec 127 row 1 Georgia Dome: sec 131 row 1
2011: Superdome sec 116 row 1 Lambeau Field sec 127 row 1 LP Field sec 116 row A
Optimusaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
Pro-Bowler

B-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura aboutB-Rich has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandersen View Post

No drawings are available, but here is the description from the Superdome website:

Phase 2 To be completed by July 2011
Once the 2010 football season has concluded, the Louisiana Superdome will close for a marathon of upgrades scheduled to be completed before Essence Music Festival in July of 2011.

The Plaza level (100-Level) concourse will be widened from 18 feet to 60 feet in certain areas. This will improve the flow of pedestrian traffic and allow for more concession options and restrooms.

The existing Plaza (100-level) east and west side stands will be reconfigured, moving seats closer to the action on the field as well as providing 3,100 additional prime seats for fans.

Two new premium club lounges will be constructed underneath the east and west side plaza stands. These premium lounges will feature high-end furnishings, a private bar and dining options as well as direct access from the parking garage. Patrons will be able to access their plaza-level seats straight from the premium club lounges under the stands.

One must remember that the Dome was built with movable stands in the plaza level to accomodate BASEBALL, and for a while there in the '70s there was an idea that we might get a major league franchise. When the sideline seats were pushed back in a baseball configuration (AKA the expanded configuaration also used for Sugar Bowl, BCS or Super Bowl games) there is no catwalk "bridge" to be crossed to access sideline seats.

Since Katrina, there has been and will no longer be any baseball games in the dome. As anyone who sits in the Plaza knows, there is a LOT of wasted space in those areas where the catwalk bridges are. The plans pretty much call for removing all the existing movable seat sections and replacing them with a permanent section, with 3,100 extra seats, wider concourses, and clubs underneath. The plaza seats will have new entries between the top and bottom rows (currently you can only enter from the top) that lead to/from the plaza club level.
B-Rich is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
All-Pro

all2neat is a jewel in the rough
all2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the roughall2neat is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone know if the plaza seats are going to be consider club seats next year? By the sounds of it they will have all the benefit of a club seat and be closer... I'm curious as to the new cost.
all2neat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Section 142

mid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
mid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famermid-city fan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
Does anyone know if the plaza seats are going to be consider club seats next year? By the sounds of it they will have all the benefit of a club seat and be closer... I'm curious as to the new cost.
There has been no announcement that I know of regarding the "Bunker Clubs" and their cost, or what sections may be subject to a new "club fee." I am in Sec 142, so I am waiting anxiously to here what is going to happen.

BTW...here are some images I lifted from the video that they did for the 2013 Super Bowl bid...

newsuper1.jpg
mid-city fan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
I'm a beast.. :shrug:

Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Beast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBeast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rich View Post
No drawings are available, but here is the description from the Superdome website:

Phase 2 To be completed by July 2011
Once the 2010 football season has concluded, the Louisiana Superdome will close for a marathon of upgrades scheduled to be completed before Essence Music Festival in July of 2011.

The Plaza level (100-Level) concourse will be widened from 18 feet to 60 feet in certain areas. This will improve the flow of pedestrian traffic and allow for more concession options and restrooms.

The existing Plaza (100-level) east and west side stands will be reconfigured, moving seats closer to the action on the field as well as providing 3,100 additional prime seats for fans.

Two new premium club lounges will be constructed underneath the east and west side plaza stands. These premium lounges will feature high-end furnishings, a private bar and dining options as well as direct access from the parking garage. Patrons will be able to access their plaza-level seats straight from the premium club lounges under the stands.

One must remember that the Dome was built with movable stands in the plaza level to accomodate BASEBALL, and for a while there in the '70s there was an idea that we might get a major league franchise. When the sideline seats were pushed back in a baseball configuration (AKA the expanded configuaration also used for Sugar Bowl, BCS or Super Bowl games) there is no catwalk "bridge" to be crossed to access sideline seats.

Since Katrina, there has been and will no longer be any baseball games in the dome. As anyone who sits in the Plaza knows, there is a LOT of wasted space in those areas where the catwalk bridges are. The plans pretty much call for removing all the existing movable seat sections and replacing them with a permanent section, with 3,100 extra seats, wider concourses, and clubs underneath. The plaza seats will have new entries between the top and bottom rows (currently you can only enter from the top) that lead to/from the plaza club level.

I wonder if they will raise them off the field any or increase the pitch of them.. I sit on row 26 on the sideline in the plaza, but it'd be great to be a little higher up sometimes..

Old 09-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
robot in disguise

Optimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger Club
Optimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger ClubOptimusaint 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-city fan View Post
There has been no announcement that I know of regarding the "Bunker Clubs" and their cost, or what sections may be subject to a new "club fee." I am in Sec 142, so I am waiting anxiously to here what is going to happen.

BTW...here are some images I lifted from the video that they did for the 2013 Super Bowl bid...

based on those, it looks like im getting screwed. my section (151) is over one of the emergency exit tunnels. right now, it puts me directly on the corner of the endzone. in those drawings it will put me way back and far from the endzone (if the section numbers above the tunnels stay the same.)

cool drawings though, im anxious to see them completed. especially if it means more seats. more seats=more noise!

2005-2010 Superdome sec 151 (RIP area 51) 2007: Reliant sec 117 2008: Wembley sec 141
2009: Landshark: sec 117 row 1 Fedex Field: DREAM sec 19 Superbowl: sec 146 row 1
2010: Cowboys Stadium: sec 127 row 1 Georgia Dome: sec 131 row 1
2011: Superdome sec 116 row 1 Lambeau Field sec 127 row 1 LP Field sec 116 row A
Optimusaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #13

SaintKurt is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason the Superdome is how it is now (gap between plaza seats and concourse) is because those seats get pushed back when baseball games were played at the DOME. Now since baseball is not being played at the DOME that extra space can be used as concourse area which is greatly needed in the plaza level.

The seats in the plaza level are changing because the seats will be boxed off instead of a semi-circle configuration. In other words, the sideline of the plaza level will not be circular in shape. The guy at the 50yd line ROW 1 will be the same distance from the field ast the guy on the 20yd line ROW 1. This will bring the seats closer to the field. This how I understood the change
SaintKurt is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #14

SaintKurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-city fan View Post

Exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks for the illustration.
SaintKurt is offline Reply With Quote