home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornSaintsFan View Post
The OU game is what put Tavon Austin on the map he was going up and down the field running all over OU's defense ironically they still lost the game it was a fantastic game all the way to the last second. If anyone hasn't watched it you should.

OU vs West Virginia 2012 - YouTube
21 rushes for 344 yds vs Oklahoma.

he can be physical. Coached properly and if he has the proper attitude, there is no doubt in my mind he can be a clone of Steve Smith.

A back breaker.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
All-Pro

blackjack has disabled reputation
In this offense Austin would be a monster.

For that matter so would DeSean Jackson and Percy Harvin.

These guys are what the league is going to look like with the way the rules are becoming, and it won't be the first time shorter fast guys were in vogue, but this time they will be around longer with the pistol offense that will undoubtedly be copied plus rules helping defenseless receivers, more sure to come.

I wouldn't go top 15 for us only because our other needs are much greater but the first round is possible especially when you get to the playoff teams with fewer holes to fill drafting late. New England might have to let Welker walk, whose to say they wouldn't pull the trigger on a guy like that?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
All-Pro

blackjack has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornSaintsFan View Post
The OU game is what put Tavon Austin on the map he was going up and down the field running all over OU's defense ironically they still lost the game it was a fantastic game all the way to the last second. If anyone hasn't watched it you should.

OU vs West Virginia 2012 - YouTube
Actually LSU the year before was the first time a lot of us saw him. He was great and had it not been for Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne that would have been an L.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
I know, I feel the same way. I also liked Woods' performance today. He was better than I expected, looks fully healed from his ankle injury, and probably earned himself some money today.
Woods reminds me og Reggie Wayne...just a good all around WR.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
I'm having a really hard time remembering any 5'8-5'9" speedster WRs doing well in recent NFL history. Steve Smith is 5'9 and a 4.4 guy but he also is extremely physical.

When I think of 5'8 speedsters I think of guys like Sinorice Moss.

That alone scares me. I do think Austin can be a beast in the NFL both returning kicks and as a WR but if he was 2" taller he'd be a top 10 pick.
Lance moore 5'9" and 1/4

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...41/lance-moore

Tes/HGH/Thy
SaintsJunkie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
Super Forum Fanatic

robsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura aboutrobsmith32 has a spectacular aura about
ask, the former gm of detroit, and former announcer everyone loved to hate on about taking wr's in the first round....
robsmith32 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #35
Almost Heaven :o)

BELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished roadBELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished roadBELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished roadBELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished roadBELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished roadBELOWSEALEVEL is on a distinguished road
tavon is the best player ive seen at wvu.....ever!
we've had some great ones but he's special.
best PLAYER in the draft on offense imo

Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #36
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmith32 View Post
ask, the former gm of detroit, and former announcer everyone loved to hate on about taking wr's in the first round....
I dont think anyone expects Austin to go in the 1st.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #37
Pro-Bowler

GilFinnerty is on a distinguished roadGilFinnerty is on a distinguished roadGilFinnerty is on a distinguished roadGilFinnerty is on a distinguished roadGilFinnerty is on a distinguished roadGilFinnerty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
I agree, I'd also put him in the mid 2nd round. Wouldn't be the worst 1st round pick but you wouldn't be excited about it either.

I'd give a top 10 pick for Steve Smith if he was in the draft and not look back but he has a physical attitude that makes most 6'4" receivers look timid and that isn't Austin.

So if we wouldn't give up a 1st round pick for the best player out of dozens with his size/speed then why give up a 1st for Austin.

Another poster mentioned Brees, Sproles and Wilson. They are the exception out of hundreds of similar sized players. Austin may be that exception but I wouldn't gamble a first round pick on those odds.

At worst he is a great return man and an occasional deep threat.
I disagree. I think football is a game of quickness more then speed, and his is elite. Plus he has the downfield speed. I see a football player to go along with all his impressive attributes. In short area space and motion routes, he would be almost impossible to cover. He has natural hands. I see a future all pro in this kid. No Brainer to me, 1st round grade and worth every bit the price. Not saying for us. Although I think we need to infuse some talent in the WR position. We are well enough to not pick 15 at this position. If we didnt have the obvious needs we do have I would be crushing at this kid at 15. He will be the 1st WR off the boards.
GilFinnerty is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
waste of paint

FuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
FuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Actually LSU the year before was the first time a lot of us saw him. He was great and had it not been for Tyrann Mathieu and Morris Claiborne that would have been an L.
Yep, he had something like 170 yards receiving on a bunch of catches.

We were having a lot of trouble covering him, from what I can remember.
FuzzyDunlop is offline Reply With Quote