New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
Hall-of-Famer

Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!Dark Knight II is a BEAST!
I never cared about this. I would like Drew to sign though.
Dark Knight II is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #30
Hall-of-Famer

MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
MsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMsMSSaintsFan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Bears Steelers Raiders ....... Saints!

Personally I'm thinking I might just start liking this. Badaz Saints instead of "those lovable baffoons". SB winners instead of perinial losers. Screwdriver anyone who wants to take on our Saints! Let's take the medicine we have coming, but I say keep the rep that makes all other teams hesitate that one second!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #31
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
I agree man! I'm just ready for us to take the charge and see how our team handles it.
los226 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #32
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Lee View Post
One day later and I have to say that I just really don’t care about what people are saying about our image.

I care only about the punishment.

This is just more of the NFL being two faced and everyone in the League knows it. They want people to believe that this can be a non-violent sport when they have not made all of the available equipment changes for safety and they sure don't have a good track record of taking care of ex-players who have sacrificed their bodies for this sport. Those same old school players are probably laughing about this. By all means, try to make it safe but it still has to be football.

If we have a few less fringe fans after this then good; it helps to know who the real ones are.

We aren't going to get the “Gentlest Team” award – good.

I know that we have great players that are great people and they went out and played the game the same way it is played everywhere the way they all play it since they are kids.

I know that they played aggressive but they played in front of the same officials that all of their opponents did.

It’s us against the World again. No problems.

Saintsfan22 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #33
All-Pro

NaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to all
NaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to allNaJ88 is a name known to all
I'm only worried about the hits they'll take to this year's draft. They need all their picks this year to help supplement the Free Agency hit they're taking... I firmly believe (not as a blind fan but as a football watcher) that they could conceivably win another superbowl this year. And after that... who will really remember all of this "bounty" talk?
NaJ88 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #34
Van Damme Enthusiast

Benimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Benimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBenimaru is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
We're a resilient bunch. No matter what happens, as long as there's Saints football in New Orleans I will never stop cheering for the team.

I've been and am here to stay.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #35
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Mardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to behold
Mardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to beholdMardiboys is a splendid one to behold
I went to work today, called some friends, worked in the yard, played with my kids, and I STILL DON'T CARE. Games were played on the field, and penalties for vilating rules have already been assessed by the refs.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #36
Hall-of-Famer

renegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
renegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famerrenegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famerrenegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famerrenegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famerrenegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famerrenegadewa is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMSSaintsFan View Post
Bears Steelers Raiders ....... Saints!

Personally I'm thinking I might just start liking this. Badaz Saints instead of "those lovable baffoons". SB winners instead of perinial losers. Screwdriver anyone who wants to take on our Saints! Let's take the medicine we have coming, but I say keep the rep that makes all other teams hesitate that one second!
Exactly this!!!.....................Maybe the thug rap will make other teams think a bit more than they should and hesitate that one split second that it will take for Chris Ivory to run over them like a Ford over a rooster!!

This sort of thing has been going on since the beginning of football and will not end here. If anything it will make teams be a little more careful and quiet about it.

It's like people are thinking that the Saints invented this or something and if they want to believe that then let their ignorance show it's true colors!!

I AM AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A WHODAT FAN SO THE REST OF THE LEAGUE AND ALL THEIR FANS CAN GO AND TAKE A FLYING LEAP AT A ROLLING DONUT!!!

.........pull my chain Mr Commissioner.........I dare you
renegadewa is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #37
Super Forum Fanatic

fdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
fdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Lee View Post
It’s us against the World again. No problems.
In honor of our new image, I propose we keep the '11 chant next year, but restore the song to its original lyrics.

Eff Everybody! You can't keep the WhoDat Nation down!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #38
Dre
More than 15K posts served!

Dre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Dre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDre is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I love the righteous indignation from other teams' fans, especially Vikings fans still bitter after their NFCCG loss (you see these in comment sections after news stories). They are so happy with this news. But this will blow over (even if the league decides to make an example of us), and they can go back to their querulous ways. We will be able to laugh at them again
Dre is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #39
All-Pro

Belfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to behold
Belfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to beholdBelfast Saint is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

Well said OP. I think the punishment, whatever it will end up being, will be ridiculously out of proportion with the 'crime'. The media coverage resembles a cage full of chimps after someone threw in a peanut - monkey rage. In the end, it's something that you see at all levels of football, in one form or another. Who knows what the actual details are but punishing someone so much they quit or are forced out of the game is the physical domination every football player strives for, or certainly in those positions where there is alot of contact.

I think fines for some of the main culprits and for the organisation is reasonable. Gregg Williams should probably be the only one who faces suspension. That should maybe result in the practice being curtailed around the league.

All the talk of tarnished titles, cheating and all that are just ridiculous. Sadly, Goodell will probably be influenced by the media's reaction.
Belfast Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #40
Bleeding black and gold

jerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
jerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjerryrip is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
This whole thing will die after the league issues their "decision" from on high like some gods handing down punishment to us mere mortals. I really don't care about it anymore. At least the disgruntled fans and players will finally get their pound of flesh and that'll be it.
jerryrip is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #41
Veteran

Baxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popularBaxish is becoming pretty popular
What can you do? We, the fans, didn't do anything. Nearly every player in the league is saying, Duh. Loomis can't draft worth a crap anyways. Take the lumps and move on. It seems the biggest proponent has already skipped town and it wasn't that big of a loss. Patriots have "Spy Gate". The Steelers have their "Phantom" touchdown that beat the Seahawks. And now we had some nimrod trying to twist sore ankles. When you get big and cause a lot of butthurt tears - you get some hate.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #42
Black and Gold Forever

Mackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Mackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of FamerMackenzie is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by oui_heart_saints View Post
I agree with what has been expressed in this thread.
Lots of players have come out saying that this is normal. The Saints were just the ones caught.

This is not the worst thing a team could have done and at the end of the day, it's not a huge deal.

Some have speculated that this happened all because New Orleans denied the media darling Favre a shot at the Super Bowl.
If that's the case, then it's hilarious and impressive that we angered them on this level.

Now when's Drew gonna sign that contract?
Your comment that "this is not the worst thing a team could have done" got me thinking.... what is the worst thing a team can do? When it comes to ethics, can you think of something a team has done that is worse than this? I know other teams do it but we are now the official face of it. I personally don't think it is a huge deal, but as far as public perception it has to rank pretty darn high. This is probably the biggest professional football story to come out in a long long time.
Mackenzie is offline Reply With Quote