New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
All-Pro

Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!Wicket6 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 662saint View Post
We can get a rush line backer in later rounds and he is one of the best in the draft his name is Brandon Jenkins from FSU
id prefer chase thomas but if we can get one of those two in the third id be ecstatic.
Wicket6 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #30
One time for ya boy!

Ross_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ross_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRoss_s_cfc is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
I am hoping for one of two scenarios come draft day:
1. Swap 1st round draft pick (15th) for a lower 1st round draft pick (21st to 32nd) and also add a 2nd round pick.
2. Swap 1st round draft pick for a 2nd and 7th round pick.

Either way, we would be swapping one pick for two. If not, stay pack and hope for the best.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
Why would we trade a late 1st pick for a second and 7th? That's ridiculous!

Early to mid 2nd and 3rd or a late 2nd, 4th and 5th is more likely.

Since my first of many visits to New Orleans!
Ross_s_cfc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #31
Hall-of-Famer

treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_s_cfc View Post
Why would we trade a late 1st pick for a second and 7th? That's ridiculous!

Early to mid 2nd and 3rd or a late 2nd, 4th and 5th is more likely.
If we trade down like 10 spots, it'd be worth a 2nd round pick, but the team trading up always pay a little more so they'd throw in a 5th to sweeten the pot.

If we traded out from there we could get either a whole raft of of picks, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc or a 2nd and 3rd this year and a 2014 2nd.
treeduck is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
Pro-Bowler

CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!CajunSaint08 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonetiks View Post
I'm confused you want to trade our first for (1) a first and second or swap it for (2) a second and a seventh?

If scenario 2 plays out that would be the worst trade ever and all fans would be ******. Belicheck always trades out of the first and stockpiles picks which is nice, but his second round selections are typically average at best.

We should stay where we are and draft bpa, unless we are only dropping down a couple of slots (no more than 20th) in exchange for a 2nd or 3rd and coaches/Mickey feel one of their targets will still be there.

Can't answer the question without knowing whose there and what we get, but I am against trading down.
I know I said a 2nd and a 7th, but it would not have to be a 7th. I guess the point I was trying to make is two picks for trading our 1st round pick. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd for our 1st. Or swap 1st to the 20th-28th spot and a 3rd to 5th round pick also. If we were to get two for the price of one, I think it would help.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!
CajunSaint08 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #33
All-Pro

nsingh93 is a glorious beacon of light
nsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of lightnsingh93 is a glorious beacon of light
If I'm trading back I want either A.) a late first and a second. B) a 2nd 3rd and a future first, while also giving up our 5th.
nsingh93 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #34
The Listener

bearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbearze34 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeduck View Post
Say after already trading down we do a Belichick and trade out of round 1 altogether with someone like the Cardinals so they can snatch a QB ahead of the Chiefs, Jags, Jets. How do you like that scenario? How many picks could it get us?

If you recall, Bill Walsh built a dynasty in about 2 years doing this in the 80's, before there was plan "B" free agency, let alone the type of free agency that exists today. If good picks are made it can be great. We need players and young ones at that. We don't have enough linebackers to run a 3-4 right now, at least enough competent ones. A young LB or two, along with a corner that can at least function on an NFL field would do wonders for our team. If we acquired some depth along with, say, 2 or three starters in this draft our defense could become serviceable, especially if we sign a few decent free agents and purge the roster a bit more. Our defense will in no way be as talented as the Niners or Ravens but Ryan will blitz every play a la Williams and at least make teams earn their yards, unlike last year where we were sitting ducks even at full strength. This fits nicely into Paytons MO which is attack, attack, attack. I don't know what they were thinking when they hired Spagnolu as he is the antithesis of Payton. Our offense will never be bad as long as Drew is there, but Katy bar the door if he gets hurt. We are burnt toast then no matter how we draft.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #35
Hall-of-Famer

treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearze34 View Post
If you recall, Bill Walsh built a dynasty in about 2 years doing this in the 80's, before there was plan "B" free agency, let alone the type of free agency that exists today. If good picks are made it can be great. We need players and young ones at that. We don't have enough linebackers to run a 3-4 right now, at least enough competent ones. A young LB or two, along with a corner that can at least function on an NFL field would do wonders for our team. If we acquired some depth along with, say, 2 or three starters in this draft our defense could become serviceable, especially if we sign a few decent free agents and purge the roster a bit more. Our defense will in no way be as talented as the Niners or Ravens but Ryan will blitz every play a la Williams and at least make teams earn their yards, unlike last year where we were sitting ducks even at full strength. This fits nicely into Paytons MO which is attack, attack, attack. I don't know what they were thinking when they hired Spagnolu as he is the antithesis of Payton. Our offense will never be bad as long as Drew is there, but Katy bar the door if he gets hurt. We are burnt toast then no matter how we draft.
treeduck is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #36
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

SW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enoughSW Saints Fan will become famous soon enough
We NEED a DEF starter from this pick. IMO we can't afford to trade this pick or miss...
SW Saints Fan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #37
Not a part of your system

NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by la. champ1 View Post
We are not one or two players away from a Super Bowl. Offensively you can argue that we are still around that level, but could stand to improve greatly by making one or two upgrades at certain positions and adding a player. Defensively we need three to four people who can come and be good solid starter caliber players (not necessarily pro bowl level), and one of those being a stud player, in order to make make very significant improvements defensively.

I think that you would have a better case if we were still running a 4-3 defense. Even so, I think the biggest question now on defense is not the players but the coach (Ryan). We have some very talented front 7 players for the 3-4 now with Hicks, Jordan, Bunkley, Gallette, Broughton, Wilson, etc.

I can only name two or 3 possible starting positions up for grabs on the roster, including RCB, WR, and LOLB.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #38
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSpyNDallas View Post
good for us. All our best picks are in later rounds.
This post says it all.

/thread.
parlorcitysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #39
True Dat

MikeyF is on a distinguished roadMikeyF is on a distinguished roadMikeyF is on a distinguished roadMikeyF is on a distinguished roadMikeyF is on a distinguished roadMikeyF is on a distinguished road
It all depends on who is still available. We have major needs on our team this off-season that can't be filled through free agency. We have to draft players who are ready to play. This doesn't happen on a consistent basis outside of the first round.

If we can drop down a couple of picks and still get one of our targeted players....Great!
To drop all the way out of the first round just to pick up multiple picks would be a mistake this year.
MikeyF is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #40
Super Forum Fanatic

CantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
CantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlorcitysaint View Post
This post says it all.

/thread.
you cant be serious right?

i mean every single first rounder has started here or on another team. with the exception of meachem, every single player we've drafted in the first round has been a starter for us

we land on what? 20% of the late rounders and undrafted free agents? i think thats being kind of generous too

our highest success rate has been in the first round
CantonLegend is offline Reply With Quote