Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 09-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Let the Wins Count begin!

bonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbonnjer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ultimately, I blame Goodell

While some of the blame does fall on the players and remaining coaches, I squarely place the blame for this 0-2 start on the shoulders of Goodell. When you have so many distractions and you have the lose of head coach and interim head coach, this is what happens. This team looks to lack focus, drive, and motivation. Dropped passes, blown coverages, poor line play.

Last week, I thought that the Panthers were going to get stomped by a team coming out to prove that the opener was a fluke. Unfortunately, I was wrong. They all look lost out there. Winning builds upon itself, leading to greater confidence. Well, losing builds upon itself too, pulling everyone down even further. I'm not sure how to fix things to get the fire back in them, but somebody better figure something out quickly or it will be a long season. Let's hope that we can get a win next week against the Chiefs and then carry that over to the Packers.

[Mod Edit - Thinly Veiled Profanity]
(USER RECEIVED A WARNING FOR THIS POST)

Last edited by St.Fury; 09-16-2012 at 03:25 PM.
bonnjer is offline Reply With Quote

30 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Veteran Starter

SaintsStorm has disabled reputation
I blame the new nike jerseys. Just saying...
SaintsStorm is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
SB This year!

SaintsMan209 is marching in
SaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching in
Goodell got what he wanted.

9 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
May contain 10% Ethanol
Railway Line Champion

Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan209 View Post
He can't get everything he wants...Favre still won't win another Superbowl

Days since Sean Payton was freed.
Denzien is offline Reply With Quote

10 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
VDK
Super Forum Fanatic

VDK is a jewel in the rough
VDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the roughVDK is a jewel in the rough
Well, this is our failsafe excuse for the year if it turns out horribly.

Sent from my iPad
VDK is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
All-Pro

Jazzco2000 has disabled reputation
Can we sue him??????????

http://www.augustrushnola.com
Jazzco2000 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

Pickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to behold
Pickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to beholdPickz is a splendid one to behold
I didn't want to start a new thread about this but I don't believe that Carmichael was calling the plays all season after Payton injury
Pickz is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
My Woman

Madhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to behold
Madhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to beholdMadhattr is a splendid one to behold
Vilma on monday should kiss and make up with goodell if goodell is willing to let Sean Payton coach again and lift all suspensions.

I may be a Saints fan but I'm sure as hell no Angel!!
XBOX Gamertag: Madhattr
Madhattr is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
More than 15K posts served!

meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Goodell took this teams leader and his just watching with a smile on his face...we gotta hold these boys down, this is unprecedented, these assistant coaches have never had to work like this, they are juggling responsibilities they never had to deal with before on game day and throughout the week...its going to take some time to get it together...probably after Vitt is back.
meily is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

natedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popularnatedog is becoming pretty popular
Yup, her really messed our team up. . . but we could have picked another replacement coach and maybe signed a couple players Wr that could catch ?

Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Is better than Matt Ryan.

rickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to behold
rickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to beholdrickyjones is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan209 View Post
Wait Til February. He'll really get it.

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Hall-of-Famer

harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
This is what I keep saying. Goodell is getting exactly what he wanted. We need our exiled coach.
harschman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

CAVALIER is marching in
CAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching in
Goodell has stolen money from the season ticket holders. It's criminal. And I think we were naive to think we wouldn't be affected by the subtractions.

"Don't like rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it." CAPTAIN Woodrow F. Call
CAVALIER is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
Veteran Starter

Caballero has disabled reputation
i'm leaning towards blaming Brees and his contract and personnel decisions. With Brees contract we lost Nicks, Meachem, and Porter. But mainly Nicks. Its clear Brees has more dinero in his pockets but those pockets are taking a beating. That to me is his own doing.

Our WR corps are a mess, Colston is out there running half speed with a foot, and Morgan is a mess. Lance Moore is doing ok but he's our only option right now it seems. No one is getting seperation. Sometimes you don't know what you got till its gone. I'm sure Meachems speed downfield opened alot of the underneath stuff up. Devery's injury isn't helping things.

Then there is Ingram which looks more and more like a waste every game. He just has no speed or vision and one move which is straight ahead into the pile. At least Ivory has the speed to bounce outside and the power to break a tackle. Ingram lack of anything killed too many drives today.

Then of course there is the D which is still a HUGE work in progress. We really need Vilma out there along with Lofton. I'm not sure what to say about the play of our safeties at this point.....

it all adds up to a very mediocre season. So all in all i think our performance is based on our personnel decisions we have made not so much on the abscence of the Coach.
Caballero is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 14 members found this post helpful.