New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Saints' fan 4ever

ndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saint
ndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saint
Video: Fielkow takes the "high road" in commenting about Benson

Arnie Fielkow (now on New Orleans City Council) expresses his disappointment about being removed from the Saints' front office, but remains a "gentleman" in the way he puts it across.

Short video clip:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Pluck those Falcons

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
He was cool about it. He was just speaking the truth. Nothing wrong with that. I'd be upset as well if I were a part of the Saints' organization and let go. It's a dream job, I'm sure.
Saints 4 life is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Saints' fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 life View Post
He was cool about it. He was just speaking the truth. Nothing wrong with that. I'd be upset as well if I were a part of the Saints' organization and let go. It's a dream job, I'm sure.
Word!

Wondering what Arnie will do now that he's leaving the City Council. Think he might be making a play to come back to the Saints?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcc View Post
Word!

Wondering what Arnie will do now that he's leaving the City Council. Think he might be making a play to come back to the Saints?

He's taking a job with one of the NBA players organizations.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Boo Boo Bear

geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Can't watch at work. I saw the other Arnie thread, but I don't think I ever saw why he was let go. Please to esplain?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxboy View Post
Can't watch at work. I saw the other Arnie thread, but I don't think I ever saw why he was let go. Please to esplain?
He was let go after Katrina for standing up to Benson and the city and speaking out against moving the Saints.

He recently resigned from the City Council to take a job with the NBA. There's a thread on the EE about it.

Arnie Fielkow steps down

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Saints' fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
He was let go after Katrina for standing up to Benson and the city and speaking out against moving the Saints.

He recently resigned from the City Council to take a job with the NBA. There's a thread on the EE about it.

Arnie Fielkow steps down
Thanks. Also found this article (Fielkow has a pretty decent resume'):

http://www.insidehoops.com/fielkow-r...s-082311.shtml

Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

CAVALIER is marching in
CAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching inCAVALIER is marching in
He still sold out the people who campaigned and voted for him. That's real commitment to NOLA.

"Don't like rude behavior in a man.....won't tolerate it." CAPTAIN Woodrow F. Call
CAVALIER is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
Clan of dren

Cajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true Saint
Cajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true SaintCajun Mike is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVALIER View Post
He still sold out the people who campaigned and voted for him. That's real commitment to NOLA.
Dude that is kinda harsh isn't it. He showed commitment, he got canned by Benson for blowing the whistle about a move. He also served in public office probably one of the very few honest men. He got a better offer, what person wouldn't do that to better your situation for you and your family?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
All-Rodent Team

Nutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to behold
Nutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to behold
He did a lot to keep the franchise in the City, at personal cost, so he's a hero to me.

"Save our Saints" was just yesterday.
Nutria is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Loomise-ite

GameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
GameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of FamerGameBreaker is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcc View Post
Word!

He's taking a job with the NBA Retired Players Association or something like that.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Yellow Belt

Dwight K. Saint has disabled reputation
I've actually heard from inside sources quite the opposite - that he was one of the main people behind trying to move the Saints.
Dwight K. Saint is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
All-Rodent Team

Nutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to behold
Nutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to beholdNutria is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K. Saint View Post
I've actually heard from inside sources quite the opposite - that he was one of the main people behind trying to move the Saints.
Well, never say never, but I really doubt that that is true. The following link is interesting. I'm not offering as any kind of evidence of Fielkow's positive intentions, but just as a time capsule. Unbelievable how much better things are now.

http://blackandgold.com/saints/10419...s-leaving.html
Nutria is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
I Heard You Were Dead!

Sun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club Member
Sun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K. Saint View Post
So he was publicly crusading to keep the team--to the point that he lost his job--but it was all just a clever ruse so he could actually move them.

I think your "inside sources" need to lay off the crack.
Sun Wukong is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.