Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Vilma releases statement!! "I INTEND TO FIGHT!"

"I INTEND TO FIGHT THIS INJUSTICE, TO DEFEND MY REPUTATION, TO STAND UP FOR MY TEAM AND MY PROFESSION AND TO SEND A CLEAR SIGNAL TO THE COMMISSIONER THAT THE PROCESS HAS FAILED, TO THE DETRIMENT OF ME, MY TEAMMATES, THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS AND THE GAME."

Per Albert Breer's twitter @albertbreer

99 out of 99 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
The Alaskan WhoDat

jayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saint
jayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saintjayhawk66 is a true Saint
That was... intense.

And rightfully so.
jayhawk66 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Veteran

ChrisK is a jewel in the rough
ChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the roughChrisK is a jewel in the rough
Go get him Vilma! Sue their butts (can't say what I want to say).
ChrisK is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Banned

Bayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Bayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Show me the tape goodell
Bayouman007 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #5

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
So is he saying that the punishment is unfair, or that he didn't do it?
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Mark it zero!!!

crescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
crescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famercrescentcityboi is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
All caps?

Well played, JV. Well played.
crescentcityboi is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Dreamer of Dreams

draftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
draftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdraftfreak is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
So true. Show me the film where any of this happened. Seriously. Besides Kurt Warner in the playoff game (which was a legal hit), who did we supposedly knock out??? Go get the JERK, Jon.

GEAUX MISSISSIPPI STATE - Go Dawgs...
draftfreak is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Holding Out of TC

shrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
shrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famershrike3000 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
So is he saying that the punishment is unfair, or that he didn't do it?
He says to defend his reputation. Dude sounds like he didn't do it.
shrike3000 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Refusing to backpedal

RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
Kick some [mod edit]!!!!
RadsRock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #10

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike3000 View Post
He says to defend his reputation. Dude sounds like he didn't do it.
Why can't he just say that he didn't do it? That's what is irking me the most.

The most emphatic way to express outrage over being falsely accused of something is to flat out say you didn't do it.

1 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
We're crab people now Dee

Doombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Doombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDoombot is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Imagine if you said to a co-worker "I'll give you $100 to go and slap the receptionist on the butt" - and then you get fired/suspended for saying so, even if your co-worker didn't do a thing.

yeah, I'd be all caps too man.
Doombot is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
Saints' fan 4ever

ndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
ndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Memberndcc Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Go get him Vilma! (...can't say what I want to say).

Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
Go to hell, Carolina!

TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
Why can't he just say that he didn't do it? That's what is irking me the most.
Because in all likelihood he did put up $10,000 for Williams' incentive pools. My guess is that he did do it, but he denies that it was done with the intent to injure anyone. He'd say that the money and the pools were for hard, clean hits that a guy would remember next time he saw Will Smith or Roman Harper bearing down on him. Which is probably what happened - after all, there's a reason Favre threw when they were already in FG range and he could have run for 6 or 7 yards. He didn't want to get jacked up again.
Which means their is only thing remaining for me to do: You must start the Revolution without Me. For I'm to be gone at some point in this life, as we all destined to be, you must gather your strengths, use your wits and cunning to infiltrate this system and take it over.
TulsaSaint is offline Reply With Quote

16 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
Imagine if you said to a co-worker "I'll give you $100 to go and slap the receptionist on the butt" - and then you get fired/suspended for saying so, even if your co-worker didn't do a thing.

yeah, I'd be all caps too man.
I think the league would argue that just because no one was able to collect, doesn't mean that the intent wasn't there. The police does arrest people for attempted crimes, regardless of if they were successful or not.

3 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
Pro-Bowler

SaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to behold
SaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to beholdSaintBud is a splendid one to behold
Entire statement from Vilma:

“I am shocked and extremely disappointed by the NFL’s decision to suspend me for the 2012 season. Commissioner Roger Goodell has refused to share any of the supposed evidence he claims supports this unprecedented punishment. The reason is clear: I never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, to any player for knocking Kurt Warner, Brett Favre or any other player out of the 2009 Divisional playoff game, 2010 NFC Championship Game or any other game.

“I never set out to intentionally hurt any player and never enticed any teammate to intentionally hurt another player. I also never put any money into a bounty pool or helped to create a bounty pool intended to pay out money for injuring other players. I have always conducted myself in a professional and proud manner.

“I intend to fight this injustice, to defend my reputation, to stand up for my team and my profession, and to send a clear signal to the commissioner that the process has failed, to the detriment of me, my teammates, the New Orleans Saints and the game.’’
SaintBud is offline Reply With Quote

64 out of 65 members found this post helpful.