Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer26ISTHEMAN is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
Odd that he is so passionate now about this but when invited by the commish to come to NYC and tell his side earlier he declined.
IMO, there's nothing odd about it at all, when you consider that Goodell has not shared any of the so-called evidence with the players. If Goodell was sincere, he would show the evidence to the player and then give him a chance to defend himself.

By the way, I'm pumped about JV's response! Goodell better have evidence to back up his crusade or he's gonna have lots of explaining to do.
26ISTHEMAN is online now Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #32
Bounty Hunter

whodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to behold
whodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to beholdwhodat?? is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBud View Post
Entire statement from Vilma:

I am shocked and extremely disappointed by the NFLs decision to suspend me for the 2012 season. Commissioner Roger Goodell has refused to share any of the supposed evidence he claims supports this unprecedented punishment. The reason is clear: I never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, to any player for knocking Kurt Warner, Brett Favre or any other player out of the 2009 Divisional playoff game, 2010 NFC Championship Game or any other game.

I never set out to intentionally hurt any player and never enticed any teammate to intentionally hurt another player. I also never put any money into a bounty pool or helped to create a bounty pool intended to pay out money for injuring other players. I have always conducted myself in a professional and proud manner.

I intend to fight this injustice, to defend my reputation, to stand up for my team and my profession, and to send a clear signal to the commissioner that the process has failed, to the detriment of me, my teammates, the New Orleans Saints and the game.
Give em hell 51.
whodat?? is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #33
All-Pro

SaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to behold
SaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to beholdSaintsSpringBayou is a splendid one to behold
Hooorah! Goodell is gonna weep in agony when it's said n done.
SaintsSpringBayou is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Super Forum Fanatic

coldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
coldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Membercoldseat Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
Well good for him. That's what I would say if I didn't do it. He will have his day to defend himself then.
Not if it were up to rodger. He wanted to make big headlines for handing out the punishments, but now he wants everybody to shut up and take the punishment.

But the NFLPA and Vilma aren't going to settle for that. They'll take this to court after the sham appeal process is finished next week. That's when the this story really takes off and we will actually be able to gleam what the truth is.
coldseat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
CP
Pro-Bowler

CP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to behold
CP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone have a link to that statement by Vilma?
CP is online now Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #36
Sink or swim

St. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to behold
St. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to beholdSt. Ouachita is a splendid one to behold
So what do you want to happen?

Pull the franchise?

Terrible.

Quote:
Why can't he just say that he didn't do it? That's what is irking me the most.

The most emphatic way to express outrage over being falsely accused of something is to flat out say you didn't do it.
St. Ouachita is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
More than 15K posts served!

bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
I think the league would argue that just because no one was able to collect, doesn't mean that the intent wasn't there. The police does arrest people for attempted crimes, regardless of if they were successful or not.
Ok, so lets say the intent was there to injure a player regardless if it was legal or not. No injury occured. The police couldn't charge with murder, hell, in this case they couldn't even charge with attempted murder because the actual attempt was never made. The best they could do is conspiracy to commit murder.

You have players that have stomped on players heads and gotten 4 and 6 game suspensions. The intent to injure was there, they attempted to injure them and they did so in a fashion that is completely against the rules.

I don't think Vilma was even fined between 09-11.

If you want to compare this to the police pressing charges then I'll play.

A guy kills his wife, police arrest him and jury convicts. He gets 25 years in prison.

The next day a guy talks about killing his wife in the guys locker room but never as much as raises his hand to her.
Police arrest him, jury convicts and he gets 100 years in prison.
bclemms is online now Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
Keeping the Faith

*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer*_deuce_* is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I`ve got a feeling that the commissioner really don't have any concrete evidence to show for any of these accusations.Just hearsay.

It's called tackle football for a reason!
*_deuce_* is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #39
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
GoldRush how do you penalize for "intent" to injure in a violent sport?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #40

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by meezy0236 View Post
Ok, present the evidence. Why go thru all the trouble of lawsuits and dragging this out if the evidence you have is so concrete and ironclad?
I don't know the answers to your questions. I'm just rebutting the "There's no evidence" rhetoric. Of course there is evidence or else there would be no reason to accuse him of anything. Whether it's strong or not is another story.
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
CP
Pro-Bowler

CP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to behold
CP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to beholdCP is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
GoldRush how do you penalize for "intent" to injure in a violent sport?
Especially since "intent" could be construed if a team kept tally of and bragged about the number of running backs or quarterbacks who did not complete games against them or if a player celebrated when knocking out another player on what is deemed a legal hit. Where is intent defined?
CP is online now Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #42
KMC

SirSaint21 has disabled reputation
Dude has every right to be ******. Total BS punishment on his part. It'll get ugly between Goodell and NFLPA. And it should
SirSaint21 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #43
Veteran Starter

meezy0236 has disabled reputation
Quote:
I don't know the answers to your questions. I'm just rebutting the "There's no evidence" rhetoric. Of course there is evidence or else there would be no reason to accuse him of anything. Whether it's strong or not is another story.
No, there's only evidence because the commissioner says there's evidence. So far no one but the commissioner has even seen all this so called evidence. My point is, if I'm the Commish, and I had all this damaging evidence, then i'm leading with my strongest hand once i'm even questioned about it's legitmacy.
meezy0236 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #44
Saints fan in Eagle land

Broknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to behold
Broknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to beholdBroknbusted is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP View Post
Does anyone have a link to that statement by Vilma?
Vilma to Goodell: The process has failed - New Orleans Saints - CBSSports.com RapidReports

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #45

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
Ok, so lets say the intent was there to injure a player regardless if it was legal or not. No injury occured. The police couldn't charge with murder, hell, in this case they couldn't even charge with attempted murder because the actual attempt was never made. The best they could do is conspiracy to commit murder.

You have players that have stomped on players heads and gotten 4 and 6 game suspensions. The intent to injure was there, they attempted to injure them and they did so in a fashion that is completely against the rules.

I don't think Vilma was even fined between 09-11.

If you want to compare this to the police pressing charges then I'll play.

A guy kills his wife, police arrest him and jury convicts. He gets 25 years in prison.

The next day a guy talks about killing his wife in the guys locker room but never as much as raises his hand to her.
Police arrest him, jury convicts and he gets 100 years in prison.
Maybe I misspoke. Just because the alleged bounty wasn't collected doesn't mean that players didn't attempt to injure for the purposes of collecting. That's what I believe the NFL would argue. They are treating the statement and the intent as one and the same. You just can't say it.

The burden of proof in regards to proving that someone tried and failed to injure someone for a bounty would be extremely difficult to satisfy in a court of law, but the NFL isn't a court of law. What exact evidence do they have? I don't know. None of us know, but that's silly to suggest that no evidence exists just because we don't know what it is. This isn't going to be like the OJ trial where everything is out there for the world to see. What benefit would there be for the NFL to publicize evidence against Vilma?

I'm just preparing people for the reality that the NFL lawyers have already hypothesized every arguement that Vilma's representation will likely present and they are confident it will hold, otherwise these sactions would not have been handed down in the first place.
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.