Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #76
Pro-Bowler

WallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
WallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of FamerWallyBB is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRush26 View Post
I think the league would argue that just because no one was able to collect, doesn't mean that the intent wasn't there. The police does arrest people for attempted crimes, regardless of if they were successful or not.
Actually... The NFL has already gone on record saying that the players are accountable for their actions on the field, not what is said before or after.

So if nothing was happening out of the norms of the game on the field, players shouldn't be accountable, at least that's the precedent the NFL itself already established.
WallyBB is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #77

ivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished roadivo610 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26ISTHEMAN View Post
IMO, there's nothing odd about it at all, when you consider that Goodell has not shared any of the so-called evidence with the players. If Goodell was sincere, he would show the evidence to the player and then give him a chance to defend himself.

By the way, I'm pumped about JV's response! Goodell better have evidence to back up his crusade or he's gonna have lots of explaining to do.
Any place of employment I have ever known doesnt present evidence when they interview they merely ask for the persons side of the story.

If I did nothing wrong I would go and try and set the record straight instead of avoiding the commish.
ivo610 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #78

Alaxar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by i WhoDat i View Post
Nobody is saying there was not a money pool. The argument the Saints are all making is a matter of RHETORIC. Very important verbiage that is not accurately portraying the situation.

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Bounty vs. Player Pool

Bounty = Money to injure. This is the media's buzz word that is making the understanding of the situation worse. This is the basis of the NFL and Media's argument.

Player Pool = Money to make big defensive plays. INTENT TO INJURE IS NOT IN THIS EQUATION. This is the basis of all Saints' arguments.

Why can't the public and NFL understand this very important point??

!WhoDat!
Just a slight problem, player pools are illegal.
Alaxar is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #79
Hall-of-Famer

doctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
doctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdoctorj is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Who Dat Nation is behind you in your fight of the injustice 100%!
doctorj is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #80
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

kevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
kevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkevinh is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintStephen View Post
Hear me out:
When did Hargrove sign his affidavit? If it was as a Packer, there is an obvious conflict of interest there. Worst case, McCarthy told him he'd get PAID and used him to sabotage a HUGE conference rival's season. Conspiracy I know, but shouldn't that be taken into account, just like they look at plea bargainers in the justice system to see what's in it for them??
This has been bothering me as of late and I was a big Hargrove fan...until I heard about the signed statement...
That's what I'm saying. Not to knock his play, but he has FAR more value to the Packers playing 8 games + the playoffs since he took out Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, Joe Vitt, Vilma, and Joe Vitt for 6 games and Will Smith for 4.
kevinh is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #81
BREES HOF

SaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger Club
SaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger ClubSaintsJunkie 40K Burger Club
you have to love Vilma, he is right and he will fight for what is right

Don't light the Dynamite
SaintsJunkie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #82
They're blue!

blasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
blasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famerblasian is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaxar View Post
Just a slight problem, player pools are illegal.
So is smoking weed, but I haven't seen anyone get suspended for a year for it.
blasian is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #83
SR is my life!

VPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true Saint
VPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
Odd that he is so passionate now about this but when invited by the commish to come to NYC and tell his side earlier he declined.
Gee, did you forget the part where the NFLPA lawyers told them NOT TO go!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #84

GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
GoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerGoldRush26 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by meezy0236 View Post
Again, no one is saying there was no pay for performance system. As a matter of fact everyone has basically accepted the fact that system was in place. What is being argued is, the money that was put up, was to intentionally take out players, and that is not the same as what was the team admitted to having. My guess is, the bulk of the evidence collected showed that there was a pay for performance system in place and not necessarily a pay to injure system. Pay for performance is not impactful enough to make a point about player safety in the midst of all these up coming lawsuits, but say bounty, and now you have something the public, media, and league can sink their teeth into.Now you can spotlight a rogue team being historically punished, and try to show people "hey look I care about player safety, look what I did to the Saints".
Unfortunately the Saints got caught with something the league could punish (pay-for-performance) made worse by testimony of witnesses that there were bounties placed on individuals during games. Probably most of the evidence people are looking for is witness (player) testimony saying that they were targeted. But none of us knows that the penalty would've been any different if there were no "bounty" talks discovered.
GoldRush26 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #85
SR is my life!

VPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true Saint
VPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true SaintVPCajun is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by m318 View Post
"She said" is all I'm hearing from the NFL.
Umm, don't you mean ESPN et al???

Never seen so much ONE SIDED SLANTED "reporting" as the smearing and besmirching being done by the media!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #86
All-Pro

Saintina is marching in
Saintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching inSaintina is marching in
Quote:
Well for one, Gregg Williams said that a pay-for-performance system was in place and that the coaching staff was complicit. That's a pretty big hunkin piece of evidence right there.

As for Bounty vs pay-for-performance, I'm really not a big advocate of trying to differentiate the two. If you're going to do one you're pretty likely to do the other. It's like a gateway effect.
Wasn't GW's statement written by the NFL?

Edit: I really need to read ahead before posting! But then I would forget what I want to post if no one posts what I want to say!
Saintina is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #87
cool brees

saintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Club
saintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Clubsaintlyn8 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey BAY BAY!!! View Post
About time for someone to stand up and fight this mess. If your innocent why not. I really think Vilma will beat this and be on the field fr half a season.

Good Luck Vilma and Who Dat!!! The Nation is behind you......
Absolutely!! 100% behind ya JV!!! DESTROY GODell.
saintlyn8 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #88
Black and Gold Forever

Mackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true Saint
Mackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true SaintMackenzie is a true Saint
Quote:
So is he saying that the punishment is unfair, or that he didn't do it?
The rest of his statement makes it pretty clear he didn't participate to the degree the Goodell is stating.
Mackenzie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #89
All-Pro

saints15 is a jewel in the rough
saints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the roughsaints15 is a jewel in the rough
Just saw this tweet

Jonathan Vilma @JonVilma51

Man...the support I received today was overwhelming!!!
saints15 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #90
All-Pro

jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!jayjay2 is a BEAST!