New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Veteran

NOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished road
Watching preseason games in Shreveport ? are they on Comcast / Direct TV ?

??
i remember watching them on Comcast last year (my first yr with COmcast) but i don't see them listed on Fox or any of the sports channels

plz help

Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Hall-of-Famer

Saints 318 is a glorious beacon of lightSaints 318 is a glorious beacon of light
Saints 318 is a glorious beacon of lightSaints 318 is a glorious beacon of lightSaints 318 is a glorious beacon of light
i remember watchin on CST Cox Sports
Saints 318 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Veteran

NOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished roadNOLA brookz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 318 View Post
i remember watchin on CST Cox Sports
yeah after a little more research i saw that too & its supposed to be 745 , but on the guide the channel doesn't exist it goes from 744 to 746 (& i have the sports package so it isn't for lack of a subscription)

i'm hoping that channel just pops up during game time or somethin .. how are you gonna watch ? are you planning to or just haven't thought about it really

Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
NWLA Nut

Zanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to all
Zanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to all
Knowing comcast in this area, there's no telling how they'll screw it up.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Hall-of-Famer

zknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
zknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I remember the games used to come on channel 6 a few years ago (the local bulletin board channel) until CST was actually given a channel.

Don't know why Comcast dropped it.

Anyway, give that a try on Friday night.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Super Forum Fanatic

Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I don't know about Comcast but direct tv won't have the CST games. Even when they are live on NFLN it gets blacked out if they're local on CST...even without the ability to get CST. Been going to my parents house for those games but this year they have DTV so I'm either going to find someone with cable or a bar with it...then I can watch the replay in peace later.
Saint Greg is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
dd
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

dd is a glorious beacon of light
dd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of lightdd is a glorious beacon of light
The SHV Fox will probably broadcast the Cowgirls if both are being played at the same time.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Rookie

poolejkp17 has disabled reputation
CST website shows cable channel 653.

New Orleans Saints :: Featured Teams :: CST :: Cox Sports Television
poolejkp17 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Zardnokalicious!

Zardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to behold
Zardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to beholdZardnok is a splendid one to behold
For what it is worth, I called to check with Buffalo Wild Wings in Shreveport and they said they will NOT have the game on since they are with DirecTV and do not get Cox Sports. She did check with the Bossier location down at the Boardwalk and they said they WILL have the Saints game on Cox Sports.

I am thinking the solution is to find a buddy in Shreveport that has Comcast and watch it on Channel 653 which is carrying the games or find a buddy in Bossier that gets Cox Sports and watch it there. Alternatively, go to Buffalo Wild Wings in Bossier or perhaps the new Daq's sports bar on the corner of Old Minden and Benton Road. It doesn't have the TVs of BWW, but it is a Saints themed sports bar and probably more fun to hang out in.
Zardnok is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolejkp17 View Post
ok , been researching for 30 minutes , last year & since 2011 has been aired CST on channel 745

CST website has its channel on comcast listed as 6 (FOx) since there are affiliates , but apparently its not aired on there on Comcast
(AND A CALL TO 2 COMCAST CUST. SERVICE PEOPLE SHOWED THEY DON"T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THERE DOING and cannot even find CST as a channel)

then i wen't on Xfinity with my comp. , searched TV listings through my zip & checked every channel , not there , but then i searched saints in the tv listing AND IT SHOWS UP AS 653 but not on regular listings & not highlighted like other programs

so best bet is checking 745 or 653 @ 8:00 w/ FOx 6 being the least likely option

Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Veteran

McBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popularMcBushister is becoming pretty popular
I live in opelousas and neither cox nor Comcast is offered here. I have directv. Do any of you guys know how I can watch the preseason games?
McBushister is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #12
Tap-in

easydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
easydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famereasydave is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
The Comcast schedule for Shreveport shows the game on 653 at 7:00, preceded by a recap of the 2012 season at 6:00 and a pregame show at 6:30. This is not a HD channel. Last year in was shown in HD on 745 but was not publicized in advance. No one at the local office knows anything, which is the norm.
easydave is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Veteran Starter

Breeze It has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBushister View Post
I live in opelousas and neither cox nor Comcast is offered here. I have directv. Do any of you guys know how I can watch the preseason games?
Where do you get your local channels from? Lafayette? The only way would be if one of the local channels is carrying the game. When I had direct tv I would still see the preseason games because a local channel in New Orleans always carried the game.

If not there is always illegal streaming.
Breeze It is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
Pro-Bowler

parker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popularparker_0821 is becoming pretty popular
As a long suffering Shreveport Saints fan, the only sure option is to set the DVR for the NFLN replay on Saturday at noon. I tried the streaming option last year with limited success. Justin.tv worked pretty well but had its issues.
parker_0821 is offline Reply With Quote