New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Pro-Bowler

dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!dafyaman is a BEAST!
What happened to the way we used to run our offense?

Anyone else remember when we used to run a very fast paced offense switching players in an out giving defenses little time to adjust? Now, the offense seems to be slow and sloppy. I wonder if Payton is just easing back into things and the pace will pick up soon. I haven't seen a lot of the exotic formations and movements like in the past. We used to run the same play out of five different formations and now it seems like we have become somewhat predictable on offense.
dafyaman is online now Reply With Quote

7 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Subscribing Member

champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
champ76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Clubchamp76 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafyaman View Post
Anyone else remember when we used to run a very fast paced offense switching players in an out giving defenses little time to adjust? Now, the offense seems to be slow and sloppy. I wonder if Payton is just easing back into things and the pace will pick up soon. I haven't seen a lot of the exotic formations and movements like in the past. We used to run the same play out of five different formations and now it seems like we have become somewhat predictable on offense.
I found we were taking longer to get to the line of scrimmage than we had in the past. It used to be there were 12-14 seconds left on the clock when we were lined up and Brees had plenty of time to look over the defense and adjust. That hasn't been the case the last two weeks it seems.
champ76 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

BIG DAWG has disabled reputation
Because DC have scouted the Saints well. They know what to expect from our offense now. Screens and passes down the seem. Butthe biggest reason is Reggie Bush!! How can you game plan against this dude. I really feel like loosing Reggie was a turning point of this offense struggles. I take nothing from Sproles but DC is not game planning to stop Sproles like BUSH!! Just s saying....
BIG DAWG is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 36 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Medsamust Saint Fan

Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafyaman View Post
Really bright catch on your part. And the other possibility after helplessly watching our defense get strafed endlessly last year is the part of SP's new "Ball Control" offense is time of possession and these slowdowns in offensive plays could be intentional.
Swimmer is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Very Banned

purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
We do seem to be slowing down tempo this year. I tend to think it's just a readjustment by Sean until he finds his rhythm so to speak.
purgatorysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
More than 15K posts served!

meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
meily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famermeily is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
....we still do that...you see Ingram, PT, Sproles, Meachem, Moore, Stills , Colston, Graham and Watson in and out of the game...just like any other season...some names have changed but the philosophy is still the same.
meily is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Pro-Bowler

st. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popularst. jamie is becoming pretty popular
Only time can tell but I suspect we will pick up the pace
st. jamie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

saintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to behold
saintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to beholdsaintfan-n-alex is a splendid one to behold
I think some of the "ugliness" is due to starting with 2 divisional opponets, don't want to show everything and playing teams that know each other well

This week will tell more
saintfan-n-alex is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
All-Pro

sbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to behold
sbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to beholdsbadeaux is a splendid one to behold
What

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DAWG View Post
Because DC have scouted the Saints well. They know what to expect from our offense now. Screens and passes down the seem. Butthe biggest reason is Reggie Bush!! How can you game plan against this dude. I really feel like loosing Reggie was a turning point of this offense struggles. I take nothing from Sproles but DC is not game planning to stop Sproles like BUSH!! Just s saying....
We were the number 1 offense in NFL Sproles 1st year here. He was # 1 in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. He also broke the NFL record for yards fom scrimmage. So what are you talking about?
sbadeaux is offline Reply With Quote

20 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintSeb is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadeaux View Post
We were the number 1 offense in NFL Sproles 1st year here. He was # 1 in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. He also broke the NFL record for yards fom scrimmage. So what are you talking about?
Welp, busted that myth.
SaintSeb is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
NWLA Nut

Zanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to all
Zanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to allZanedavis1 is a name known to all
IMO After a year off, heck, maybe coach has a little rust he's gotta break off ya know?
Zanedavis1 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
Whuddup!!

Alaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Alaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of FamerAlaina is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DAWG View Post

Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
otis

st.randy is marching in
st.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching in
It always takes a month to really know who your team is....... always.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Professional

Paul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger Club
Paul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger ClubPaul 50K Burger Club
We need a prime time game.....
Paul is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.