home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
More than 15K posts served!

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
what would happen if Benson said "screw it"

And reinstated Sean Payton on his own?
Practices all week would be held in secret and Sunday SP is standing on the sidelines
what could happen

I'm 100% serious this is what he should do
5% serious that he would do something
but 100% curious as to what would happen

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Saints Fan

Condor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished road
It is more than likely called a forfeiture.
Condor 63 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #3

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor 63 View Post
It is more than likely called a forfeiture.
would GB just walk off the field?

i'd be more than willing to try this
- we should not willing sit in the back of the bus - accepting unjust punishment perpetuates the injustice
the only ethical option is to disobey the injustice and to make clear to other teams that if they willingly operate under this fraud then they are complicit in the corruption

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

FullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to behold
FullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to beholdFullMonte is a splendid one to behold
First off, as Condor said, the games would likely be forfeited.

Then, Benson would likely be seriously fined by the league. Sean Payton doesn't get reinstated. And, the NFL could eventually strip the franchise from Benson.
FullMonte is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

birdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to behold
birdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to beholdbirdog is a splendid one to behold
I was thinking along the same line....

What if the Saints on the urging of Tom Benson, would put Drew Brees, M Colston, and just about everybody on offense, on IR.

Then he would come out and say this.....there is no reason to play these great players, and risk injury when just about everybody, from the scab refs all the way to the NFL is out to destroy the Saints, by weakening them to a point when its no longer feasible to play them this season.

And then he would tell the red devil to go screw himself....
birdog is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Bring us 1 more

SuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to behold
SuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to behold
Re-instating Sean Payton would be dumb, we would forfeit the season, face even more fines and penalties, Sean Payton would be banned for LIFE from the NFL, and Benson could possibly even lose his franchise.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Saints Fan

Condor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished roadCondor 63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidomerkinsrules View Post
They wouldn't have to. Just ask any Penn State or Joe Pa fan.
Condor 63 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Turning a bad eye

English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!English is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post

What if the Saints on the urging of Tom Benson, would put Drew Brees, M Colston, and just about everybody on offense, on IR.
Then he would come out and say this.....there is no reason to play these great players, and risk injury when just about everybody, from the scab refs all the way to the NFL is out to destroy the Saints, by weakening them to a point when its no longer feasible to play them this season.

I'm down with this. And send a giant middle finger to the ones behind this bs.
English is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Pro-Bowler

saints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popularsaints51 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidomerkinsrules View Post

i'd be more than willing to try this
- we should not willing sit in the back of the bus - accepting unjust punishment perpetuates the injustice
the only ethical option is to disobey the injustice and to make clear to other teams that if they willingly operate under this fraud then they are complicit in the corruption
I like it but going against the NFL is like going against the establishment. Anybody against the system is labeled a terrorist. Just ask Ron Paul. Benson would get the same treatment and the media which is owned by the establishment would make the Saints organization look horrible along with the city and fans.

But yes I agree with it and would do it in a heartbeat. I would even buy the superdome if I had to and refuse them a superbowl in it 24 hours before kickoff as my final **** you to the NFL.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post

Even better
not sure the players would go for it but worth a shot

Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
I'm inside the computer.

stadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to all
stadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to allstadanko is a name known to all
So essentially we should be the crybaby that says "I'm taking my toys and going home!"? We have already been convicted unjustly in the court of public opinion and to right that wrong we are doing everything we can from a legal stand point. But just forfeiting games is crap a Falcons fan would come up with and would give more justification for people trying to vilify us. No thanks. We're losing right now. It's not fun but we need to suck it up and deal with it.
stadanko is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
Very Banned

purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
I am all for the forfeit. At least the league would get the point that the maggot has screwed us. Otherwise go ahead and put everyone on IR and put out scabs. Hell the nfl is doing this with the refs.
purgatorysaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadanko View Post
So essentially we should be the crybaby that says "I'm taking my toys and going home!"? We have already been convicted unjustly in the court of public opinion and to right that wrong we are doing everything we can from a legal stand point. But just forfeiting games is crap a Falcons fan would come up with and would give more justification for people trying to vilify us. No thanks. We're losing right now. It's not fun but we need to suck it up and deal with it.
I understand that you're upset, but if you imply that I'm like a falcons fan again we are no longer brothers

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints51 View Post
I like it but going against the NFL is like going against the establishment. Anybody against the system is labeled a terrorist. Just ask Ron Paul. Benson would get the same treatment and the media which is owned by the establishment would make the Saints organization look horrible along with the city and fans.

But yes I agree with it and would do it in a heartbeat. I would even buy the superdome if I had to and refuse them a superbowl in it 24 hours before kickoff as my final **** you to the NFL.
Gotcha
However I think that when RG shows up here in Feb then we need to plan for some very civil disobedience - maybe we can show him the same love we show the Kongs in Bacchus

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.