Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #43
Super Forum Fanatic

RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
Agree with trading back if we could have somehow obtained three picks in the fourth. The value in this draft seemed to go down after the fourth round.
RJ in Lafayette is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #44
Bring the Wood!

jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
I have to honestly say I would've picked someone other than Hicks.

And then 3 years later, after Hicks has been all-pro for 2 consecutive years for the Giants or the Cowboys, I'd think "why couldn't I have listened to my scouts and picked this guy when we had our shot at him? We never seem to be able to get that one dominant guy on defense."
jimrip is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #45

AceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
AceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAceTW is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ in Lafayette View Post
Who Would You Have Picked In The Third?

Akiem Hicks

Let's just say I trust our FO and coaches.
AceTW is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
Hall-of-Famer

Vacherie Saint has disabled reputation
Guys, Its a third round pick. Let me repeat, its a third round pick! Would you be upset if we had this exact same draft, but add a first rounder who was the highest rated running back in the class?

Think about that for a second. No matter what you do, you cant make a third rounder look and feel like a first. We played the hand we were dealt and we have a guy with enormous potential. If it doesn't work out, he will be come one of the MANY third rounders who don't. No tragedy there.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #47
otis

st.randy is marching in
st.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching in
shoulda drafted sean payton

Old 04-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #48
Gonzo Moderator

RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
RockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger ClubRockyMtnSaint 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.randy View Post
shoulda drafted sean payton
That guy? He throws like a girl.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
All-Pro

Xanathol is a jewel in the rough
Xanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the roughXanathol is a jewel in the rough
Ladarius Green, Bobby Massie, Jarius Wright, Brandon Boykin, Ron Brooks, Greg Childs, or Josh Chapman. I'm 99% sure we could have gotten 1, even 2 of these guys and got Hicks after that. I like him, but he was on no one's radar and we could have taken advantage of that.
Xanathol is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #50
Pro-Bowler

AZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popularAZ WhoDAT is becoming pretty popular
I second Jarius Wright
AZ WhoDAT is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #51
otis

st.randy is marching in
st.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching inst.randy is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnSaint View Post
That guy? He throws like a girl.
but his knowledgeof the game is off the charts.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #52
Anti-Skittle Brigade

REBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the rough
REBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the roughREBEL_SOUL is a jewel in the rough
Hicks.