New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards

New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards (http://saintsreport.com/forums/)
-   Saints Super Forum (Main Board) (http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Why CBS wants the Jets (and Saints) to lose (http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/why-cbs-wants-jets-saints-lose-146935/)

Sniper Wolf 01-23-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GW93 (Post 2702539)
And there are the long-standing rumors that Stern ordered refs to favor the Lakers one year when it was L.A. vs. the Kings in the Western Conference finals.

He didn't have to. The refs had already bet on the Lakers.

DMaestro 01-23-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintina (Post 2702503)
Haven't there been a few regular season Saints games - Dome re-opening 2006 and the Patriots this year, for example - that had pretty high ratings?

I think people would watch the Saints in the Superbowl...

Saints-Pats was the second-most watched cable telecast of all time. Interestingly enough, Packers-Vikings is #1.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/02...-viewers/35033

Brees and Co. rarely fail to put on a great show during primetime. A Super Bowl co-featuring the Saints would be highly anticipated.

BCK30 01-23-2010 09:37 PM

certainly nothing against Peyton Manning but I'm hoping the Saints and Jets win just to tick CBS off because they're wrong for saying that

OneBigEasy!! 01-23-2010 09:42 PM

What' this jagoff is not realizing is that the Saints are the World's team and the Superbowl is Worldwide not Nationwide.

Plenty of love throughout the world for the City that Care Forgot, one of the most culturally relevant and historic cities of all time.

SaintSproles 01-23-2010 09:45 PM

CBS Sports hates the "arrogance" of Sean Payton.

I am sure Rex Ryan is probably not to far down that list as well.

jimrip 01-23-2010 09:46 PM

This is the Superbowl.. the most gambled-on game of the year.

A Lions/Browns rematch would still draw 90 million.

Ice Bowl 01-23-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneBigEasy!! (Post 2702590)
What' this jagoff is not realizing is that the Saints are the World's team and the Superbowl is Worldwide not Nationwide.

Plenty of love throughout the world for the City that Care Forgot, one of the most culturally relevant and historic cities of all time.

Good point. How many people in Dusseldorf care a fig for Minneapolis? New Orleans is one of the few truly classic cities in the United States.

SeminoleMarine 01-23-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper Wolf (Post 2702510)
LOL, obey your corporate masters citizen.

I, for one, do not welcome our CBS overlords.

sykobob671 01-23-2010 09:55 PM

:badword: CBS. They can :badword: my :badword:.

HolySmokes 01-23-2010 10:02 PM

CBS sucks.

Mojomajik9 01-23-2010 10:06 PM

I don't know. It seems, at least to the people I talk to everyday,that everyone who is a football fan (but not a Minnesota fan) is sick to death of the Favre talk and really suffering from Favre over saturation from the media. Could be a backlash. I don't dislike Favre either, but man, I am sick of the media over covering his every move.

OneBigEasy!! 01-23-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolySmokes (Post 2702677)
CBS sucks.

That's the type of $%^& that will make me boycott any and all CBS programs except when the Saints March in the Superbowl!!!

DOFF6356 01-23-2010 10:10 PM

Well I can see why CBS wants the Jets to lose because the colts let the jets win but who know may backfire but with the wanting the saints losing thats just makes me angry I hate CBS

Sniper Wolf 01-23-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojomajik9 (Post 2702692)
I don't know. It seems, at least to the people I talk to everyday,that everyone who is a football fan (but not a Minnesota fan) is sick to death of the Favre talk and really suffering from Favre over saturation from the media. Could be a backlash. I don't dislike Favre either, but man, I am sick of the media over covering his every move.

What gets me is the few times folks in the media address the disgust people have from this "all Favre, all the time," by basically saying that us simpletons in the public really don't know what we like and that we should all bow to Favre.

/I don't endorse murder per say, but there are quite a few people working in the sports media bidness that if they didn't wake up tomorrow, I might cheer.