Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Saints fan till I die

jarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
jarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Why the saint's should not trade for butler

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com...malcolm-butler

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Deja Vu? I feel like I've seen this thread title before.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally smishsmarted.
bbourque5 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
Saints fan till I die

jarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
jarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerjarrod74 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Some good points in this article

Old 03-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Saints fan till I die

Maybe? If there was I apologize and mods delete

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
More than 15K posts served!

meily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saint
meily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saintmeily is a true Saint
Butler is not the missing key piece to a top defense, out continued improvement along the defensive line is what is key and healhy corners will benefit, we get back an healhy Breaux, PJ, Swann, Crawley, Moore and draft some CB talent in this draft and we will be fine...I dont think we need to sign another player for what he did on another team.
meily is offline Reply With Quote

16 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

Saint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to behold
Saint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to beholdSaint Spud is a splendid one to behold
Disagree
Saint Spud is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod74 View Post
Some good points in this article
Why don't you quote some of the points that you thought were interesting so that people can discuss them. Posting a blind link does not generate discussion like strong quotes would. It would also help, if possible, to post some quoted points that present different angles/ideas that have not already been discussed.

A significant portion of our fan base does not deserve Brees or Payton. They spend too much time complaining instead of enjoying the best era of Saints football.
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
All-Pro

phil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura aboutphil413th has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by meily View Post
Butler is not the missing key piece to a top defense, out continued improvement along the defensive line is what is key and healhy corners will benefit, we get back an healhy Breaux, PJ, Swann, Crawley, Moore and draft some CB talent in this draft and we will be fine...I dont think we need to sign another player for what he did on another team.
Thank you!

phil413th is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club MemberRugger Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by meily View Post
I agree with you about the defensive line needing to be upgraded with another bookend DE. However I disagree with you about our need for CB. Our unfortunate injury history at the CB position points to a need to pay significant attention to the position. Breaux has been hurt way too often, Swann is a head injury away from retirement, and Williams has shown any indication of being able to shake the injury bug.

Our best CB in recent years is easily the Lewis and Greer tandem. I am not comfortable with any of our current players or expecting a rookie to step into the position.

A significant portion of our fan base does not deserve Brees or Payton. They spend too much time complaining instead of enjoying the best era of Saints football.
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #10
I'm with you fellers.

SoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club Member
SoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSoggyBottomBoy Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Spud View Post
Disagree
Disagree with your disagreement.

He's a good ballplayer, but the compensations being thrown around are just too inflated. The picks, the contract numbers if they are close to being true, we'd be overpaying.

I wasn't happy with what we got for Cooks, but I'm now hoping we call it a day keep the picks and move on. I agree with the article in the OP.

The league picks a preferred result and works backward to justify it. - Drew Brees
SoggyBottomBoy is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #11
Saints fan till I die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
Why don't you quote some of the points that you thought were interesting so that people can discuss them. Posting a blind link does not generate discussion like strong quotes would. It would also help, if possible, to post some quoted points that present different angles/ideas that have not already been discussed.

After tying up this kind of money in Butler, we might not have a HOF quarterback under center next season.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
60's Saints fan

Bartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true Saint
Bartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true SaintBartyboy is a true Saint
I go either way. Just no to pick.11. 32 maybe but that 32 pick is good for trading. He would be great now but what about is 3 or 4 years?
Just want all this over.
Bartyboy is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
Pro-Bowler

IgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
IgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of FamerIgorBrees is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
A lot of superficial reasons given in the article. The saints HAVE cap space to afford Butler's contract without compromising the future. Also, Marshon Lattimore will not be there when we pick, Sidney Jones will not play next season, White, Tabor, Humphrey are not that good. Gareon Conley is good, but if we want him we have to draft him at #11.
So, maybe Butler is not worth to trade for, but the reasons in this article are all weak.
IgorBrees is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
Saints fan till I die

Letís exam the cost of such a move first. The market valuation. Source Spotrac.

Market Value

5 yrs, $64,687,961

Avg. Salary: $12,937,592

NFL Rank: #54

CB : #8 Rank
The Saints donít have the cap space for any contract approaching these numbers. I know Mickey Loomis is a cap magician, but we would have to mortgage a substantial part of our cap future for this one position