Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Pro-Bowler

44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about44-4ever has a spectacular aura about
Will Bucs coach Schiano have his defense blitz our victory formation?

Remember when the Schiano jerk that is the Bucs head coach had his defense blitz the NY Giant's victory formation early last season in a surprise attempt to cause a turnover? They also did the same thing to the Cowboys later in the season, but they had 3 DTs jump the snap and level the center and it was called for offside? IMO, both cases showed the worst case of poor sportsmanship in recent NFL history, and a reckless disregard for an unsuspecting player's safety on a normally routine play.
Will he have them do the same with our victory formation tomorrow as a little payback for our 41-0 shutout of them last year? If they do, and it injures Brees or someone else on our offense, should the league fine them heavily, from the coach down the the involved players, in the name of player safety?
BTW, IMO, we should outscheme them and go to a shotgun snap to move Brees away from the line, thus ruining their plans. If every team eventually does that, it would eliminate that dirty play entirely.
Discuss!
44-4ever is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
Subscribing Member

leano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura aboutleano has a spectacular aura about
I hope he's chilled out on that. Where does that come from? You don't see it in college ball. I don't think the players will do it because I think they have respect.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
Dream Theater fanatic!

Scorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Scorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of FamerScorpius is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with blitzing on a victory formation? I mean, there is a reason why they put a guy 10-15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. If you blitz and cause a fumble or they just fumble anyway you have a greater chance at getting the ball because your guys are blitzing. It makes sense to me. JMO.
Scorpius is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
All-Pro

deltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura aboutdeltadawg has a spectacular aura about
Play till the whistle blows... Crazier things have happened before. You never what could happen once the ball is snapped.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #5
Those aren't my legs

Deacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club Member
Deacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club MemberDeacon Blues Prestigious Gold Club Member
Deacon Blues is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Schiano is scum.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
I'm pretty sure he only does it if they are down 3-7 points. I heard it has worked for him before in college.
whodatdb is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Epiphanic

Madmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger Club
Madmarsha 50K Burger Club
It's bush league.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
More than 15K posts served!

Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Does it count as a sack?

Trigeminal Neuralgia rocks your face!
Taurus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

lades is a true Saintlades is a true Saint
lades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saintlades is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with blitzing on a victory formation? I mean, there is a reason why they put a guy 10-15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. If you blitz and cause a fumble or they just fumble anyway you have a greater chance at getting the ball because your guys are blitzing. It makes sense to me. JMO.
If they are going to blitz a victory formation, then I would chop block the hell out of the defense. That would quickly put a stop to a college coach who thinks he is smarter than all the pros.
lades is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #11
Veteran Starter

WhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura about
Sorry, but I like that Schiano does whatever it takes to get the win. Years of watching Mora give up and run the ball in the 4th quarter when we're down 14 points has taught me to appreciate a coach that doesn't lay down.
WhoDatElite is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #12
Veteran

Wh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enoughWh0_d4t_504 will become famous soon enough
That b-hole better not. What a sore loser.
Wh0_d4t_504 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #13
Subscribing Member

mt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Club
mt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Clubmt15 40K Burger Club
It's a stupid idea. I'm sure the Bucs players hate it and resent him for making them do it. He really isn't going to coach in the NFL very long, IMO.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
Pro-Bowler

Ezra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura aboutEzra:King_of_N.O. has a spectacular aura about
I mean looking at that video above, if Eli fumbles falling backwards and the Bucs score, it makes it on the all-time top 10 plays.

I don't think I have a problem with the play. I'm sure the Giants new it was coming from they way the Bucs were lining up and
probably trash talking on that line.

If we were playing Atlanta and they were deep inside the their territory trying to kneel it in our faces...wouldn't it be awesome
if we bullrushed their o'line sacked fumbled for a touchdown. Could you imagine, it would be the first time Saints fans charged the
field like a college game.
Ezra:King_of_N.O. is offline Reply With Quote