Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #1
Veteran

Reggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enough
Would love Saints to pick up Sam Shields

I'm hopeful of Butler being traded. Regardless I would be very interested in Sam Shields for the right price. His concussion history may see him retire but healthy he is a very good cover corner. Terrific ball skills. Can play lazy due to his ridiculous recovery speed. Average tackler but motivated a Valuable man coverage corner.
If he is serious about playing may take a incentives based one year contract. Could give flexibility to draft Sidney Jones and redshirt him. Just a thought
Reggie09MVP is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
One-of-a-Kind

jmalon3 has disabled reputation
Don't need any more concussed corners
jmalon3 is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

TurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTurboWhoDat is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Picturing our entire cast of DBs in the locker room wearing foam helmets eating applesauce through straws. Like the player but don't think I can stomach another early season stretcher level concussion.

TurboWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
Veteran

Reggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enoughReggie09MVP will become famous soon enough
Concussions and concussion related injuries are commonplace. Every player is susceptible to them. It's a violent game with repeated collusions. Shields will be a year removed from his last concussion in September. Butler, Shields, Williams, Breaux and Moore. Would be great depth

Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!

WhoDat_SB44 is a glorious beacon of lightWhoDat_SB44 is a glorious beacon of light
WhoDat_SB44 is a glorious beacon of lightWhoDat_SB44 is a glorious beacon of light
I may be of the minority, but I think we have plenty of corner depth unless we don't bring in Butler. We will have a total of 11 corners to go into camp with if we make the Butler deal. We will likely keep 6-7 of them. With our history though a couple of those guys won't make it out of preseason healthy. I liked what I saw from Moore, Webb, Crawley, & Harris last year. Crawley & Harris can only get better one would think after having one season under their belts. Moore, Wilson, & Webb give you some veteran experience. I guess it depends on if PJ Williams can stay freaking healthy. That's the back to back seasons he couldn't show us much of anything. I think he can be a starting caliber corner, but you got to be able to stay on the field to show that. Swann is another that I believe can be a good 3rd or 4th corner for the team, but he has the same problem PJ has. I have no idea what Pruitt & Calhoun can bring, but the staff must of saw something they liked in those 2.

WHO DAT! Superbowl 44 Champions
WhoDat_SB44 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Danger Zone

money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat_SB44 View Post
I may be of the minority, but I think we have plenty of corner depth unless we don't bring in Butler. We will have a total of 11 corners to go into camp with if we make the Butler deal. We will likely keep 6-7 of them. With our history though a couple of those guys won't make it out of preseason healthy. I liked what I saw from Moore, Webb, Crawley, & Harris last year. Crawley & Harris can only get better one would think after having one season under their belts. Moore, Wilson, & Webb give you some veteran experience. I guess it depends on if PJ Williams can stay freaking healthy. That's the back to back seasons he couldn't show us much of anything. I think he can be a starting caliber corner, but you got to be able to stay on the field to show that. Swann is another that I believe can be a good 3rd or 4th corner for the team, but he has the same problem PJ has. I have no idea what Pruitt & Calhoun can bring, but the staff must of saw something they liked in those 2.
Sterling Moore is a Free Agent I believe.
money941 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

ktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura aboutktgoti has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by money941 View Post
Sterling Moore is a Free Agent I believe.
Indeed his is.
ktgoti is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
All-Pro

TribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to behold
TribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to behold
The OP might be happy to ignore his injury history, but no team in the NFL will. Period.

Why the 2009 Saints needed balance - http://saintsreport.com/forums/6718498-post95.html
TribuneUK is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
All-Pro

newiberiasaint is a jewel in the rough
newiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the roughnewiberiasaint is a jewel in the rough
I get a headache just thinking of Shields as a Saint.
newiberiasaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
Veteran

MissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura aboutMissippiWhoDat has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribuneUK View Post
The OP might be happy to ignore his injury history, but no team in the NFL will. Period.

Are you saying that as in they won't sign him because they don't want to see him get hurt? Because I'm pretty sure NFL teams are mature enough to let a grown man decide if he wants to play football...
MissippiWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
All-Pro

TribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to behold
TribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to beholdTribuneUK is a splendid one to behold
No, I thought it was obvious, teams need roster spots filled by players who will play. They tend to avoid large injury risks. Like Shields is.

Why the 2009 Saints needed balance - http://saintsreport.com/forums/6718498-post95.html
TribuneUK is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #12
NOT A FANBOY

Pdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true Saint
Pdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true SaintPdlc is a true Saint
He was talented when healthy but GB released him for a reason. Concussions and arrested for weed in January.
Pdlc is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
Danger Zone

money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!money941 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgoti View Post
Indeed his is.
He's not anymore
money941 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdlc View Post
He was talented when healthy but GB released him for a reason. Concussions and arrested for weed in January.
He is extremely talented when healthy. Packers saved 12 million on cutting him. Shields knew it was coming. Beat writers were saying as much in December before the weed bust.

For the right price he would be a valuable asset.