Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
All-Pro

educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!educator_71 is a BEAST!
Ziggy makes a draft run- Mike D's column

Ziggy makes a draft run | HoumaToday.com

Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
The Phenom

FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
I understand how people get "awed" by freakish athletes, but I just don't get the Ziggy love affair. If he had played better competition, then maybe I would take a seat on the bandwagon, but he didn't.
FLASH is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

rsonza is a jewel in the rough
rsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the rough
Give Ansah SOME credit. He did have 1.5 sacks and 6 solo tackles during the Senior Bowl and hence was the leading defensive guy in sacks and tackles for the game.

Whomever the Saints draft during the 1st round, I just hope it's a darn pass rusher. Or else we'll hear the same story again next year: that the Saints can't manufacture a pass rush!
rsonza is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
the affair i have with Ziggy is that he is SO Raw and so gifted already. He has the tools you can't teach. If he's a quick learner, he can be a difference maker eventually in his rookie season. High Risk / Reward but i like it

Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

rsonza is a jewel in the rough
rsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the roughrsonza is a jewel in the rough
From nfl.com:
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001445...ona-cardinals/

Quote:
BYU pass rusher Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah was the star of Saturday's weigh-ins. He checked in at 6-foot-5 1/4 and 271 pounds. His length (35 1/8-inch arms) and hand size (10 3/8 inches) were both exceptional. During evaluations in the fall, most scouts listed defensive end as Ansah's best position fit at the next level, but that thought process changed following the Senior Bowl. Several teams that employ the 3-4 defense now feel that he's ideally suited to play outside linebacker.
rsonza is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Soulful Sports Fan

Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH View Post
I understand how people get "awed" by freakish athletes, but I just don't get the Ziggy love affair. If he had played better competition, then maybe I would take a seat on the bandwagon, but he didn't.
Eh. Talent is talent. You don't balk at that.

I know it's a totally different sport and the situations aren't similar overall, but people said similar things about Damian Lillard coming out against lesser competition.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
The Phenom

FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
Eh. Talent is talent. You don't balk at that.

I know it's a totally different sport and the situations aren't similar overall, but people said similar things about Damian Lillard coming out against lesser competition.
Understood. However, we had the worst defense in history. We need someone that can step in and produce instantly. Also, with limited amount of draft picks, we can't afford to "miss" with our 15th pick, being a team with Super Bowl asperations. Just my opinion.
FLASH is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Veteran Starter

WhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDatElite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH View Post
Understood. However, we had the worst defense in history. We need someone that can step in and produce instantly. Also, with limited amount of draft picks, we can't afford to "miss" with our 15th pick, being a team with Super Bowl asperations. Just my opinion.
Totally agree. If we didn't have the worst defense in the league, I'd be all for taking a chance in him. But after last year, this pick needs to be used on the player most likely to step in on day one and start.

I've watched a lot of Ansah's Games and its obvious he is full time 4-3 Pass rusher. I don't see how anyone can think he will be able to make a smooth transition to 3-4 OLB. Ppl keep using the Senior bowl as a reference, but I've read a couple of articles about how scouts found that game to be deceiving. His INT was a gimme. It was thrown right into his chest and Ansah wasn't even looking. The QB play was horrible all around and the offenses gave up a lot of pressure.
WhoDatElite is offline Reply With Quote