New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Could Lebron play the 1-4?

Ok, basically I got into a debate with a Falcon fan about whether or not Lebron could play PG, SG, SF, or PF if he needed to...and excel at it.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3894512-lebron

^^There is the thread, wanted to get you guys opinion on it.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
He can't play SF. And he can play PG...but, no in a traditional sense cause he can't really dribble and cut like guys like chris paul and steve nash. His passing is good for his position but, not as good as people make it out to be.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!arborterrace is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltaxi View Post
He can't play SF. And he can play PG...but, no in a traditional sense cause he can't really dribble and cut like guys like chris paul and steve nash. His passing is good for his position but, not as good as people make it out to be.
umm... he IS a SF
arborterrace is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
All-Pro

Loco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura about
He came into the league playing point guard, but you don't really want a guy who is the best finisher in the game also having to be your point guard. His passing and dribbling skills aren't on the level of the super point guards (he can get pretty turnover prone), but are good enough.

He's obviously a great small forward and I don't see why he couldn't play shooting guard. His shot has gotten better and it isn't like him swapping wing positions is all of a sudden going to hurt him getting to the rim. With his size and speed, I don't see it hurting him defensively either.

I guess he could play power forward in spots, but I don't think you want to put him through that physical pounding on defense/rebounding on any regular basis. It would also take away a potential back-to-the-basket post presence from you on offense because that isn't his main game.

He is probably at his best position right now, but he is so big and freakishly talented, you could probably put him at those places if you had to.
Loco Hornet Fan is online now Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #5

Danchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Danchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
^ LeBron could absolutely play PF. You wouldn't want to do it for long stretches but you could have him operate on the high post. His mid-range game is good enough, and if you left a true PF on him, he'd burn him to the cup over and over and over again. Defensively he has the size to matter, but probably wouldn't be as used to the more frequent banging (think about a TE suddenly lining up at OT) that would go on in the paint.
Danchrism is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #6
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by arborterrace View Post
umm... he IS a SF

I meant SG.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
happy in the haze
Hexxagon Champion

slowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saint
slowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchrism View Post
^ LeBron could absolutely play PF. You wouldn't want to do it for long stretches but you could have him operate on the high post. His mid-range game is good enough, and if you left a true PF on him, he'd burn him to the cup over and over and over again. Defensively he has the size to matter, but probably wouldn't be as used to the more frequent banging (think about a TE suddenly lining up at OT) that would go on in the paint.

I didn't read the falcons board thread because who wants to go to that place

I think LeBron can play all 5 positions for small stretches. Which makes the fact that he has no inside game/post up moves infuriating. If he developed one low post move the guy could probably become the 3rd guy to score over 3,000 points in a season.
slowchild25 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
You also need to think about the strength and length the guy has. I believe it's pretty hard to get a shot up over him.

I also want to say, Peja has played a good bit of SG for the Hornets. If Peja can do it, Bron would have no problem doing it.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #9

Danchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Danchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of FamerDanchrism is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowchild25 View Post
I didn't read the falcons board thread because who wants to go to that place
I can't recall ever reading a Falcons' board
Danchrism is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
happy in the haze
Hexxagon Champion

slowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saint
slowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saintslowchild25 is a true Saint
Quote:
I can't recall ever reading a Falcons' board
I was referring to the op with that particular comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchrism

Last edited by slowchild25; 06-29-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
Ok, basically I got into a debate with a Falcon fan about whether or not Lebron could play PG, SG, SF, or PF if he needed to...and excel at it.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3894512-lebron

^^There is the thread, wanted to get you guys opinion on it.
Yes u are correct, could he play point guard? sure, he is very unselfish and a great passer with great vision, magic johnson was like 6"6 so why couldnt a 6"7 lebron play it, could he play SG? sure he is definitely fast enough, can shoot well enough and get to and finish at the rim, SF? duh, PF? Do I think so? yes, but he is a little undersized but would make up for it with speed and IQ, only position he would have trouble would be PF but after some practice i could see him dominating PFs, and actualy he has played some PF in games before...
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
happy in the haze
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruSaint View Post
Yes u are correct, could he play point guard? sure, he is very unselfish and a great passer with great vision, magic johnson was like 6"6 so why couldnt a 6"7 lebron play it, could he play SG? sure he is definitely fast enough, can shoot well enough and get to and finish at the rim, SF? duh, PF? Do I think so? yes, but he is a little undersized but would make up for it with speed and IQ, only position he would have trouble would be PF but after some practice i could see him dominating PFs, and actualy he has played some PF in games before...
Magic is 6'9.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowchild25 View Post
Magic is 6'9.
well that helps my case even more
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote