New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > Other New Orleans Pro Teams > New Orleans Pelicans Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #43

Harvey Hornet is on a distinguished roadHarvey Hornet is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

Cool

hi
Harvey Hornet is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #44

WestCoast Saint is on a distinguished roadWestCoast Saint is on a distinguished road
I kinda like Hornets Report!
WestCoast Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #45
not so ******

truck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to behold
truck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to beholdtruck man is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChris504 View Post
Personally I really can't see why yall hate that site; I love it. Its the only place to talk Hornets B-Ball. On every site yall go on, people will think they are always right. Especially when the team isn't doing well.

To Truckman:

I've usually agree with what you post, although the D-Wade Marcus Thornton thread....

shouldn't have been a thread in the first place. There is absolutely no argument you can

make, I feel as though I'm repeating myself over and over but Wade is an Allstar,

Olympian, Finals MVP, scoring champ and has a championship ring. There was no

argument you could have made against Gerry V, nor anybody. Just saying that Thornton

is a better scorer, or shooter is plain WRONG! Thornton could regress instead of progress

by the time he reaches his 4th or 5th year.
we were comparing their Rookie stats. i agree that Wade is by far the better player, but comparing the similarities in their game is not completely off base. sorry man, but Thornton has proved already to be a better shooter than D Wade, and yes he can digress, but knowing Marcus, he won't allow it to happen. do you realize he and Collison show up and hour before everyone else to take 150 Shots? no you probably didn't. Marcus puts in the neccessary work to get better and i don't see that changing for him. so yes his ceiling might not be as high as D Wade (because he doesn't poses the elite athleticism Wade has) but he'll still be a potent offensive player in his own right.
truck man is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #46
Pro-Bowler

KingChris504 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdhslsu View Post
lately, Harvey guy has come off as a tool to me. havent noticed it as much as i do now. jmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yundiesel View Post
harvey hornet blew it for me. i stopped posting completely. i still visit though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet View Post
hi
I just noticed that :hahahaha :

Hide the kids!
KingChris504 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #47
Soulful Sports Fan

Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Notice how NO ONE is talkin' about him to his face. Guess they didn't realize he's long since had an account here.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #48
All-Pro

Loco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura aboutLoco Hornet Fan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
Notice how NO ONE is talkin' about him to his face. Guess they didn't realize he's long since had an account here.
How would they talk to him "to his face"? Isn't the whole point that they don't like the site or have been banned from the site? I doubt it has anything to do with intimidation or whatever.

I've been over there before and seen people airing their grievances.
Loco Hornet Fan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #49
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Hornet Fan View Post
How would they talk to him "to his face"? Isn't the whole point that they don't like the site or have been banned from the site? I doubt it has anything to do with intimidation or whatever.

I've been over there before and seen people airing their grievances.
I really can't see people getting banned just for stating their opinion Loco, but I think what Eman was saying is that maybe this conversation (when it was first started cause its pretty old now) should have been on HornetsReport.com instead another site.

Hide the kids!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #50
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
What would any of them do? This isn't hr.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #51
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
Yeah Thornton is clearly already a better shooter than Wade but, Gerry V and his cronies started getting all ****** when this was brought up. Then he brought up his season stats as a rookie to say he was better than Thornton but, failed to mention at the beggining of the season Thornton was getting scrap minutes under Byron and had to play behind Devin Brown since they where trying to up his stock to trade him(along with Chris Paul and Darren Collison being there) which drastically hurt his season stats playing in such limited minutes.

If you compare Thornton after All Star Break when he started getting minutes(even though not as much as Wade and didn't have team built around him with the ball constantly in his hands) you can certainly make an argument for him being better as a rookie.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #52
Pro-Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltaxi View Post
Yeah Thornton is clearly already a better shooter than Wade but, Gerry V and his cronies started getting all ****** when this was brought up. Then he brought up his season stats as a rookie to say he was better than Thornton but, failed to mention at the beggining of the season Thornton was getting scrap minutes under Byron and had to play behind Devin Brown since they where trying to up his stock to trade him(along with Chris Paul and Darren Collison being there) which drastically hurt his season stats playing in such limited minutes.

If you compare Thornton after All Star Break when he started getting minutes(even though not as much as Wade and didn't have team built around him with the ball constantly in his hands) you can certainly make an argument for him being better as a rookie.

Hide the kids!

Last edited by KingChris504; 04-19-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #53
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
The difference between Wade and Thornton is their cielings. Plus I'd say Thornton will never be able to take over a game like DWade can. Plus, Thornton has a longs way to go to become an effective defender.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #54
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
The difference between Wade and Thornton is their cielings. Plus I'd say Thornton will never be able to take over a game like DWade can. Plus, Thornton has a longs way to go to become an effective defender.
Yeah the difference is Wade's athleticism, ball handling, and ability to draw fouls(seriously 17 a game in the finals)...but, Thornton has his plus's too. Not saying he will be better but, you can make a case as rookies that Thornton was superior.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #55
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
When you pay the bills to keep this placy going, you can do it your way. While I'm helping pay the bills, I'll do it my way. While thats the case, those of you who don't like my shots at Avery will just have to be OK with that.

/choose your battles wisely

No wonder so many people are against that site, dude who "pays the bills" is pathetic.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #56
Freshman

saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!saintology is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post

No wonder so many people are against that site, dude who "pays the bills" is pathetic.

Just was checking my Hornets news for the day and saw that.

I won't be going back to even check news anymore. As bad as it was, it has gotten worse with all of the uncertainty in the air with Hornets themselves. Just another reason to thank God there is a saintsreport to fall back on.
saintology is offline Reply With Quote