home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > Other New Orleans Pro Teams > New Orleans Pelicans Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Playmaker

adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Hollinger on Demps (Speculation)

@johnhollinger Gotta wonder if new Hornets GM Dell Demps' first order of business will be trying to trade for Rudy Fernandez. Team needs a 2 and shooters

What would we have to give up for Fernandez? On the ESPN rumors page, they said that the Blazers said they were going to just give him away and would get a fair deal out of it. What do we have that would be a fair deal for their back up SG? Collision?

This may happen, but I don't think we are going to see any huge trades (Okafor, Peja) until the trade deadline if at all. I think with a new head coach and GM, they are going to take the first half of the year to evaluate what we have and then see where to take it.
adsmm23 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
All-Pro

Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!
Collison and Posey for Rudy and Oden

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Moorish Aboriginal

SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
Giving up Collison for Rudy isn't much of anything, unless another player from Portland was included like Oden or a future 1st rounder. They're both currently backups, but Collison has greater value as a potential All-Star PG while Rudy would come here to continue to be a backup for Marcus Thornton. Depending on what role Monty would have in store for Rudy, I don't think that's a fair trade to give up Collison for him. We can just sign Shannon Brown and wouldn't have to give up anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Crescent View Post
That actually worked on the trade machine, but I wonder where that would leave Okafor and how the minutes would be split up between Okafor & Oden if both was on the same team. I'd think Okafor have to be included in the deal also if Oden gets traded here.
SonOfNOLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Playmaker

adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
adsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Fameradsmm23 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
This is definitely intesresting, but I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate just for ****s and giggles.
-I don't know if Portland would be willing to give up on Oden yet, he still has tons of potential if he can stay healthy.
-Even though Camby can and has played the 5, according to their depth chart he's listed as their back up PF, so trading Oden would leave them thing depth wise, and that's a situation they were in last year.
-I would say that trading Oden could be seen as admitting that drafting him was a mistake, but they have a new GM, so it wouldn't be his "mistake" if it were to happen.
-Collison for Rudy is a pretty even swap and pretty much cancel each other out:
Salary wise (DC: 1.36 Mil, RF:1.24 Mil)
Both are currently back ups
,But unless Portland was interested in a salary dump (which I don't see why they would be, a lot of their players in young/in their prime; plus Oden comes off the books next year anyway), Oden for Posey wouldn't be an even swap.
-Portland has Batum and just drafted Babbitt, and have Dante Cunnningham whom they drafted last year, so SF is already kind of full there. They would be overloading one position (SF), and depleting another (C).
-I would think we would get better value for Collision by trading him to a team that would see him as their starter. If a team like Portland, who has a legit starter in Andre Miller, who trade for him to be their back up, we would probably get less as opposed to trading him to him a team that would use him as a starter.
(to play Devil's Advocate to myself, I suprinsingly realized Miller is 34, so bringing in Collision could make sense to them to go along with the rest of their young players. While, he may not start this year, he could still got a lot of minutes and start next year.)

I'm certaintly not disagreeing with you, I'm just looking at it from all angles. In fact, some sort of deal that includes Collision for Fernandez could work out. I would just hate to trade a big piece like Collision (potentially anyway) right now, when our team could be completely different in a year or so once you considering
-New Head coach
-New GM
-Ownership transfer (hopefully anyway)
-Potential lock out next year
-CP's future uncertain

Sorry for the long post btw

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
All-Pro

Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!Infinite_Crescent is a BEAST!
i hear you in that their 3 spot seems full....but posey is only in the deal for salary cap reasons i dont even figure him to even play for that team if that trade were to happen i think they would be ecstatic to be getting a future all star PG and will take on Posey's contract n the process...And i am intrigued by Oden I love his size and have not given up on him (maybe portland has maybe they havent i dont know) and his potential yet and with us being in the WC i think we need a 7' Center to realistically win any championship. Maybe we can switch out Songaila for Posey (not sure if that matches salary wise if not Songaila, JuJu, & Collison then)

Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Playmaker

Quote:
i hear you in that their 3 spot seems full....but posey is only in the deal for salary cap reasons i dont even figure him to even play for that team if that trade were to happen i think they would be ecstatic to be getting a future all star PG and will take on Posey's contract n the process...And i am intrigued by Oden I love his size and have not given up on him (maybe portland has maybe they havent i dont know) and his potential yet and with us being in the WC i think we need a 7' Center to realistically win any championship. Maybe we can switch out Songaila for Posey (not sure if that matches salary wise if not Songaila, JuJu, & Collison then)
Yeah I hear you man, I would welcome that trade as well. Another thing I just saw is it looks like they signed RFA Wesley Matthews at the 3 too. The main reason (if Collision and Rudy would cancel out each other) I don't think Portland would do Oden for Posey is that they have similar contracts (Oden: 6.7 Mil, Posey: 6.47 Mil), and they both come off the books next year so it wouldn't really be much of a salary cap implications. And even if they aren't hoping for Oden to do too much next year, I think they would rather have a player that might do something, at the same price, at a postion that's more of a need, than having Posey at the same salary with alraedy being deep though.
But a good point you made is, that they might want DC so bad, that they are willing to trade away to potential in Oden for useless Posey. Like I said earlier, DC for Rudy would be a fair trade in the sense that it's our back up for their back up, and their salaries match, but I could see the Hornets saying something like "Well, we see more potential in DC being a starter and All-Star, that we want more in return," and that could be how Oden and Posey are thrown in.

BTW: I just tried Songilla/Collision for Rudy/Oden and we are recieving too much salary in return. I'm sure with some kind of creative thinking, that could be done somehow.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsmm23 View Post
This is definitely intesresting, but I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate just for ****s and giggles.
-I don't know if Portland would be willing to give up on Oden yet, he still has tons of potential if he can stay healthy.
-Even though Camby can and has played the 5, according to their depth chart he's listed as their back up PF, so trading Oden would leave them thing depth wise, and that's a situation they were in last year.
-I would say that trading Oden could be seen as admitting that drafting him was a mistake, but they have a new GM, so it wouldn't be his "mistake" if it were to happen.
-Collison for Rudy is a pretty even swap and pretty much cancel each other out:
Salary wise (DC: 1.36 Mil, RF:1.24 Mil)
Both are currently back ups
,But unless Portland was interested in a salary dump (which I don't see why they would be, a lot of their players in young/in their prime; plus Oden comes off the books next year anyway), Oden for Posey wouldn't be an even swap.
-Portland has Batum and just drafted Babbitt, and have Dante Cunnningham whom they drafted last year, so SF is already kind of full there. They would be overloading one position (SF), and depleting another (C).
-I would think we would get better value for Collision by trading him to a team that would see him as their starter. If a team like Portland, who has a legit starter in Andre Miller, who trade for him to be their back up, we would probably get less as opposed to trading him to him a team that would use him as a starter.
(to play Devil's Advocate to myself, I suprinsingly realized Miller is 34, so bringing in Collision could make sense to them to go along with the rest of their young players. While, he may not start this year, he could still got a lot of minutes and start next year.)

I'm certaintly not disagreeing with you, I'm just looking at it from all angles. In fact, some sort of deal that includes Collision for Fernandez could work out. I would just hate to trade a big piece like Collision (potentially anyway) right now, when our team could be completely different in a year or so once you considering
-New Head coach
-New GM
-Ownership transfer (hopefully anyway)
-Potential lock out next year
-CP's future uncertain

Sorry for the long post btw
collison and rudy is no where near even in my opinion, in 3 years collison will make rudy look like ****, also andre miller is in miami now i believe so they need collison
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruSaint View Post
collison and rudy is no where near even in my opinion, in 3 years collison will make rudy look like ****, also andre miller is in miami now i believe so they need collison
I didn't mean skill wise, which is why I specified salary and placement on current depth chart.

Miller was invovled in trade rumors, but from everywhere I look, he is still part of the Trail Blazers.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
Moorish Aboriginal

SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
Portland would have to give us more than Rudy Fernandez to acquire Darren Collison and we'd have to include another player as well only to even out the salaries of whatever other decent player(s) Portland includes in the trade. Collison's rookie season is better than Fernandez's 2 year career combined.
SonOfNOLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
Portland would have to give us more than Rudy Fernandez to acquire Darren Collison and we'd have to include another player as well only to even out the salaries of whatever other decent player(s) Portland includes in the trade. Collison's rookie season is better than Fernandez's 2 year career combined.
Yeah I do think Portland is one of the more realistic teams that we could trade with. The more I think of it, the more Infinte's trade could work. Since DC is more value talent wise, they would have to take someone like Posey, and match salary wise but with better talent to even the trade. It's just a matter of whether the new GM wants Oden or not. And like you said earlier, if we do aquire Oden, how do we split up minutes between him and Okafor. Maybe Okafor could start at C, and play some back up minutes at the 4 too, even though I don't think him playing there for long stretches is a great idea because he lacks any kind of mid range jumper, but it could be good having them two on the floor at the same time to guard those 7 footers in LA.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Super Forum Fanatic

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Darren Collison is probably nearly untouchable at this point in time, because all of CP's bs.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
Hall-of-Famer

TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
Darren Collison is probably nearly untouchable at this point in time, because all of CP's bs.
exactly
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
I never want Oden on our team...people need to stop bringing this bust up.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #14
IM WINNING

NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!NOLA-B-504 is a BEAST!
Demps needs to start working the phones ASAP if he plans on making CP3 happy.
NOLA-B-504 is offline Reply With Quote