New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > Other New Orleans Pro Teams > New Orleans Pelicans Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
SR is my life!

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
How would you divide up minutes on the team?

Here's mine, 48 minutes obviously:

PG:
Chris Paul- 31
Darren Collison- 17

SG:
Marcus Thornton- 35
Chris Paul- 7
Darren Collison- 6
(there will probably be a player added here)

SF:
Peja Stojakovic- 24
James Posey- 12
Quincy Pondexter- 12
Julian Wright- ???

PF:
David West- 32
Craig Brackins- 16
Darius Songalia- ???

C:
Emeka Okafor- 34
Aaron Gray- 8
Darius Songalia- 4

I must admit, that's a little harder than I thought. Obviously the final roster isn't finished yet, so those predicitions probably aren't very good.
nolafan33 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Aboriginal Autochthon

SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
I must admit, that's a little harder than I thought. Obviously the final roster isn't finished yet, so those predicitions probably aren't very good.
That's exactly what I was about to say. Darius Songaila and Aaron Gray are both scheduled to become FA's, but it's a good chance Gray will probably be re-signed since he's a RFA and the only other Center we have behind Okafor. I doubt Songaila will stay since we drafted PF Craig Brackins and he was already making about $4.5 million last season so it's unlikely he returns since we have a cheaper option to backup West. Ju Wright, Okafor, and Collison will probably be traded in coming weeks so it's too early to predict anything right now before the Free Agency period has even started and the final roster not completed yet.
SonOfNOLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
SR is my life!

nolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernolafan33 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
That's exactly what I was about to say. Darius Songaila and Aaron Gray are both scheduled to become FA's, but it's a good chance Gray will probably be re-signed since he's a RFA and the only other Center we have behind Okafor. I doubt Songaila will stay since we drafted PF Craig Brackins and he was already making about $4.5 million last season so it's unlikely he returns since we have a cheaper option to backup West. Ju Wright, Okafor, and Collison will probably be traded in coming weeks so it's too early to predict anything right now before the Free Agency period has even started and the final roster not completed yet.
I agree 100%, I was more of just doing it for fun...even though it turned out to be aggrivating lol

Old 06-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
using Darren Collison 23 minutes would be a complete joke. If he isn't used at least 30 minutes a game he should be traded.
Eviltaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
SR is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltaxi View Post
using Darren Collison 23 minutes would be a complete joke. If he isn't used at least 30 minutes a game he should be traded.
Sadly, it's not that easy. Collison isn't getting 30 minutes with CP on the team.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
Aboriginal Autochthon

SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Collison would never see 30 minutes a game as Chris Paul's backup. 30+ minutes is what starters get and it doesn't seem likely that he'll ever get a chance to start for us.
SonOfNOLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Eviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching inEviltaxi is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan33 View Post
Sadly, it's not that easy. Collison isn't getting 30 minutes with CP on the team.

Well if Collison can't get minutes with Thornton playing SF now and then(meaning they don't feel comfortable playing CP3, collison, and thronton together) opening up a spot then he should be traded.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
happy in the haze
Hexxagon Champion

slowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Club
slowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Well if Collison can't get minutes with Thornton playing SF now and then(meaning they don't feel comfortable playing CP3, collison, and thronton together) opening up a spot then he should be traded.
Where have you heard this nonsense?
slowchild25 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowchild25 View Post
Where have you heard this nonsense?

umm...he has played at SF before. We have played CP3, Collison, and Thornton together at the same time. All I'm saying if the Hornets don't fee comfortable playing that line up a few minutes a game we should get rid of Collison cause, he is way to good to get so few minutes and having him would be a waste.

It seems like you didn't read my post closely.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
happy in the haze
Hexxagon Champion

slowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Club
slowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Clubslowchild25 40K Burger Club
Quote:
umm...he has played at SF before. We have played CP3, Collison, and Thornton together at the same time. All I'm saying if the Hornets don't fee comfortable playing that line up a few minutes a game we should get rid of Collison cause, he is way to good to get so few minutes and having him would be a waste.

It seems like you didn't read my post closely.
You are correct. My bad. I wouldn't mind the Hornets going with a supersmall CP3-Collison-Thronton-Wright-West line up for a few minutes each game. That's something out of Don Nelsons playbook right there. It's so crazy it just may work.
slowchild25 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #11
Veteran

mondoburger has disabled reputation
im really hoping they find a way to shake this roster up. peja is washed up, julian wright is pitiful, and poseys not much better

Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
Very Banned

Eviltaxi is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoburger View Post
im really hoping they find a way to shake this roster up. peja is washed up, julian wright is pitiful, and poseys not much better

Don't forget Okafor...We need to move at least a couple of these guys if we want to be relevant in anyway next year.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #13
Who Dat Nation

wnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
wnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famerwnelson is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
we may be unloading a few 'expiring contracts' this season... i want to see us pick up that Lee kid from the Knicks. he would be a great addition.
Jerral Wayne "Jerry" Jones Sr. is an American businessman. He is the owner, president, and poor excuse of a general manager of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys. He is by far the worst GM in professional sports history and has an ego bigger than the state of Texas.
wnelson is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
"Landųyšan" - Land Waster

tlsk1066 is marching in
tlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching intlsk1066 is marching in
Quote:
Don't forget Okafor...We need to move at least a couple of these guys if we want to be relevant in anyway next year.
I dunno... a healthy Chris Paul with Okafor in an entire TC w/Paul can go a long way. I just hope Bower can fix his mess in any shape or form
tlsk1066 is offline Reply With Quote