New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 11-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #57
shootin' the J

Optimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to all
Optimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to all
perimeter defense sucked in the fourth and the offense stalled..

that's why i don't think you should place an instant offense guy on the inactive list.. but ehh. we're 8-1
Optimus Walken is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #58
Hall-of-Famer

Lucketty is a jewel in the rough
Lucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the roughLucketty is a jewel in the rough
We got lazy on our rotations against a team with legitimate shooters who got hot, West had to sit and Paul got ice cold down the stretch. Only thing that bothers me/ is was letting Jason Terry set up like that. Once he started going, everything went down for them. He's in the Manu Ginobli class of guys who you're sure aren't going to miss when they get open looks.
Lucketty is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #59
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
Sitting CP3
Sure did not help the Hornets
Revenge will come soon.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies. ~ Nietzsche
MLU is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #60
shootin' the J

Optimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to all
Optimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to allOptimus Walken is a name known to all
missed way too many FTs too
Optimus Walken is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #61
Rookie

bachthejock is on a distinguished roadbachthejock is on a distinguished roadbachthejock is on a distinguished road
Hopefully, this gets a lot of people to goto the rematch Wed. Just watching on tv, it felt like the playoffs. Although we lost, there were some good things to come out of the game like coming back from 8-0 to start the game...the Byron Scott Hornets might have folded after a start like that and lost by 20+

Good NBA teams win most of their home games and about half of their road games and end up with 55-60 wins so I won't put too much stock into a road loss to a playoff team this early in the season.
bachthejock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #62
Soulful Sports Fan

Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Eman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true SaintEman5805 is a true Saint
Sucks. Let's beat their heads in Wednesday for payback.
Eman5805 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #63
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
I went to the bathroom and we were up by 7. When I got back, we were down by 3. Anyone care to explain?

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #64
Very Banned

Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
What an abortion of a 4th quarter. Needless to say, I'm not allowed to go to anymore games.

The last three teams who were the last to get knocked from the ranks of the undefeated all went on to the Finals and...

remember what happened last time Dallas ended a season-starting win streak?
Jonesy77 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #65
This space for rent

Puddinhead has disabled reputation
**** Dallas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrus
I blame Puddinhead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ in Lafayette View Post
Sadly, I suspect Puddinhead is right.
Puddinhead is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #66
This space for rent

Puddinhead has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
I went to the bathroom and we were up by 7. When I got back, we were down by 3. Anyone care to explain?
We couldn't do diddly poo offensively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrus
I blame Puddinhead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ in Lafayette View Post
Sadly, I suspect Puddinhead is right.
Puddinhead is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #67
All-Pro

vanakin is on a distinguished roadvanakin is on a distinguished roadvanakin is on a distinguished roadvanakin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinhead View Post
**** Dallas.
I absolutely HATE that city and everyone in it. Besides saints fans. Mavs and cowboys. WTH

Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #68
Subscribing Member

socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
I'm disappointed that we gave that game away at the end, but we obviously weren't going 82-0. I was getting more and more nervous every game because I wanted to stay undefeated. I can only imagine the kind of pressure the players were feeling. I think we can settle down and just continue to play good basketball now. I think the nerves got to us at the end and we couldn't get a good shot off. That and CP's foul trouble were detrimental.
socbe7 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #69
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by socbe7 View Post
I'm disappointed that we gave that game away at the end, but we obviously weren't going 82-0. I was getting more and more nervous every game because I wanted to stay undefeated. I can only imagine the kind of pressure the players were feeling. I think we can settle down and just continue to play good basketball now. I think the nerves got to us at the end and we couldn't get a good shot off. That and CP's foul trouble were detrimental.
Didn't we get 5 fouls in 47 seconds in the 3rd? How do you do that?

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #70
Very Banned

Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
Jonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger ClubJonesy77 40K Burger Club
The refs were pretty lousy in both directions. The sense I got was that they really hammered us early with bullsh calls, but then tried to make up for it later with some crappy calls against the Mavs. Of course, by then the damage was done because CP3 had to sit longer than usual with 4 fouls early.

However, there really is no excuse for missing 3 shots at the end, two of which were uncontested.
Jonesy77 is offline Reply With Quote