Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > Other New Orleans Pro Teams > New Orleans Pelicans Board

Old 05-11-2008, 10:22 PM   #151
I hate refs

rlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saint
rlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUSousaphone View Post
Wasn't Parker on that SI cover, too?
Does that count? I wonder if the other 500 people that also made the cover had rough weekends?
rlmarine is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #152

saintsfan92687 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan92687 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan92687 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan92687 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan92687 is on a distinguished roadsaintsfan92687 is on a distinguished road
My section was on the cover, but I can't really see myself...I had a pretty bad week.
saintsfan92687 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #153
Owning the CONCACAF

MSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger Club
MSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger ClubMSUSousaphone 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmarine View Post
Once again, thanks SI cover jinx!!!!!!! Can we get a Manu cover this week??
Let's hit him where it hurts and put his mother on it.
Whelp...the Saints won the Super Bowl, the bad news is that I now owe God 3 days of church a week for 5 years, 1,000 hours of community service, 20% of my gross income for 10 years, my first born son, a 2011 2nd round draft pick, and my pet goldfish as a sacrificial offering the next lunar eclipse.
MSUSousaphone is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #154
I hate refs

rlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saintrlmarine is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan92687 View Post
My section was on the cover, but I can't really see myself...I had a pretty bad week.
guess I'm lucky section 107 didn't make it...

Old 05-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #155
Super Forum Fanatic

JOElittleBIGhorn is marching in
JOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonknows View Post
That'd be the worst thing we could do as a team. Hilton would have them in the penalty in two minutes flat if he starts a quarter if the game is close. He needs a lot more time to develop. As much as Ely has looked bad, I'm willing to roll with the vet against the likes of Duncan as opposed to the foul machine that is Hilton Armstrong and although he has progressed a little bit in his playing when looking at the last two series he's not the answer to anything but garbage time right now when playing the Spurs.
You're probably right, the foul trouble would get pretty bad. But I just can't help but think that Hilton can give us more off the bench than Ely. He's done nothing for us the last two games. Hilton, despite his erratic fouling, can at least give you some offense and rebounding at times. He kept his fouling somewhat in check against the Mavs, excluding game 4. He's doing it again tonight, admittedly in garbage time. I'd at least give it ago before throwing Ely out there again and pull him if he doesn't look up to snuff. Most likely just wishful thinking by me that Hilton's starting to come around at just the right time of year though. Mostly I just don't want to see Melvin's face again.
JOElittleBIGhorn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #156
All Pro

Saint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popularSaint Chi-Chi is becoming pretty popular
The Spurs are just having fun at this point.
These ARE NOT the Hornets that I watched all season. I dont know what got into them tonight.
No one is making shots, tunovers, everything is going wrong for the Hornets.
Maybe im starting to believe in that SI cover myth.
I cant believe Tyson has 5 fouls early in the 3rd.
Lakers - Jazz tied 2-2
Hornets - Spurs tied 2-2
and tomorrow I have good feeling that Cavs - Celtics will be tied also.
Im starting to think, hmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Saint Chi-Chi; 05-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Saint Chi-Chi is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #157
I hate refs

Reggie Miller just said we need to do something in the last 3 minutes to take over to Game 5...uhhh, what??

Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #158
Super Forum Fanatic

JOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching inJOElittleBIGhorn is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmarine View Post
Reggie Miller just said we need to do something in the last 3 minutes to take over to Game 5...uhhh, what??
You mean to tell me what the very end of our bench does in complete garbage time obviously doesn't have a bearing on what our starters will do in a game hundreds of miles and a few days away?

Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #159
Super Forum Fanatic

peytonknows is on a distinguished roadpeytonknows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOElittleBIGhorn View Post
You're probably right, the foul trouble would get pretty bad. But I just can't help but think that Hilton can give us more off the bench than Ely. He's done nothing for us the last two games. Hilton, despite his erratic fouling, can at least give you some offense and rebounding at times. He kept his fouling somewhat in check against the Mavs, excluding game 4. He's doing it again tonight, admittedly in garbage time. I'd at least give it ago before throwing Ely out there again and pull him if he doesn't look up to snuff. Most likely just wishful thinking by me that Hilton's starting to come around at just the right time of year though.

The Mavs don't have Duncan.

Depending on vets in the playoffs is what it's about, Byron is not going to send out the younger player in crunch time to defend anyone when the game is close. Like I said, he's shown some improvement in the playoffs but I wouldn't be confident in him when the game is close and I'd rather have Ely on the court and he did a pretty good job at times in the first two games. Nothing went well tonight on either side of the court so there are enough fingers to point and the battle for back up C is the least of my worries at this point.
peytonknows is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #160
I hate refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOElittleBIGhorn View Post
You mean to tell me what the very end of our bench does in complete garbage time obviously doesn't have a bearing on what our starters will do in a game hundreds of miles and a few days away?
He made the SI cover too

Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #161
Veteran Starter

dhsaintslsu is an unknown quantity at this point
pathetic, pathetic, awful performance on both ends of the court. it didn't help that the refs were calling ever crap foul they could but you can't blame them. you gotta bring your a game and we didn't, except chris. dude goes out and busts his *** every game and what do our players give him in return? NOTHING. peja couldn't find shots, d west played terrible and once again lack luster on defense, and no one else could do ****. i'll take tyson out of my bashing because he didn't deserve all those crappy and one fouls he got pinned for. this game was so much garbage i could go on for days. thank jesus i didn't stay home to watch it because massive holes would be everywhere. get your s hit together guys. oh and like i said before...the spurs CANNOT play this well for four games. It's simply not possible but i didn't think what happened tonight was either so who knows. thanks for giving me a place to vent saintsreport.
dhsaintslsu is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #162
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonknows View Post
The Mavs don't have Duncan.

Depending on vets in the playoffs is what it's about, Byron is not going to send out the younger player in crunch time to defend anyone when the game is close. Like I said, he's shown some improvement in the playoffs but I wouldn't be confident in him when the game is close and I'd rather have Ely on the court and he did a pretty good job at times in the first two games. Nothing went well tonight on either side of the court so there are enough fingers to point and the battle for back up C is the least of my worries at this point.
Fair enough. Can't really disagree with anything you've said. Experience takes priority in the playoffs. Still, Hilton had another good performance tonight. But like you said, backup C isn't what we need to worry about at this point. Hopefully we can get our act together for game 5 back home.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #163
I hate refs

Well, we have us a series which we all expected to have. Wish we would of played a little better tonight, but overall we'll take where we are at this point. Have to step it up at home. D West, Chandler, Peja have to get it going. The Hive will be rocking, looking forward to Game 5!!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #164
Very Banned

llama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
llama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Losing tonight is expected after that result. Losing the game before sucks.
llama is offline Reply With Quote