New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
BHM
Can't please 'em all

BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
40 car pile up on I-10 near NOLA this morning

Two dead and 25 sent to the hospital. Looking at the pictures is kind of hard to do. Pretty bad. Hopefully all of our SR brothers and sisters are fine. There was a Saint's truck involved...

Interstate 10 pileup kept highway closed in eastern New Orleans for most of the day | NOLA.com

Professor Prevaricator
BHM is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
All-Pro

Krewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of light
Krewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of lightKrewe of Clyde's is a glorious beacon of light
We came down for the Falcons game and stayed a couple of extra days. We got detoured on our way out of town that day and took hwy 90 all the way to Bay St. Louis. It was a terrible accident. Hopefully the 25 who were sent to hospitals will have a quick and complete recovery.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
We were in Houston for the week that day and it made the local radio station there.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Veteran Starter

DomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura aboutDomePatrol5657 has a spectacular aura about
Another wreck this morning in roughly the same area. This time "only" 3 cars involved. I drive this portion of the I-10 every day on my way to work. The smoke from the marsh fire was terrible this morning. It came up on you very fast and visibility was next to nothing. The smoke played a part in this accident, no doubt. But this stretch of the interstate can be a speeding death trap some mornings. Cars weaving in and out of traffic, while their drivers are on the cell phone or textings. I usually drive 75-80(yes speeding, I know, guilty as charged) and most mornings cars are zooming past me like I am going 50. Throw the smoke from this fire that won't seem to go out with speeding cars and you have a recipe for disaster.
DomePatrol5657 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
More than 15K posts served!

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomePatrol5657 View Post
Another wreck this morning in roughly the same area. This time "only" 3 cars involved. I drive this portion of the I-10 every day on my way to work. The smoke from the marsh fire was terrible this morning. It came up on you very fast and visibility was next to nothing. The smoke played a part in this accident, no doubt. But this stretch of the interstate can be a speeding death trap some mornings. Cars weaving in and out of traffic, while their drivers are on the cell phone or textings. I usually drive 75-80(yes speeding, I know, guilty as charged) and most mornings cars are zooming past me like I am going 50. Throw the smoke from this fire that won't seem to go out with speeding cars and you have a recipe for disaster.
really don't want to read any more "*SR* poster has left us too early" threads
why don't you take Chef in until the fire clears up?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Fog wasn't nearly as bad in Baton Rouge that day, but I still had idiots riding less than a foot from my back bumper even while I was going the speed limit in heavy traffic.

Police need to stop worrying so much about speeders and start pulling people over for tailgating. Some guy doing 60 MPH down a empty 4 lane road is a hell of a lot less dangerous then morons riding on someones bumper in heavy traffic.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
BHM
Can't please 'em all

BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
I don't travel that stretch but it certainly sounds dangerous. Perhaps they need to lower the speed limit in that area and beef up patrols. That sure seem to greatly reduce the bad wrecks on the basin bridge.

Professor Prevaricator
BHM is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
the dude in the selfie

Zack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club Member
Zack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club MemberZack Lee Prestigious Gold Club Member
who is that Saints SUV? I have seen that around town. Were they ok? I was trying to find a photo gallery from that day and I am surprised that NOLA only had 7 pics.
Zack Lee is offline Reply With Quote