home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #29
WHODAT

billinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Club
billinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Clubbillinms 50K Burger Club
More undeniable proof of Beyonce's allegiance to Satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheFalconFan View Post
For us Falcons Fans it reminds us of when Joe Montana used to shred our defense when you march out Brees.
billinms is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #30
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Is this the "evil spirits" of which you speak?

parlorcitysaint is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatjoe View Post
On a non serious not, I sure would like to possess Beyonce for an our or two......
You're not serious?

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #32
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 60K Burger Club
Brennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger Club
This could actually be an interesting thread if people would stop using it to make fun of the op. It certainly is worth noting that for whatever reason Beyonce and other contemporaries have decided to use satanic imagery and symbolism. And it isn't in the tongue in cheek style of acdc or ozzy.

Now I'm not saying they are possessed or represent a threat to society. But it could make for a good discussion.

“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI
Brennan77 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #33
the dude in the selfie

Zack Lee 60K Burger Club
Zack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan77 View Post
This could actually be an interesting thread if people would stop using it to make fun of the op. It certainly is worth noting that for whatever reason Beyonce and other contemporaries have decided to use satanic imagery and symbolism. And it isn't in the tongue in cheek style of acdc or ozzy.

Now I'm not saying they are possessed or represent a threat to society. But it could make for a good discussion.
did you watch the youtube in the OP? It is laughable after all. The narrator sounds like he drank a case of Mountain Dew and he is actually about to cream himself talking about this stuff. I think he is in danger of crossing to the dark side himself.

Now as far as them actually using the symbols - I can believe that JayZ would; he is fantastic at marketing after all.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

If it is not just coincidence that they use the same symbolism, then simply by discussing it, we are keeping them relevant right now.
Zack Lee is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger ClubBrennan77 60K Burger Club
I didn't watch the YouTube video, I will admit. But check out some of the music videos by kanye west. I find it interesting that they have decided to use this sort of imagery.

“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #35
Really?

Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Galbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club MemberGalbreath34 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Jordan
How you like that answer? How you like that? You like it? Boom. Left to be interpreted -- or not.
Galbreath34 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
Ragin Rukus

brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Lee View Post
did you watch the youtube in the OP? It is laughable after all. The narrator sounds like he drank a case of Mountain Dew and he is actually about to cream himself talking about this stuff. I think he is in danger of crossing to the dark side himself.

Now as far as them actually using the symbols - I can believe that JayZ would; he is fantastic at marketing after all.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

If it is not just coincidence that they use the same symbolism, then simply by discussing it, we are keeping them relevant right now.
Exactly. This guy takes a discussion by Beyonce about her performance persona - something that EVERYBODY has, whether they be musicians, teachers, parents, or ANYTHING else - as her admitting that she's literally possessed by an evil demon that gives her extraordinary performance abilities. Everybody has different personas for different situations, they just don't have to name and market theirs to sell records. I'm a teacher, and there's a definitive "teacher Brock" and "not-at-school Brock." I'm sure you act a bit differently at work than you do at home or around friends as well. It doesn't mean we're possessed by evil spirits that make us good/bad teachers or salesmen or computer programmers or whatever. It just means we separate private from public to do our jobs well and to stay sane at home.

There is absolutely nothing in that video that makes for "good discussion," because it's half-wit conspiracy theories intertwined with dogmatic overanalysis. I'm not talking about anyone specifically in this thread, but for anybody in general, I'm sorry, but if you think Jay Z throwing up his "Roc" sign is him purposefully spreading the message of Horus in any way other than to have something catchy and sell albums, then you're desperately looking for something conspiratorial to believe and your thought process is not based in the real world and I would seriously question your ability to be logical about anything at that point. It's not demonic, it's to sell stuff and make money. Period. End of story. They aren't ushering in the end of days or anything else that video might suggest.
brockmeaux is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #37
Welcome to Thunderdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockmeaux View Post
Exactly. This guy takes a discussion by Beyonce about her performance persona - something that EVERYBODY has, whether they be musicians, teachers, parents, or ANYTHING else - as her admitting that she's literally possessed by an evil demon that gives her extraordinary performance abilities. Everybody has different personas for different situations, they just don't have to name and market theirs to sell records. I'm a teacher, and there's a definitive "teacher Brock" and "not-at-school Brock." I'm sure you act a bit differently at work than you do at home or around friends as well. It doesn't mean we're possessed by evil spirits that make us good/bad teachers or salesmen or computer programmers or whatever. It just means we separate private from public to do our jobs well and to stay sane at home.

There is absolutely nothing in that video that makes for "good discussion," because it's half-wit conspiracy theories intertwined with dogmatic overanalysis. I'm not talking about anyone specifically in this thread, but for anybody in general, I'm sorry, but if you think Jay Z throwing up his "Roc" sign is him purposefully spreading the message of Horus in any way other than to have something catchy and sell albums, then you're desperately looking for something conspiratorial to believe and your thought process is not based in the real world and I would seriously question your ability to be logical about anything at that point. It's not demonic, it's to sell stuff and make money. Period. End of story. They aren't ushering in the end of days or anything else that video might suggest.
I'm certainly not saying all that. I didn't watch the video because my original view of the thread was via tapatalk and the videos don't show unless opened in a full browser. All I'm saying is that there are some interesting occult/secret society type imagery being used by these hip hop artists and it goes further than Ozzy and Mr Crowley. It's kind of weird and comical in how seriously they take themselves. Really Kanye?

It's certainly an interesting choice in style if it means absolutely nothing to them. And I certainly think it can make for interesting discussion.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #38
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to all
Saintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to all
"If you like it then you shoulda put a goat ring on it"
Saintree River is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
the dude in the selfie

Zack Lee 60K Burger Club
Zack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger ClubZack Lee 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintree River View Post
"If you like it then you shoulda put a goat ring on it"
nice!!
Zack Lee is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #40
Super Forum Fanatic

slaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to behold
slaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to beholdslaym is a splendid one to behold
That performance stunk. Is that the best Satan can do?

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #41
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan77 View Post
All I'm saying is that there are some interesting occult/secret society type imagery being used by these hip hop artists and it goes further than Ozzy and Mr Crowley.
No it doesn't. Jay-Z named Rockafella records after Rockefeller because it symbolized money and was a bad pun.

The symbol is from our money, once again symbolizing money.

The internet started the illuminatti rumors (because of the symbol) so Jay-Z and the rest ran with the free press.

It is a boring story.
GhostFace is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #42
I love scotch.

Blk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true Saint
Blk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true SaintBlk&Gold4Life is a true Saint

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.