New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

XXXtraAnchovies has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan77 View Post
This could actually be an interesting thread if people would stop using it to make fun of the op. It certainly is worth noting that for whatever reason Beyonce and other contemporaries have decided to use satanic imagery and symbolism. And it isn't in the tongue in cheek style of acdc or ozzy.

Now I'm not saying they are possessed or represent a threat to society. But it could make for a good discussion.

ha, and you made fun of me for watching professional wrestling
XXXtraAnchovies is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #44
Subscribing Member

mt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saint
mt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saintmt15 is a true Saint
It would appear that the symbols on the shirts represented money more than anything else and the triangle hand symbol is probably the same. BTW, I couldn't find any current articles on clothing in Jay-Z's line sporting those symbols. Beyonce's goat head shirt was in 2008, I think, and was probably some fashion designer's idea to seem edgy and hip for her 2008 album. Moving on, nothing to see here.....

Oh, and Kanye definitely takes himself too seriously.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #45
Decent

Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
Twenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger ClubTwenty 50K Burger Club
I wonder how many goofy illuminati videos they are on YouTube right now. Gotta be in the 6 digits area.

I saw one a while back trying to convince people that Michael Jordan was an illuminati devil worshiper. One of the reasons was because he played for the Bulls and that their colors are "red and blue". Which have ties to satanic rituals.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #46
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Brennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXtraAnchovies View Post
ha, and you made fun of me for watching professional wrestling
No, I didn't.

“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI
Brennan77 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
Welcome to Thunderdome

Brennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club MemberBrennan77 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
No it doesn't. Jay-Z named Rockafella records after Rockefeller because it symbolized money and was a bad pun.

The symbol is from our money, once again symbolizing money.

The internet started the illuminatti rumors (because of the symbol) so Jay-Z and the rest ran with the free press.

It is a boring story.
Well that's a reasonable take I suppose. Though I'm not sure a mimicking of monetary symbols explains some of the extent to which we have seen. Look, I'm not claiming any sort of conspiracy or secret society or whatever. I just think it is interesting that some of these artists have aligned themselves with those ideas and images.

“We are not spared dark nights. They are clearly necessary, so that we can learn through suffering, so that we can acquire freedom and maturity and above all else a capacity for sympathy with others.” Pope Benedict XVI

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
I didn't watch the YouTube video, I will admit. But check out some of the music videos by kanye west. I find it interesting that they have decided to use this sort of imagery.

Do you know how a black dude can convince a bunch of corn-fed, midwestern white folks to listen to crummy music?

Any idea how to make some backwoods Alabama redneck talk about Beyonce?

You want to know how to market black things to white folks?

Slap a pentagram on it and dress it in black leather.

SOLD!

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #49
Welcome to Thunderdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc View Post
Do you know how a black dude can convince a bunch of corn-fed, midwestern white folks to listen to crummy music?

Any idea how to make some backwoods Alabama redneck talk about Beyonce?

You want to know how to market black things to white folks?

Slap a pentagram on it and dress it in black leather.

SOLD!
How does that help sell to white people? Maybe it does. I guess I'm not the target audience. Just curious as to why.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #50
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
The African-American and hip hop community has been obsessed with illuminati conspiracy theories for decades. It's rooted in NYC and the strong presence the Black Isrealites and other paranoia groups have in certain neighborhoods.

Once the Internet hit these communities, it exploded. Jay-Z grew up with these guys on every corner.

Google the rapper Prodigy from Mobb Deep. He has been talking this nonsense for 20 years.

It isn't about enticing white people as much as a general trolling of society.

Conspiracy theories came out claiming Jay-Z is one of the most powerful people in the world due to his high ranking in the Illuminatti.
Given that boasting is the very root of hip hop and powerful figures have always been adopted by hip hop artists as alter egos, why wouldn't Jay-Z run with it?
GhostFace is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #51
He didn't make it

OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
I thought satan only supported heavy metal.
OhioSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
Subscribing Member

staphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Club
staphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Clubstaphory 40K Burger Club
Just for the sake of discussion, let's assume that Beyonce and Jay-Z really are Satanists.
So what?
What difference would it make?
Those who are entertained by them will continue to buy their music.
Those who aren't entertained by them will continue to ignore them.
Now what?

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
How does that help sell to white people? Maybe it does. I guess I'm not the target audience. Just curious as to why.

Same as Black Sabbath, Kiss or Slayer.

Only modernized for hip hop sales.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #54
Fan By Blood

redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
OP, you don't think it's highly more likely that she has no idea what those symbols mean?
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #55
Truth Addict

Location: Close enough to Atlanta to smell the stink of Falcons
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
V Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club MemberV Chip Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
t certainly is worth noting that for whatever reason Beyonce and other contemporaries have decided to use satanic imagery and symbolism. And it isn't in the tongue in cheek style of acdc or ozzy.
Good clean Christians, right?

The video was laughable. Stop trying to make it serious.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Did you find this post helpful?    | 
V Chip is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #56
Boom Box

GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
GhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true SaintGhostFace is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlandssaintsson View Post
OP, you don't think it's highly more likely that she has no idea what those symbols mean?

Not a chance. I explained why.

Quote:

Prodigy says that Jay grew up grew up in Dr. York’s “Nuwabian” community in Brooklyn as a kid, and is “aware” of these evils — rogue government, elitists running the country, etc
Nuwaubian Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prodigy Says Jay-Z Sides With The

Jay-Z Addresses Illuminati Accusers, Says They Can
GhostFace is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.