New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
car problem ?

Cranked this morning, while warming up it cut off, radio / lights still on, only thing lit up on dash board was oil light. Cranked it again it started but immediately cut off. Then it would never fully start/turn over again. Prob is engine light ain't on, so u know dealer gonna be like no clue what's wrong.

Less than 2 weeks ago dealer replaced crank sensor cause car was doing almost same thing, but engine light finally came on for them to hook up to machine. Today was first time it wouldn't even act like it would almost turn over and start up. 04 dodge stratus.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Sarang Upso

I also had dealer replace battery less than month ago.

Same type of starting up and dying while cranked issues I had to get rid of last car, dealer could never figure out problem. diff car brand and dealership

Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Very Banned

wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a battery issue, if not cant help you. Part of the problem is its a stratus. Those cars aren't the most reliable IMO. But then again is any dodge,chrysler, jeep, or eagle?
wizard1183 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Sarang Upso

took it back to shop and machine again said it was crank sensor (which they replaced within last 60 days). shop on a hunch replaced the cam sensor instead today, they told me the car is now working, so i'll see how long that lasts.

so in last two months have replaced the battery, crank sensor, and the cam sensor....

Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
SR is my life!

Expatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club MemberExpatriate Prestigious Gold Club Member
Expatriate Prestigious Gold Club Member
When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter?
Expatriate is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Administrator

SharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger Club
SharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger Club
It could be a short somewhere, causing those parts to blow like that. Check to see if any wires are worn/grounding and if your fuses/box/relays look okay. Track down which fuse/module all those other parts go through and see what gauge wire is used under that box.
SharonT is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
Administrator

SharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger Club
SharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger ClubSharonT 50K Burger Club
Oh, and check to see if they're just changing a fuse each time it blows, and adding on those parts to make you feel better. Take a marker and mark each one if you do decide to bring it back to the same shop. But don't let on that you marked them.
SharonT is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
that's why you're here

amused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to behold
amused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to beholdamused is a splendid one to behold
You have a car that is eight years old . I'm guessing over 100k miles . You're getting to the point where stuff is wearing out . It was all new around the same time , so it's not unreasonable to see parts failing at this late date in close proximity . That being said , unless you're getting gouged it's still less than a payment , though irksome certainly . Do you like the car and/or want/need to keep it ? The LEAST worrisome approach is a proactive one . You'll need to figure out a schedule of wear items , and replace them as time/budget allows . This will establish a new baseline at the level of the quality of parts you've chosen and get you some peace of mind (obviously stuff just breaks sometimes , but that's just as true for a new car.) Failing that , just try to stay liquid enough to stay ahead of it , and eventually you'll catch up .
amused is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Sarang Upso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter?

less than 1 year ago

Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Sarang Upso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonT View Post
It could be a short somewhere, causing those parts to blow like that. Check to see if any wires are worn/grounding and if your fuses/box/relays look okay. Track down which fuse/module all those other parts go through and see what gauge wire is used under that box.

good eye.
the dealer had the same idea, called me today and said we started checking all your wiring. they took a hammer and hit the cpu and the car would die. tap the cpu and car would almost die and then keep going. they are going to order a cpu.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Sarang Upso

Quote:
Originally Posted by amused View Post
You have a car that is eight years old . I'm guessing over 100k miles . You're getting to the point where stuff is wearing out . It was all new around the same time , so it's not unreasonable to see parts failing at this late date in close proximity . That being said , unless you're getting gouged it's still less than a payment , though irksome certainly . Do you like the car and/or want/need to keep it ? The LEAST worrisome approach is a proactive one . You'll need to figure out a schedule of wear items , and replace them as time/budget allows . This will establish a new baseline at the level of the quality of parts you've chosen and get you some peace of mind (obviously stuff just breaks sometimes , but that's just as true for a new car.) Failing that , just try to stay liquid enough to stay ahead of it , and eventually you'll catch up .
yes i like the car and it's over 100K. This is exactly what i was thinking, for now I'd rather replace a part here and there than to get a diff car. At some point it might not be worth it but for now I feel it is. I don't have the figures in front of me but i'm thinking the new battery, new crank sensor, new cam sensor, and new cpu will be right around $1,000. Not bad for a 2004 vehicle imo, if all this makes it run for another few years.

in case it's not obvious, it' s back in shop, it died while i was driving to work this week. tow to dealer was free.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
BHM
Can't please 'em all

BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
BHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club MemberBHM Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
good eye.
the dealer had the same idea, called me today and said we started checking all your wiring. they took a hammer and hit the cpu and the car would die. tap the cpu and car would almost die and then keep going. they are going to order a cpu.

Had a windshield guy do the same thing to me. He whacked it with a hammer and sure enough, a long crack appeared so he replaced it with a new windshield.
BHM is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
Sarang Upso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHM View Post
Had a windshield guy do the same thing to me. He whacked it with a hammer and sure enough, a long crack appeared so he replaced it with a new windshield.

lol. I needed that.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
More than 15K posts served!

CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
CHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCHI-TOWNSAINT is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
car problem ?
Are you unsure if you have a car problem?
CHI-TOWNSAINT is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.