New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member




Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #141
Very Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 44
Posts: 12,908
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysmyhero View Post
IMO, homosexuality, gender issues, etc are clearly the result of a genetic defect ONLY the vast majority of the time. In the past, I have seen TOO MANY children, especially males, at the ages of 5-6 and above, who showed cleared signs of their future sexuality preference.

Think about your sexual preference. Think about all those uncontrollable urges you have beteen the ages of 13-21. I just do not see how anyone would choose to go against or would be capable of going against the nature of a drive so strong, which may be 2nd only to your drive to survive.
That right there. ^
KardiacKat is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #142
hard, pipe-hittin'
 
SaintJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20,376
Blog Entries: 2
SaintJ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSaint View Post
I should certainly hope that my attitudes toward gay people are "intelligent, kind, enlightened, polite, and respectful." My partner would be most displeased if they weren't!
You've come a long way.
SaintJ is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #143
Subscribing Member
 
St. PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 7,599
St. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true Saint
St. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardiacKat View Post
And this also bring up the discussion of why lesbians can get away with stuff but gay men can't.

Why will this nearly always get a pass


But this doesn't?

I see the point, and I think its to do with imagery. Sex sells, and the woman figure is pervasive in every form of advertising. Male on Male imagery goes against every thing our brains are inuendated with every time we turn on the tv, see a billboard, or magazine add. We are programmed to be turned on by the woman figure. Times two and its double the turn on. Go polar opposite and it has the opposite effect on all males who are programmed the same way internally are double revulsed. Borat and Bruno make good fun of this and perhaps some of the cultural differences from US and Europe (though both scripts suck).

Anyway, those two picures aren't great comparisons but they are perfect for your point. A kiss between two men is nowhere near as repulsive as the image that the other picture brings to mind. How often do you even see a man do that to a woman in a peformance on network tv? I think an over the top sexual gay act gets more leeway than an over the top straight act on national tv.
__________________
I am not a sinner because I commit sins; rather, I commit sins because I am a sinner-- it's in my nature. Would you be convicted in court of being Christian? Happiness is shared. Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be. COME HERE SON!
St. PJ is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #144
Go to hell, Carolina!
 
TulsaSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1997
Location: Durham, NC
Age: 35
Posts: 7,241
TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysmyhero View Post
IMO, homosexuality, gender issues, etc are clearly the result of a genetic defect ONLY the vast majority of the time. In the past, I have seen TOO MANY children, especially males, at the ages of 5-6 and above, who showed cleared signs of their future sexuality preference.

Think about your sexual preference. Think about all those uncontrollable urges you have beteen the ages of 13-21. I just do not see how anyone would choose to go against or would be capable of going against the nature of a drive so strong, which may be 2nd only to your drive to survive.
There are also people who didn't show any signs of this "defect" (is being left-handed a defect too?) at 5 or 6 who end up being gay or bi. (Not as often transgender.) I think very little in our lives is the sole product of genes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintman2884
Which means their is only thing remaining for me to do: You must start the Revolution without Me. For I'm to be gone at some point in this life, as we all destined to be, you must gather your strengths, use your wits and cunning to infiltrate this system and take it over.
TulsaSaint is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #145
Very Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 44
Posts: 12,908
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSaint View Post
There are also people who didn't show any signs of this "defect" (is being left-handed a defect too?) at 5 or 6 who end up being gay or bi. (Not as often transgender.) I think very little in our lives is the sole product of genes.
I don't think he meant "defect" in the bad way, Tulsa. Maybe "anomaly" would be better. Although in looking through a dictionary and thesaurus, I find it interesting that all our words to describe something that is not thoroughly "standard" seem to have a negative connotation except for the word "unique." I'm sure this feature of our language goes to that deep human trait of being afraid of anything different. As a student of language, have you found other languages are less negative in describing things or behaviors that aren't majority?

I also agree that genetics and hormones are not the sole factor in our life choices, but I do believe they are very powerful things that drive us. I think some people spend a lot of time in their conscious mind trying to override their subconscious mind which is our true selves. Those things we feel and do and believe automatically without regard to logic and convention.
KardiacKat is offline Reply With Quote


1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #146
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
 
cdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1997
Location: ......
Posts: 22,654
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSaint View Post
(is being left-handed a defect too?)
Yes, they die at an earlier age on average, bunch of freaks.
__________________
cdogg is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #147
Very Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 44
Posts: 12,908
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg View Post
Yes, they die at an earlier age on average, bunch of freaks.
Not to mention that strange way they curl their hands around to write. Creepy.
KardiacKat is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #148
Subscribing Member
 
Blodaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Inyokern
Age: 48
Posts: 2,707
Blodaksen has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg View Post
Yes, they die at an earlier age on average, bunch of freaks.
Left-handedness is a fairly common trait in Norway. And Norwegian women are some of the longest-lived people on this planet.
__________________
Blodaksen is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #149
Subscribing Member
 
Blodaksen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Inyokern
Age: 48
Posts: 2,707
Blodaksen has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardiacKat View Post
Not to mention that strange way they curl their hands around to write. Creepy.
Handist.
__________________
Blodaksen is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #150
Very Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 44
Posts: 12,908
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
KardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger ClubKardiacKat 60K Burger Club
Now that this thread has taken yet another tangent, I think that the reason so many lefties seem to be so clever and creative is because they live in a right-handed world and have to adapt to everything being opposite of what feels natural to them.
KardiacKat is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #151
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
 
cdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1997
Location: ......
Posts: 22,654
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardiacKat View Post
Now that this thread has taken yet another tangent, I think that the reason so many lefties seem to be so clever and creative is because they live in a right-handed world and have to adapt to everything being opposite of what feels natural to them.
Well, the technical reason is because when you use your left hand, you are using the right side of your brain, and that is the artistic side, so it become more dominant, therefore, they tend to be more inclined to the arts.
__________________
cdogg is offline Reply With Quote


Old 11-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #152
Subscribing Member
 
St. PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 7,599
St. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true Saint
St. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true SaintSt. PJ is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardiacKat View Post
Now that this thread has taken yet another tangent, I think that the reason so many lefties seem to be so clever and creative is because they live in a right-handed world and have to adapt to everything being opposite of what feels natural to them.
Not only that, but we're always in our right mind.
__________________
I am not a sinner because I commit sins; rather, I commit sins because I am a sinner-- it's in my nature. Would you be convicted in court of being Christian? Happiness is shared. Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be. COME HERE SON!
St. PJ is offline Reply With Quote


reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.



Saintsreport.com - New Orleans Saints News, Info & Community! All marks, logos and images related to the Saints are the property of the New Orleans Saints, the NFL and NFL Properties. We are in no way affiliated with the New Orleans Saints or the NFL. All commentary and original artwork, 1997-2014 SaintsReport.com, owned and operated by Andrus Whitewing, DBA Saints Report,LLC. All rights reserved. Copying of original columns prohibited without a return link and credit given. Teasing articles is ok.



Some of the Photos and pictures used throughout the site are copyright Michael C. Hebert and are used with the permission of Michael C. Hebert and the New Orleans Saints.




Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0