New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Okay,who brought the dog?

Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Chicago style pizza

I live in Slidell and I can't find a place that serves this style. Any of you all know of a great pizza place that serves it. I like Tower Of Pizza but I haven't found chicago style.

Also any good pizza places in general?

Old 08-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Most excellent!

THENZA is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
THENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Mo's in Westwego has the best pizza I've ever had. And in the Spring, they have Abita Strawberry on tap!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
El Monaco. Monticello, NY.

You asked, dude.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Sec117 Row26

Khan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Khan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
the Original Papa's Pizza in Kenner is the best pizza I've ever had, but they don't do Chicago style...
Khan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
Chicago style pizza is not good.

10 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Pro-Bowler

hockey2112 is marching in
hockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching inhockey2112 is marching in
That's Amore pizza in Kenner off of West Esplanade near Clearview is the best I have found in town. Very good!
hockey2112 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
...if you like saxophones

gaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to behold
gaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to behold
i also live in Slidell, and i also prefer Chicago-style pizza by far. i do not care for thin-crust pizza. i insist on spending local whenever possible, and while i love Pizza Hut's deep-dish style, it's not spending local.

i look forward to some useful response, even if it's just one. All we have in Slidell (that i know of) is Neely's, and Fox's. There was some local place on Brownswitch but i have heard nothing good about it and am unsure if it's still there. i also don't know if Pizza Depot on East Gause is still open.

i'll go as far as New Orleans, or maybe Covington/Mandeville ... if the pizza's good enough to justify that traffic nightmare.

Wess Bank or Kennah Brah is getting pretty far into the outer planets.
gaminerie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
Sec117 Row26

Khan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Khan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKhan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
Chicago style pizza is not good.
I've been to Giordano's a couple times and find it nauseating... too much cheese.
Khan is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #9
Schlägertruppen

helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan View Post

Also any good pizza places in general?
It isnt chicago style, but Theo's Pizza @ 4218 Magazine and their other location @ 4024 Canal Street are damn tasty as are both Slice Pizza locations: 5538 Magazine and the other at 1513 St Charles.

Noli non legitime carbor undem est
helofixer is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
Specialty Pizza on Robert Rd. used to be the best pizza in Slidell. I left Slidell 15 years ago and the last few times I went back there over the years I didn't see it there anymore so either they closed or moved. It wasn't Chicago style, but it was damn good. They made the dough fresh everyday, only used provalone cheese, had a great blackened shrimp pizza, awesome calzone's, artichoke cheese bread, artichoke pizza (1 in three pizza's ordered was artichoke), they had a BLT pizza that when it came out the oven we would add the lettuce, tomato and mayo on top. Damn, that place was good.
harschman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #11
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by harschman View Post
Specialty Pizza on Robert Rd. used to be the best pizza in Slidell. I left Slidell 15 years ago and the last few times I went back there over the years I didn't see it there anymore so either they closed or moved. It wasn't Chicago style, but it was damn good. They made the dough fresh everyday, only used provalone cheese, had a great blackened shrimp pizza, awesome calzone's, artichoke cheese bread, artichoke pizza (1 in three pizza's ordered was artichoke), they had a BLT pizza that when it came out the oven we would add the lettuce, tomato and mayo on top. Damn, that place was good.
You just shot yourself in the foot. I've heard about "great" pizza, gone to try it, and found them putting a single cheese on it (american? please) For a good pie, you've got to use a blend. Provalone, yes, but mozzarella, and some white cheddar (romano is better, but expensive). Adjust those three to find the blend that tastes right for you. You were right about the dough, however. The quality of the dough makes or breaks a pizza joint. So many think it's all about the toppings. Everybody knows that if you wanna build anything, you've gotta give it a good foundation.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #12
Very Banned

Lon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true Saint
Lon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true Saint
Got a large cast iron skillet?

Lon Huang is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
...if you like saxophones

gaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to behold
gaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to beholdgaminerie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon Huang View Post
Got a large cast iron skillet?

Now see here, you. if i wanted to keep making my own pizza the way my mom makes it, i wouldn't be looking to call out and pay 500+% markup for it
gaminerie is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2010, 03:29 AM   #14
Very Banned

Lon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true Saint
Lon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true SaintLon Huang is a true Saint
trouché
Lon Huang is offline Reply With Quote