Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
Crawfish price hike excuse for 2014...

And the winner is.....!!! Go Figure... Too Cold...!!!

Cold winter hard on Louisiana crawfish farmers | NOLA.com

Quote:
"I think it's fair to say that when we get to Mardi Gras and we get to Easter, we're definitely going to be behind what we would be in a normal season. There'll still be crawfish available. But I think people are going to have to plan a lot better to make sure they have crawfish on those weekends when they want them," he said Wednesday.
It's funny how this guy is basically talking about Lent when most of the pricing gets hiked... then drops after Easter... Who knew....?

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
party lamp

buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
buzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Memberbuzd Prestigious Gold Club Member
The cold is only supposed to delay the crawfish, not hurt the crop. it will definitely hurt the prices in the short term, though.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
you must chill

Location: Metairie- Mandeville (MHS) - Uptown - Alexandria VA
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
The cold is only supposed to delay the crawfish, not hurt the crop. it will definitely hurt the prices in the short term, though.
We should have gone with our plan to buy crawfish futures.

superchuck500 is offline Reply With Quote

11 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Saint Fanatic

NCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I have always said that Crawfishermen are the smartest fisherman on the planet.

Too much rain
Not enough rain
Too cold

Hey it's hard work...don't blame them one bit!
NCSaint is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
They sure are selling them earlier this year.

since my boy was born!
jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
you must chill

Location: Metairie- Mandeville (MHS) - Uptown - Alexandria VA
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSaint View Post

Too much rain
Not enough rain
Too cold
Have you ever heard a commercial fisherman of any kind not have anything to complain about? It's always something . . .
superchuck500 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
How did their ponds freeze over if the average temperature in Louisiana hasn't been below freezing for any sustained amount of time?

Are these ponds in Fargo, North Dakota? or did they mix some liquid nitrogen in with their ponds?

coldseat is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
Token White Guy

msu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to all
msu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to allmsu_cannon is a name known to all
it's true..crawfish are scarce right now. i'm running my own traps for Sunday, but a few people will be selling live crawfish over the weekend in south la. (particularly rice fields between laffy and lake chuck). now whether you wanna spend $4-5/lb is up to you.
msu_cannon is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
Hall-of-Famer

saint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:

Too much rain
Not enough rain
Too cold

Hey it's hard work...don't blame them one bit!
Like it or not your above mentioned reasons all do have a negative effect on crawfish. Espeacially when talking about crawfish being pulled out of the Basin.

And if you don't think it's hard work go get with a crawfisherman at the beggining of the season when you have to set the traps. Better have some good gloves available if you value the skin between your fingers.
saint_cajun78 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
Saint Fanatic

NCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNCSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_cajun78 View Post
Like it or not your above mentioned reasons all do have a negative effect on crawfish. Espeacially when talking about crawfish being pulled out of the Basin.

And if you don't think it's hard work go get with a crawfisherman at the beggining of the season when you have to set the traps. Better have some good gloves available if you value the skin between your fingers.
Where in my post do you see me saying it isn't hard work?? Not only did I compliment them as the smartest fishermen on earth but explicitly stated it was hard work and that I don't blame them!!
NCSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

saint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_cajun78 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Where in my post do you see me saying it isn't hard work?? Not only did I compliment them as the smartest fishermen on earth but explicitly stated it was hard work and that I don't blame them!!
My bad thought you might be being sarcastic. Sorry.
saint_cajun78 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
ok well i just got quote at $4.59/lb LIVE.

it was $6.59/lb boiled ( i had to ask )

Holy cow.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
While that might be accurate it seems like the Crawfish Farmers have studied the Oil Speculators book of "How to Create an Unstable Product Market While Ensuring Record Profits".

A significant portion of our fan base does not deserve Brees or Payton. They spend too much time complaining instead of enjoying the best era of Saints football.

Last edited by Rugger; 02-25-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #14
Football Genius

Bayouboy is a jewel in the rough
Bayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the roughBayouboy is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Predict the Score Winner 

Capitalism at it's finest! If there's enough demand for crawfish at $4/lb. live, the crawfish folks will gladly supply it.