Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #181
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

jtampasaint is a splendid one to beholdjtampasaint is a splendid one to beholdjtampasaint is a splendid one to behold
jtampasaint is a splendid one to beholdjtampasaint is a splendid one to behold
Dont know how much a dui will cost you in other states, but in Tampa fl..It'll cost you $13,000 when all is done......

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #182
that's why you're here

amused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
amused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Fameramused is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Wizard , you have delusions of grandeur . I have an acquaintance named Barry with twenty two (yes 22) DUI convictions (yes , that's just the convictions) and he has a valid GA license … I would have thought you'd have cumulatively reached the death penalty or become your attorney's indentured servant before that , but it's Georgia , so ...
amused is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #183
Hijacked a rainbow

LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
hey, wizard1183 made it onto nola.com

(MORE, WITH PIC)

Driver booked with fourth DWI in five months after Metairie crash | NOLA.com
he blew under the legal limit, though.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #184
Very Banned

wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN H20Girl View Post
he blew under the legal limit, though.
Not I babe!
wizard1183 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #185

Jetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura aboutJetsfan115 has a spectacular aura about
mine cost about 2500 and 7500 in lawyer fees
Jetsfan115 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #186
I Must Break You

saint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Member
saint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Membersaint_drago Prestigious Gold Club Member
Wow, how did I miss this thread? I did a search for field sobriety tests and this came up. I have never shook my head more while reading a thread on SR.com.

Anyway I was pulled over recently for swerving to avoid a car that drifted into my lane. Turns out the car that drifted into my lane was a state trooper. He turned around and pulled me over, told me he observed me drifting off the road onto the shoulder. I was like yeah cause I thought you were going to hit me. That didn't sit well with him and then it was on like donkey kong.

He went through the "have you been drinking" and I said of course not. He then goes, "you can tell me man, I'm here to help. How much have you had to drink." I told him I hadn't been drinking at all but he wasn't trying to here that noise.

So then the magic show starts, I call it the magic show because there's a lot of quick talking, flashing lights, slight of hand, and tricks. The trooper started asking A LOT of questions really fast like he was trying to catch me up in a lie or see if I would fumble my words I guess. Then a flash light appears above my head and I have to follow a finger with my eyes without moving my head. Then I have to take 9 steps heel to toe on an imaginary tight rope while counting out loud. Then take 9 steps back on that same tight rope counting out loud. Then I have to do a Karate Kid type Crane move and stand on one leg while holding the other out and moving my foot up and down counting out loud.

I was on my way to the store so I had flip flops on so I had to do all the tricks bare foot on a Louisiana road. LA roads are the most uneven, cracked, deformed roads in the US. Also I had been in a 4 wheeler wreck the day before (note: never let your girlfriend drive a 4 wheeler) so my hip, shoulder, and back were jacked up.

Long story short the trooper said I took too many steps on the 9 step tight rope (note: when you first put one foot ahead of the other heel to toe that counts as the first step. I thought that was just the starting position). Then he said my eyes looked suspect while following his finger with the flashlight in my face. That test is BS, the trooper would move his finger like 4 feet out of your field of vision from side to side, and then up and down and all around! I did well on the Karate Kid stance though.

So then came the blowing. He asked if I had ever blew up a balloon. At this point I was pretty mad so I said, "yeah all the time, who doesn't". Anyway I blew a nothing.nothing and I was back on my way to the store.

I didn't know it at the time but I didn't even have to do those tricky tests or blow. Going forward I will never take another field sobriety test because they are designed for failure. I'll blow in the machine but no more dog and pony shows.

Have any of you guys had the pleasure of taking a field sobriety test?
saint_drago is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #187
ALL. THE. WAY.

jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
jrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saintjrdbrn is a true Saint
Shoulda just let the ******* hit you.

jrdbrn is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #188
Super Forum Fanatic

jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

So I wonder what ever happened to Bayouman007.....did the DUI stick?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #189
NFL Fan

Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
Shoulda just let the ******* hit you.
I have actually had that happen and guess what, I went to jail for it.
Surviving Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #190
Subscribing Member

staphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Member
staphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Memberstaphory Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_drago View Post
I didn't know it at the time but I didn't even have to do those tricky tests or blow. Going forward I will never take another field sobriety test because they are designed for failure. I'll blow in the machine but no more dog and pony shows.

Have any of you guys had the pleasure of taking a field sobriety test?
Aren't there consequences for not doing the field sobriety test or the Breathalyzer?
I would fail the field sobriety test because I have nystagmus.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #191
NFL Fan

Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
Surviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true SaintSurviving Saint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by staphory View Post
Aren't there consequences for not doing the field sobriety test or the Breathalyzer?
Tell them you dont wanna. Thats it. End of discussion. Now if you do that you are going to jail but you will be out the next day.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #192
Not as lean, not as mean

mean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
mean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famermean machine is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by staphory View Post
In LA, I don't think there are any consequnces for refusing a field test. But if you refuse the breath test, your license is automatically suspended (6 mos?).

I had a parish cop come verrrrry close to running me off into a very deep ditch. Even though there was virtually no way he could construe it to be my fault, that was my initial fear. Instead, he apologized, and we went our separate ways.
mean machine is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #193
All-Pro

klewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
klewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerklewis33 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Got one back in 06. It sucks. Haven't done it since. I didn't actually refuse a breath test, but I apparently didn't do it correctly and he put down unable to complete breath test. I was kinda screwing up with it on purpose though

Old 04-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #194
NFL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean machine View Post
But if you refuse the breath test, your license is automatically suspended (6 mos?).
This is scare tactics. If you are not convicted why would your license be suspended?

Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #195
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true Saint
Saint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true SaintSaint Sarah is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Saint View Post
This is scare tactics. If you are not convicted why would your license be suspended?
Because if you refuse to submit to testing, it could be until the next day that they can secure a warrant and take a blood sample. People were gaming the system, because by then most, if not all, booze would be out of the system. So they got busted, withheld consent, slept it off in jail and hours later tested clean. No penalty, no punishment, just a night in jail.

Now refusal to take the test triggers the punishment.
Saint Sarah is offline Reply With Quote