Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Super Forum Fanatic

Brown has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouman007 View Post
how do I tell tho, they all promise to have 30+ years experience with dui's and will do all they can do... the price varies so much it is crazy. I know during my divorce I spent 5500 on a retainer fee for a good attourney who basically handed my case to an intern and the intern really only had to show up to court once and everything else was taken care of by my xwife and I... I would hate to put myself in such further debt for an attorney who won't do anything. I feel like I am trying to buy a car from a used car dealership and they are the salesmen...
My experience is that with lawyers, you are best to not go cheap.
I learned the hard way.
I wish i had a recommendation for you but i don't.

www.christmasjars.com
Brown is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
"Better Days"

Joe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true Saint
Joe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true SaintJoe OKC is a true Saint
Having a lawyer is the best thing that you can do. They sit down to discuss your case with the same prosecuting attorneys that they play golf with and eat lunch with. You'll only be able to approach a judge in your case with no lawyer.

The only way you win against the DMV is if the arresting officer fails to show to your DMV hearing.

If you go to court without a lawyer, it will be your worst move ever. You won;t be found not guilty, or get a deferred ruling or anything... You'll be toasted faster than an Atlanta Cornerback against Drew Brees...

Joe
Joe OKC is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
He didn't make it

OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
OhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true SaintOhioSaintsFan is a true Saint
Don't drink and drive, and this is never a problem.

Hope the lesson is well learned before you do it again and cause an accident.
OhioSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Hijacked a rainbow

LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
Quote:
Well the other night I got pulled over for no front license plate, I had a couple of drinks but I am not sure yet if I am over the limit or not. I opted for the blood test because I heard that blowing in those machines is the worst thing you can do. My buddy who was with me blew a .08 and although he had a bit more to drink than me, he does weigh a bit more than me. They took my license and gave me a temp license I guess until the results come back. On the temp license it says that I have 10 days to ask for a dmv hearing or my license will be suspended 30 days from the time I got it. I travel alot for my job and I am shaking in my boots so bad... I feel like a nervous wreck, if I get asked to go anywhere I will have to rent a car and that could be a problem. I have talked with a few attourneys and their prices range from 2500-8500... that is alot of money for me as I have student loans, child support and just bills still trying to catch up from my divorce... I guess I should get a lawyer but gosh I can't imagine promising to pay someone 5 grand or more if the tests come back negative... I am in a bad spot want to cry
Hang in there. I hope it turns out okay for you. You will feel like crap for awhile over it but things will get better.

I'd wait on the attorney until after the blood test results but I don't know anything about CA DUI laws.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Not as lean, not as mean

mean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Well the other night I got pulled over for no front license plate, I had a couple of drinks but I am not sure yet if I am over the limit or not. I opted for the blood test because I heard that blowing in those machines is the worst thing you can do. My buddy who was with me blew a .08 and although he had a bit more to drink than me, he does weigh a bit more than me. They took my license and gave me a temp license I guess until the results come back. On the temp license it says that I have 10 days to ask for a dmv hearing or my license will be suspended 30 days from the time I got it. I travel alot for my job and I am shaking in my boots so bad... I feel like a nervous wreck, if I get asked to go anywhere I will have to rent a car and that could be a problem. I have talked with a few attourneys and their prices range from 2500-8500... that is alot of money for me as I have student loans, child support and just bills still trying to catch up from my divorce... I guess I should get a lawyer but gosh I can't imagine promising to pay someone 5 grand or more if the tests come back negative... I am in a bad spot want to cry
Not sure I follow this completely. Your license will be suspended even if you don't exceed .08? If so, don't miss the 10 day deadline. Maybe use the $300 guys for that.
mean machine is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #20
Super Forum Fanatic

Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean machine View Post
Not sure I follow this completely. Your license will be suspended even if you don't exceed .08? If so, don't miss the 10 day deadline. Maybe use the $300 guys for that.

yes, I guess it is 2 separate systems, DMV side and the legal side, they do not work together, DMV sees a charge and reacts... I was thinking to just use the cheap guys for the DMV side as well but I hadn't talked with an attorney yet that takes a retainer for just the legal side of things and if I need to pay for the legal side of it... I might as well have the higher priced guy do the DMV side of it as well since I am paying for it anyway? My biggest concern is my job... I will be screwed with no license.
Bayouman007 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
"Better Days"

Quote:
It's kinda misleading.. BUt the Court case and the DMV are two different entities. What's going on is this... He has the 10 or 30 days to recieve a temp License, work permit, anti lock on the car extra... and be approved for all of that. All the while he has to pay for the anti lock installation, monthly upkeep extra... It's a whole extra hearing and can of worms.

Meanwhile. the Legal court is awaiting the results of the Blood test so they will know how to file the charges.. Either Total DUI or a lesser Charge...

Then there will be DUI schools. Psychic Counseling, victim's impact and Driving safety classes.. All at the cost to the defendant...

Joe
Joe OKC is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
ignorance is bliss

kevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
kevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
i had a inmate in a medium place for manslaughter..had his third dui..he ran over a girl near the city of syracuse..or maybe elmira. she was getting off the school bus in the afternoon.

he slit his wrists in prison..couldnt live with himself..and i had a few nightly-late night talks with the fella..white collar..good family man..it happens but some people make very poor decisions in life..

Old 02-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #23
Veteran Starter

Scooter2486 has disabled reputation
Happened to me three years ago. Decided not to blow, had my license suspended for 6 months and I am still paying for it today. It's going to hurt but I suggest you do get a lawyer, because my case was also up in the air for a while due to some things the cops did that were "abnormal" for a dui case. However, I did not want to take the risk, I was lucky to know someone who specialized in those kind of cases. Got the charge reduced to reckless driving, but I am still paying for it today. My insurance jumped 250 dollars a month, I still pay 100 a month for an SR 22, not to mention all the money I spent on defense and the breathilizer.
Scooter2486 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
ignorance is bliss

kevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
kevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famerkevin from buffalo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
and i forgot to add..i drink on occassion now..and i smoke marijuana for scientific medical research but never do i get behind the wheel after doing what i do..never..

i never renewed my DL..been some 4 years now since i drove..i have the bride take me to the supermarket and sunday mass..and the flea market

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Not as lean, not as mean

mean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura about
If your license is suspended, you can get a hardship license. But as Joe mentioned, you will have to get an ignition interlock on your car, and you will not be able to drive a car that does not have one. You mentioned that your job requires you rent cars occasionally. I would assume that will be out the window for the length of your suspension.
mean machine is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #26
Hijacked a rainbow

LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe OKC View Post
It's kinda misleading.. BUt the Court case and the DMV are two different enties. What's going on is this... He has the 10 or 30 days to recieve a temp License, work permit, anti lock on the car extra... and be approved for all of that. All the while he has to pay for the anti lock installation, monthly upkeep extra... It's a whole extra hearing and can of worms.

Meanwhile. the Legal court is awaiting the results of the Blood test so they will know how to file the charges.. Either Total DUI or a lesser Charge...

Then there will be DUI schools. Psychic Counseling, victum's impact and Driving saftey classes.. All at the cost to the defendant...

Joe
I think his money would be better spent on the things that he really needs in defending himself.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Hijacked a rainbow

Quote:
If your license is suspended, you can get a hardship license. But as Joe mentioned, you will have to get an ignition interlock on your car, and you will not be able to drive a car that does not have one. You mentioned that your job requires you rent cars occasionally. I would assume that will be out the window for the length of your suspension.
In NC, you don't have to have the interlock unless certain criteria are met.

Also to the OP - when you get your license back during the time between the DMV and the legal case, get yourself a duplicate license. The DUI and license revocation are for your state only. Your right to drive will only be revoked by the state of California. You can drive in every other state in the US (and internationally).

Old 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #28
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

Oh, ok. So, I guess that's one thing you don't have to worry about.

yay for silver linings!

Quote:

I didn't know what to do... they really make it hard for you to think clearly when everything is going on. I thought I was on a tv show they seemed to have 2 flashlights in my face the entire time then a guy comes walking down the street and he was completely covered in blood. After I left my buddy said that the cops were saying they have seen this guy full of blood before and it is from his girlfriend... that is crazy.

are you sure you only had a couple of drinks??

Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote