New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #29
RSF
Very Banned

RSF is on a distinguished roadRSF is on a distinguished roadRSF is on a distinguished roadRSF is on a distinguished road
Richard Smucker is President, Co-CEO, and CFO of The J. M. Smucker Company.
RSF is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #30
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobsdemons View Post
That one is the Specialty plant. They make the Dunkin Donut coffee and the flavored coffee. At my plant on Michoud we make Columbian, Red , French Roast etc.

they make Dunkin Donuts coffee in New Orleans?? Funny, when I lived in California i used to order DD coffee from the East Coast because there are no Dunkin Donuts on the West Coast, and I love their coffee. I had no idea it was made in NOLA.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #31
No White Flags

Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
they make Dunkin Donuts coffee in New Orleans?? Funny, when I lived in California i used to order DD coffee from the East Coast because there are no Dunkin Donuts on the West Coast, and I love their coffee. I had no idea it was made in NOLA.

Actually DD has about 5 brands of coffee in the shop, but Folgers is trying to work a deal to be the exclusive supplier. There is a folgers DD brand for sale in grocery markets.

Doobs
Doobsdemons is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #32
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Actually DD has about 5 brands of coffee in the shop, but Folgers is trying to work a deal to be the exclusive supplier. There is a folgers DD brand for sale in grocery markets.

so are you saying that Folgers currently makes only one "type" of DD coffee? Like they make Hazelnut, another company makes French Vanilla, etc.?

Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #33
#1 Fan

SaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintRob is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I forsee coffee so thick, your spoon will stand up in it.
SaintRob is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #34
Saintastic

Taceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Taceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTaceo is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Ageed to an earlier post Community>Folgers
As a Folgers employee, are you allowed to say this?!?!!?

But I agree with it too.
Taceo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #35
Banned

Webmeistro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintRob View Post
I forsee coffee so thick, your spoon will stand up in it.
With an Aerobie Aeropress, your dream is my reality!
Webmeistro is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2008, 04:39 AM   #36
No White Flags

Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceo View Post
As a Folgers employee, are you allowed to say this?!?!!?

But I agree with it too.
Yep. Why not. I make the stuff. I don't have to drink it. This isn't Russia. Yet.

Doobs

Old 06-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #37
No White Flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
so are you saying that Folgers currently makes only one "type" of DD coffee? Like they make Hazelnut, another company makes French Vanilla, etc.?

They way I understand it (I haven't been into a DD in years) is that DD has, currently, 5 suppliers of coffee for their stores ( and possibly retail?). DD came to us and expressed interest in Folgers being the sole supplier of their coffee. The took a tour of the facilities and, as I have heard, that visit went very well. We shall see. This merger doesn't seem to have upset the possible DD/Folgers alliance, either.

Doobs

Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #38
Rethink Everything

Pure Energy is on a distinguished roadPure Energy is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

I read a news account somewhere on this. One of the proposed new names is Fockers--Folgers and Smuckers.

With a name like Fockers, it has to be _________.
Pure Energy is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
Still P***ed at Yoko

Quote:
They way I understand it (I haven't been into a DD in years) is that DD has, currently, 5 suppliers of coffee for their stores ( and possibly retail?). DD came to us and expressed interest in Folgers being the sole supplier of their coffee. The took a tour of the facilities and, as I have heard, that visit went very well. We shall see. This merger doesn't seem to have upset the possible DD/Folgers alliance, either.
Gotcha. A liittle off-topic-- but do you drive from Lu-ling to NO East every day??

Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #40
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuck500 View Post
You don't necessarily have to increase economies of scale to make an acquisition. They simply may have reviewed the company's financials, evaluated the market, and found it attractive for whatever reason. Maybe they saw inefficiencies in the management or structuring - and believe they can make improvements. It may not really matter that the products aren' that similar.
Right on. There's probably a pension fund to liquidate, brands and patents to be sold and maybe even real estate that can be sold after moving production to Mexico or somewhere else.
dtc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #41
dtc
Patriotic Sin Pillows

Starcastle Champion

dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
dtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Memberdtc Prestigious Gold Club Member
Would it be a good idea for Land o Lakes to buy a cholesterol med?
dtc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #42

Location: Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Connecticut
CT Saints Fan is on a distinguished roadCT Saints Fan is on a distinguished roadCT Saints Fan is on a distinguished roadCT Saints Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtradin View Post
Right on. There's probably a pension fund to liquidate, brands and patents to be sold and maybe even real estate that can be sold after moving production to Mexico or somewhere else.
Good to see your optimism.
CT Saints Fan is offline Reply With Quote