New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Surprise ************!

Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Mama don't know I play Saints Row

Worst commercial ever.

That is all.

EDIT: Found the commercial on youtube :

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro-Bowler

E Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
E Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I played the first Saints Row. It sucked so bad I quit after 15 minutes and I never had the urge to try any of the other Saints Rowsssssss
E Pluribus Unum is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
UNSOBER

whodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Club
whodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Clubwhodatfever 40K Burger Club
This game, even during it's advertising campaign, never hid the fact that it sucked. That was actually very considerate of it.
whodatfever is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Surprise ************!

Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
I played the first Saints Row. It sucked so bad I quit after 15 minutes and I never had the urge to try any of the other Saints Rowsssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
This game, even during it's advertising campaign, never hid the fact that it sucked. That was actually very considerate of it.
This is 100% true. I bought the first two Saints Row games and only played each for like one day. The previous commercials make them look like a quality game that is similar to the greatness that is Grand Theft Auto, but they each come nowhere close.

This new commercial however fits the game just fine.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura aboutSaintsfan22 has a spectacular aura about
I tried the second one yes its okay but,to me it feels just like one big Grand Theft Auto Knockoff IMO
Saintsfan22 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Tartar Sauce!!!

St. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
St. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt. Greatness is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I played both (and own the second one). To me, it's the other way around. GTA should have been what Saints Row is. GTA IV went off on the whole "realism" tangent and forgot about actually making the game fun (like GTA: San Andreas was). SR, while graphically inferior and less "realistic", was much more enjoyable with all of the wacky and unrealistic things you can do. I actually like that commercial and plan on getting SR:TT.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
I am 100% human

49erKiller is marching in
49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in49erKiller is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. Greatness View Post
i played both (and own the second one). To me, it's the other way around. Gta should have been what saints row is. Gta iv went off on the whole "realism" tangent and forgot about actually making the game fun (like gta: San andreas was). Sr, while graphically inferior and less "realistic", was much more enjoyable with all of the wacky and unrealistic things you can do. I actually like that commercial and plan on getting sr:tt.
exactly!
49erKiller is online now Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

E Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
E Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of FamerE Pluribus Unum is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Greatness View Post
GTA should have been what Saints Row is.
What is something an insane person would say?

I'll take World History for $200, Alex.

E Pluribus Unum is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
...from a chicken, bugwit

blackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Club
blackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Clubblackadder 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
Worst commercial ever.

That is all.
A bad reaction is better than no reaction at all.

You remembered the commercial, and were compelled to comment in social media.

They were successful.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
blackadder is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
d0pe

p0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
p0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famerp0pe is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
I played both (and own the second one). To me, it's the other way around. GTA should have been what Saints Row is. GTA IV went off on the whole "realism" tangent and forgot about actually making the game fun (like GTA: San Andreas was). SR, while graphically inferior and less "realistic", was much more enjoyable with all of the wacky and unrealistic things you can do. I actually like that commercial and plan on getting SR:TT.
Agreed. Vice City was awesome, and after that they got more realistic and not as fun.
p0pe is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #11
Surprise ************!

Quote:
Yeah I was not a big fan of GTA IV. I should have been more clear - San Andreas was the main game I was talking about. In fact, I happen to think San Andreas is the greatest non-sports game of all-time. GTA IV, while graphically superior, was not nearly as good. To put it simply, the game was just too easy from start to finish. There was never that challenging mission that took an 3 or 4 sit downs to get past like several of the missions on San Andreas.

Saints Row just doesn't do it for me. All of the missions seem too similar and the unrealistic aspects of it are a tad bit TOO unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
A bad reaction is better than no reaction at all.

You remembered the commercial, and were compelled to comment in social media.

They were successful.
Agreed. This is exactly what I told my wife when we were both complaining about how bad we thought the commercial was...It was has talking about it so it served its purpose.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
space monkey

antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
antipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Memberantipop Prestigious Gold Club Member
i am pretty sure blogshockalaka.com said that the Saints Row games are awful....so it's pretty much a fact

and GTAIV is a fine video game....sure it's not as over the top as the previous GTAs but it was pretty awesome

Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club

Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
Surprise ************!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
i am pretty sure blogshockalaka.com said that the Saints Row games are awful....so it's pretty much a fact

and GTAIV is a fine video game....sure it's not as over the top as the previous GTAs but it was pretty awesome
Never heard of blogshakalaka. What is it?

GTAIV was without question the best graphically. I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as San Andreas. There weren't enough challenging missions. Too many missions felt the same on GTA IV; just a bunch of "shoot em ups."