Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
The Scourge of Christians

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
THE metal thread

Seeing as last one is gone

ALL metal heads should check out a French bands called Kalisia and thier debut Cd "Cybion"

its a 20 part, 70 minute concept album of progressive metal, with synths orchestra feamle vocals, some death meral vocals and clean vocals

truly one of the most ambitious and amazing things Ive heard in years.

www.kalisia.com
or if you search on youtube you can hear about half of the album
Lustmord is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Resident GoldenTee Junkie

Vega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger Club
Vega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger ClubVega$$aint 50K Burger Club
reminds me a lot of green carnation's light of day, day of darkness album.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
GeauxSaints53

Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Xerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of FamerXerxes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Keep an eye out for Suicide Silence's new album "No Time Blood" coming out June 30.

I am pumped for this year's Mayhem Fest lineup:
(in order)

Whitechapel
Black Dahlia Murder
All That Remains
Behemoth
God Forbid
Job for a Cowboy
Trivium
Cannibal Corpse
Bullet for my Valentine
Killswitch Engage
Marilyn Manson
Slayer

(bold = my favs)

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
All-Pro

jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!jboss is a BEAST!
Black Dahlia Murder = best black metal band ever.

I'm stuck on Dillinger Escape Plan right now. I've been listening to old Chimera a lot too.

P.S. It's No Time for Blood. I heard some of it on Liquid Metal and it was decent. Probly won't buy it though.

"And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." - James 1:4
jboss is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

TheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger Club
TheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger ClubTheMike62987 40K Burger Club
The new Isis album is pretty good.
TheMike62987 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #6

Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Lustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger ClubLustmord 50K Burger Club
Picking up the new Isis later today- from the stream it sounds better than "in the absence...", but still no Oceanic

for those interested there is a list to end all lists at teethofthedivine.com today

its 5 favorite metal albums of all time, from (some famous) band members, label execs and the folsk that actually make the metal- its a pretty interesting and exhaustive list

Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Pro-Bowler

IcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enoughIcyColdBlueEyes will become famous soon enough
metal I've been recently listening to:
Therion (various albums)
Evil Masquerade-Welcome To The Show (theatrical prog-metal)
Rage - Speak Of The Dead (has Suite Lingua Mortis w/ full orchestra)
nothing really new, but excellent stuff...

...This aforementioned Kalisia sounds good, I'll have to check them out when I get off work...
IcyColdBlueEyes is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #8

man this last track on Isis's Wavering Radiant, "Threshold of Transformation" is just beautiful

Old 05-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Hall-of-Famer

Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
Mauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to beholdMauer is a splendid one to behold
There's a new Isis out? What am I doing with my life?
Mauer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer View Post
Yeah - came out yesterday- its shimmery

Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer View Post
It's my avatar pic.
bino22_ is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
Veteran

bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!bino22_ is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
man this last track on Isis's Wavering Radiant, "Threshold of Transformation" is just beautiful
I'm still letting this disc sink in, but the last track caught my attention too.

Hey Erik, do you know if you or anybody on Teeth of the Divine is going to review these guys' record, "The Oncoming Swarm"?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino22_ View Post
I'm still letting this disc sink in, but the last track caught my attention too.

Hey Erik, do you know if you or anybody on Teeth of the Divine is going to review these guys' record, "The Oncoming Swarm"?

Not unless they sent it the CD to me (which they have not) of the PO box

sounds like decent Converge styled stuff

ill shoot em a myspace add and get in touch

Old 05-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustmord View Post
Not unless they sent it the CD to me (which they have not) of the PO box

sounds like decent Converge styled stuff

ill shoot em a myspace add and get in touch
Yeah, they kind of remind me of Trap Them too and I remember you gave their last album a good review so you may like this one.