Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
Boo Boo Bear

geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
While pulling your kids from your and their preferred school for financial reasons is hard for anyone, I can't believe these folks would allow their real names to be used for this article. Jeez.

Mostly it made me feel good about living in New Orleans, especially the 46 year old guy making $350K that is stuck in a 1200 sg ft rental in Brooklyn with no dishwasher. I love NYC, but the quality of life for anyone not in the .0001% is pretty crappy. I bought a 1200 sq ft shotgun down here at age 26. With a dishwasher.

As an aside, these stories show some very postive news for people that are obsessed with income inequality - the richest among us have seen their incomes slashed in recent years, much moreso than the rest of the population - inequality is back to where it was in the 90s. Hooray!
It won't matter if he does find an 1,800 sq ft place. He will still have to do dishes by hand because NYC does not allow dishwashers in rentals. Poor guy.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
Super Forum Fanatic

bozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to behold
bozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to beholdbozoka45 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxboy View Post
It won't matter if he does find an 1,800 sq ft place. He will still have to do dishes make enough money to pay someone to do his dishes by hand because NYC does not allow dishwashers in rentals. Poor guy.
ftfy. Sorry I don't feel sorry for any of these clowns.
bozoka45 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #17
Hijacked a rainbow

LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
Quote:
It won't matter if he does find an 1,800 sq ft place. He will still have to do dishes by hand because NYC does not allow dishwashers in rentals. Poor guy.
What??? Why is that?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Boo Boo Bear

geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
geauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famergeauxboy is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN H20Girl View Post
What??? Why is that?
No washing machines either. It pretty much boils down to two things.

1. Landlords are tired of repairing massive water damage when they leak. You would be surprised by the ignorance of tenants when it comes to being responsible in NYC. Sometimes they even leave the apt and come back later only to find neighbors breaking their door down to get the flooding to stop.

2. My landlord told me about the laundromats pressuring lawmakers so they can get the monopoly on washing clothes.

NYC is pretty dang cool, but they have laws around here that are borderline Mafia-esk.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
Practice Squad

LSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger Club
LSSpam 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

That actually made me feel better. These people, they aren't better off. Well most aren't. For instance

Quote:
"The malaise is shared by Schiff, the New York-based marketing director for Euro Pacific Capital, where his brother is CEO. His family rents the lower duplex of a brownstone in Cobble Hill, where his two children share a room. His 10-year- old daughter is a student at $32,000-a-year Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn. His son, 7, will apply in a few years.

“I can’t imagine what I’m going to do,” Schiff said. “I’m crammed into 1,200 square feet. I don’t have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand.”

He wants 1,800 square feet -- “a room for each kid, three bedrooms, maybe four,” he said. “Imagine four bedrooms. You have the luxury of a guest room, how crazy is that?”
Vegas, Ibiza

The family rents a three-bedroom summer house in Connecticut and will go there again this year for one month instead of four. Schiff said he brings home less than $200,000 after taxes, health-insurance and 401(k) contributions. The closing costs, renovation and down payment on one of the $1.5 million 17-foot-wide row houses nearby, what he called “the low rung on the brownstone ladder,” would consume “every dime” of the family’s savings, he said.

“I wouldn’t want to whine,” Schiff said. “All I want is the stuff that I always thought, growing up, that successful parents had.” "
When you consider the money he pretty much just blows, he's pretty much making less to live in a crappier home where the cost of living is exponentially higher then a lot of people I know here in the south. The same is true for many of the people described.

Basically their life sucks. Down south you can make 120k - 180k, but for your trouble you get 3100 sq ft houses with 5 acres and 4 horses.

Those people are, frankly, idiots.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
Hijacked a rainbow

LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
LKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true SaintLKN H20Girl is a true Saint
Quote:
No washing machines either. It pretty much boils down to two things.

1. Landlords are tired of repairing massive water damage when they leak. You would be surprised by the ignorance of tenants when it comes to being responsible in NYC. Sometimes they even leave the apt and come back later only to find neighbors breaking their door down to get the flooding to stop.

2. My landlord told me about the laundromats pressuring lawmakers so they can get the monopoly on washing clothes.

NYC is pretty dang cool, but they have laws around here that are borderline Mafia-esk.
That must be some shoddy plumbing to have leaks like that. My house is 12 years old and knock on wood has never had a leak from the dishwasher.

And washing clothes in a laudomat makes my skin crawl. You don't know whose icky stuff was in there before yours.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
Practice Squad

LSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger ClubLSSpam 40K Burger Club
LSSpam 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
Mostly it made me feel good about living in New Orleans, especially the 46 year old guy making $350K that is stuck in a 1200 sg ft rental in Brooklyn with no dishwasher. I love NYC, but the quality of life for anyone not in the .0001% is pretty crappy. I bought a 1200 sq ft shotgun down here at age 26. With a dishwasher.

That's the jist of what I got from the article. Life down south is way more awesome.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb504 View Post

Mo' money, mo' problems.

No money, ALL problems.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSSpam View Post

he's pretty much making less to live in a crappier home where the cost of living is exponentially higher then a lot of people I know here in the south. The same is true for many of the people described.

Basically their life sucks. Down south you can make 120k - 180k, but for your trouble you get 3100 sq ft houses with 5 acres and 4 horses.

Quote:

That's the jist of what I got from the article. Life down south is way more awesome.

no offense dude, but not everyone thinks like you... Most New Yorkers would probably think you're nuts because you have to put up with living in Mississippi in order to afford more square feet and some land... Personally, i'm somewhere in the middle-- i'm a big city guy, but i live in a large Southern city so that i can afford more and be close to home... But to each his own; i can definitely see the appeal of a place like NYC, and i can see why a lot of people put up with a ton of hassle and expense to live there and have access to all of the nightlife, 24 hr restaurants of all ethnicities within a 3 block walk, Broadway, Central Park, etc., etc., etc. that you just can't get anywhere else.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #25
Boo Boo Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN H20Girl View Post
That must be some shoddy plumbing to have leaks like that. My house is 12 years old and knock on wood has never had a leak from the dishwasher.

And washing clothes in a laudomat makes my skin crawl. You don't know whose icky stuff was in there before yours.
Shoddy decades old plumbing for sure.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
Hijacked a rainbow

Quote:
Shoddy decades old plumbing for sure.

What about garbage disposals? Please say that you can have those!

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
That actually made me feel better. These people, they aren't better off. Well most aren't. For instance

When you consider the money he pretty much just blows, he's pretty much making less to live in a crappier home where the cost of living is exponentially higher then a lot of people I know here in the south. The same is true for many of the people described.

ego and prestige my friend.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepoursaints View Post
that is one of the funniest photos ive ever seen.

"MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmannn how this one got in here"?

oh that is priceless.