New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #57
Pro-Bowler

whodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to behold
whodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to beholdwhodatjoe is a splendid one to behold
The refineries are even at full capacity are they?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #58
No White Flags

Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
Doobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to beholdDoobsdemons is a splendid one to behold
98% so yes increasing production will have little effect. We need more refineries. In the 70's we had about 300, we have less than half of that now.

Doobs
Doobsdemons is online now Reply With Quote

Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #59
May contain 10% Ethanol
Railway Line Champion

Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobsdemons View Post
98% so yes increasing production will have little effect. We need more refineries. In the 70's we had about 300, we have less than half of that now.
I seem to recall some rumor that we are not allowed to build newer, modern refineries. Anyone know the truth of the matter so I can be lazy?

Days since Sean Payton was freed.
Denzien is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #60
Hall-of-Famer

moe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
moe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famermoe1967 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzien View Post
I seem to recall some rumor that we are not allowed to build newer, modern refineries. Anyone know the truth of the matter so I can be lazy?
Don't know about that, but the time the U.S. built a functioning refinery in the U.S. was 1976!

That's ridiculous.

I also believe in the post above that stated that the "Wall Street" boys buy up the majority of the futures, Which in turn controls prices. Makes all the sense in the world. Those greedy Aholes are getting filthy rich, while we are getting screwed. The really sad part is that there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.
All the politicians' pockets are lined.
moe1967 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
XLIV + 9 = Super Bowl
Tetris Champion

Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!Clarkey is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
Oh, you people in Canada, with your special systems of measurement, expecting everyone else to understand both of them or at least the one that's easy and makes more sense than the other even to first graders

12 inches in a foot, three feet in a yard, 120 yards in a football field, and we measure the length of everything bigger than that in "football fields"

I don't understand why you can't all get with the program

You Canadians with all your ones and zeroes, pfft
Quite the dance partners you have there in the 'states.

Metric system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clarkey is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #62
GIF GOD

BobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club Member
BobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBobE Prestigious Gold Club Member
Warren Sapp ‏ @QBKILLA Close
Told Y'all! lockerz.com/s/190802964

BobE is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #63
May contain 10% Ethanol
Railway Line Champion

Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1967 View Post
Don't know about that, but the time the U.S. built a functioning refinery in the U.S. was 1976!

That's ridiculous.
Apparently it's a myth, so nevermind

Days since Sean Payton was freed.
Denzien is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #64
Subscribing Member

bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
Gas isn't going to hit $5 a gallon and if you guys are so sure it is then go dump your money in oil or gas futures like this article would like. Every time we start hearing these crazy high gas price predictions it usually means that oil is coming up on a short term high and Wall St. is looking for investors to put money into oil so they can get out before it starts going back down.
5 weeks after this article, gas hit a short term high and prices began to fall. A little more than 3 months later I find myself filling up at $2.99 a gallon.

So after doing some research on the writer that wrote the article linked in the first post found some interesting stuff.

Paul Ausick is the senior writer for Hoffman Marketing Communications. Hoffman specializes in marketing by the use of commercial white papers. A commercial white paper is an advertisement that is written with the intent of pushing a theme or agenda without the reader knowing. It is an advertisement written in disquise as an article.

So lets say a investment firm has a large amount of oil they are wanting to sell. They (and a few other firms) go to Hoffman and other similar marketers and hire them to write these "white papers" with the sole intention of trying to get more people investing in oil. They then write "articles" talking about how gas is going to surely hit $5+ a gallon. People think they are reading a news article and think the article makes some good points and go out and invest money in oil. At first the price of oil begins to go up. This was the goal all along with the investment firm. They have propped the price of their investment up and then begin to dump their holdings back on to the market for a nice profit. Because of this, oil begins to drop since there is more volume towards selling than buying and the reader that invested the money in oil and realized early small profits is left holding the bill as oil plummets back down.

Obviously there are other factors at work, particularly in oil but it is where the these "oil speculators" are doing something wrong IMO. Of course nobody is mad at them when they are driving the prices back down so they can get back in cheap and start the process over.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

12 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #65
waste of paint

FuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
FuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFuzzyDunlop is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
5 weeks after this article, gas hit a short term high and prices began to fall. A little more than 3 months later I find myself filling up at $2.99 a gallon.

So after doing some researcher on the writer that wrote the article linked in the first post found some interesting stuff.

Paul Ausick is the senior writer for Hoffman Marketing Communications. Hoffman specializes in marketing by the use of commercial white papers. A commercial white paper is an advertisement that is written with the intent of pushing a theme or agenda without the reader knowing. It is an advertisement written in disquise as an article.

So lets say a investment firm has a large amount of oil they are wanting to sell. They (and a few other firms) go to Hoffman and other similar marketers and hire them to write these "white papers" with the sole intention of trying to get more people investing in oil. They then write "articles" talking about how gas is going to surely hit $5+ a gallon. People think they are reading a news article and think the article makes some good points and go out and invest money in oil. At first the price of oil begins to go up. This was the goal all along with the investment firm. They have propped the price of their investment up and then begin to dump their holdings back on to the market for a nice profit. Because of this, oil begins to drop since there is more volume towards selling than buying and the reader that invested the money in oil and realized early small profits is left holding the bill as oil plummets back down.

Obviously there are other factors at work, particularly in oil but it is where the these "oil speculators" are doing something wrong IMO. Of course nobody is mad at them when they are driving the prices back down so they can get back in cheap and start the process over.
Very interesting. Thanks for writing all of that out.
FuzzyDunlop is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #66
I can has road win?

Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature.
Devildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club Member
Devildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:

So after doing some research on the writer that wrote the article linked in the first post found some interesting stuff.

Which is why I think they should be drug out the back door and shot.

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #67
Subscribing Member

Blodaksen has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzien View Post
Apparently it's a myth, so nevermind
Now that is one eye-opening article. Thanks for the link!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
we are being toyed with, all of us.

i can't wait for a time, hopefully only a few yrs away, when there are a plethora of hybrid and electric vehicles to choose from that are decent and affordable.

before someone feels the need to point out to me that we will never be completely 'off' of oil in our lifetime-- i am aware of that, and i agree.. but i will still enjoy the hell out of my 50-100mpg/range vehicle.
Mr. Blue Sky is online now Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #69
Port,Sharp,Greer!DBs Baby

steltz02 is marching in
steltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching in
wohhooo!! $10 gas. Let's break our dependence on foreign oil!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
Very Banned

wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherfordRob View Post
Nah. I just bought my Camaro SS two weeks ago and the fun factor is well worth the price of gas.
This! It can go up to 10$ a gallon. I might drive my camaro less, but i'll still guzzle and burn it. My suggestion is to learn and invest in oil futures. They trying to bring the country like europe with the nation using small eco friendly vehicles. But I can assure you, if we all went green and bought little go carts, gas would still be the same price. They have to keep making billions in profit right? And if everyone went to electric? Theyll raise the price of electricity since itd become a fuel. Its not inflation, its profit. So do all you want to try and save gas, but prices will steadily climb. We'll have a a couple times where theres a drop in the market, but energy will ALWAYS rise.
wizard1183 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.