New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Very Banned

Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!
Sean Payton chews tobacco?

In the 3rd quarter, they have a shot of him on crutches in pregame, then they cut to a scene of him in the booth. He picks up a paper cut & spits into it, at first I'm thinking "Sunflower seeds" but you can tell it's brown/black spit, not seed shells. He appears to reposition the 'wad' of tobacco back into his lip with his tongue. Really a non-story, I just never knew he chewed. I never seen him on the sidelines with a dip in. It may not have been chewing tobacco, but it certainly looked like it.
Saints1990 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
Tailgating Enthusiast

mrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
mrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famermrbeebe228 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
At least 60% of players and coaches either use snuff or chew, at least in all the circles I've been around on the high school and collegiate level. I'm pretty sure a lot of nfl players and coaches do.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
Very Banned

Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!Saints1990 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeebe228 View Post
At least 60% of players and coaches either use snuff or chew, at least in all the circles I've been around on the high school and collegiate level. I'm pretty sure a lot of nfl players and coaches do.
I agree. It's just the only player I've ever seen dipping on the sideline (coaches included) was Shockey back in '09. Maybe that's why Payton has such a love for gum? A lot of smokers/chewers I know use gum to hold their cravings over. He may not want it to be publicly known as some have shame about their habits (smoking/chewing).
Saints1990 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
WWBD?
Simon Champion

SouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura about
The only player that I can remember actually use a cup for sunflower seeds is Drew Brees. He actually had the bag held against the cup and spit the seeds into the cup far enough away that you could see the seeds. Most players spit into the cup with their lips close or touching to the cup, and no sunflower bag visible so I usually just assume its dip.

I was also surprised to see Sean Payton use chewing tobacco, I dont know why it surprised me the only thing I can guess is because he was soooo picky about his juicy fruit gum ritual.
SouthernSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
Saints Addict

Surviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to behold
Surviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to beholdSurviving Saint is a splendid one to behold
I'm gonna take a dip right now in honor of Coach Payton.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
"Skoal Brotha".....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Saint View Post
I'm gonna take a dip right now in honor of Coach Payton.
jesus man....atleast wait til 6:30 am.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
He dips Kodiak.

www.christmasjars.com
Brown is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #9
ON MARCH THE SAINTS

ALLSAINTS66 has disabled reputation
He's got the health insurance coverage to deal with lip/mouth/throat cancer.
'Sure hope the rest-a y'all do too. Sorry fellas, but tobacco use ain't "COOL"
just because football players and coaches do it. Think before you put a
bullet in your face that takes 20 years to explode.

ALLSAINTS66 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
Silvergun Superman

LafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to behold
LafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to beholdLafourcheSaint is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure the ever image conscience NFL "frowns upon" players and coaches dipping/chewing on the sideline. That's why we've never/rarely seen it before.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
I know when a fished a Top 150 BASS tournament back in 2000, ESPN said that they didn't want any type of tobacco product with you on the weight platform while the cameras were rolling.....If you did, it was a total d/q.....

Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
It was just a really, really old piece of Juicy Fruit

Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
To each his own and certainly Coach Payton can do whatever he wants, but a dip cup/can/bottle is the nastiest thing ever.

That's just gross.
coldseat is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
Angler of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldseat View Post
To each his own and certainly Coach Payton can do whatever he wants, but a dip cup/can is the nastiest thing ever.

That's just gross.
It's not really nasty until you see someone accidentally drink out of it.....

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.