New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Everything Else Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: What do you think of the TSA pat downs?
They are disgusting and are a violation of our rights 17 28.81%
I am simply opposed to them 18 30.51%
They are a necessary evil 11 18.64%
Who cares? I don't see the problem at all? 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #15
Subscribing Member

Blodaksen has disabled reputation
Overhead Bin - Former TSA chief: Airport security in America is 'broken'

They are ridiculous and unnecessary.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
SR is my life!

El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
I used to be a TSA officer (pre-pat, used the wand and performed a rub down). Anyone here from the Orlando area? Since the beginning of those full body scanners travel into, and out of Orlando has dropped like 9-11%.

I vote Un-necessary. But like was said earlier, if you are getting any at home...

Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
Very Banned

King Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura about
I feel very strongly about all of this.. and I didn't even lose a close friend or relative, but we did lose thousands of innocent lives who were loved. I just want truth, it will set you free. For instance I supported the troops when they were set over there by opposing the war. Supporting the troops by supporting war is the equivalent of being a PETA member supporting slaughterhouses
King Stilts is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #18
Super Forum Fanatic

livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackers View Post
I don’t think anyone should be compelled to tell someone where they are going, who they are going to see, how long they will be gone, etc. It’s really going too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
If you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about, amirite?

I find it downright hilarious that people are outraged by being questioned or unnecessary searches. And Devildog's comment sent me over the top.

You don't like being inconvenienced at the airport? Be happy its just the airport.
livefromDC is online now Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
Very Banned

King Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefromDC View Post

I find it downright hilarious that people are outraged by being questioned or unnecessary searches. And Devildog's comment sent me over the top.

You don't like being inconvenienced at the airport? Be happy its just the airport.
You haven't been pulled over recently, have you

Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
All-Pro

drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
The worst thing is that the real dangers of the backscatter scanners gets lost amid the ZOMG-TSA-groped-me and ZOMG-TSA-can-see-my-junk-through-my-clothes noise.

I'll gladly go through the millimeter wave scanners - the ones that are circular and spin. But I refuse to go through the backscatter scanners - the ones that look like big boxes and you stand in between them. They've already been banned in the EU over health concerns, but the US has shown great unwillingness even to conduct long-term studies on the side effects...

Europe Bans X-Ray Body Scanners Used at U.S. Airports: Scientific American
drob8785 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
Super Forum Fanatic

livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Stilts View Post
You haven't been pulled over recently, have you
Have times changed?
livefromDC is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
May contain 10% Ethanol
Railway Line Champion

Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Denzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club MemberDenzien Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
I guess you don't take the bus very often..

Quote:
KNOXVILLE (WATE) - TSA agents say a search of the downtown Knoxville Greyhound bus station Thursday evening was not prompted by a terror threat.

The agents said it was just a random check.

The TSA's Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response or VIPR did the search. The agents worked with the Knoxville Police Department, the Knox County Sheriff's Office, and Tennessee Highway Patrol.

They were searching for any terrorism related activities. None were found.
link

Just one incident, right? Check out the Google search I performed.

TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore

Quote:
Reporting from Charlotte, N.C. — Rick Vetter was rushing to board the Amtrak train in Charlotte, N.C., on a recent Sunday afternoon when a canine officer suddenly blocked the way.

Three federal air marshals in bulletproof vests and two officers trained to spot suspicious behavior watched closely as Seiko, a German shepherd, nosed Vetter's trousers for chemical traces of a bomb. Radiation detectors carried by the marshals scanned the 57-year-old lawyer for concealed nuclear materials.

When Seiko indicated a scent, his handler, Julian Swaringen, asked Vetter whether he had pets at home in Garner, N.C. Two mutts, Vetter replied. "You can go ahead," Swaringen said.

The Transportation Security Administration isn't just in airports anymore. TSA teams are increasingly conducting searches and screenings at train stations, subways, ferry terminals and other mass transit locations around the country.

Days since Sean Payton was freed.
Denzien is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
is not a rookie

Yoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Yoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of FamerYoweigh is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Stilts View Post
I didn't say the government created 9/11. But when the terrorists passport is found unscathed in the burning rubble, something is up. But instead of asking these questions, we CHOSE to ignore it
I choose to ignore it because the story is all over the place. You have people talking about molten whatever coming out of a burning building saying it's proof of thermite, but it's not possible to apply thermite in the way they suggest. You have people saying they heard loud bangs that "sounded like explosions" and point to that as proof, as if hearing boom noises coming from a collapsing building is somehow surprising. Some say WTC 7 was obviously an intentional demolition because of the fall pattern, as if they're ******* experts in controlled (and uncontrolled!) demolitions. Maybe no plane actually hit the Pentagon, or maybe the government refused to shoot it down. Someone threw the passport there after the fact. I could go on.

9/11 hoaxes are no better than moon hoaxes. Just keep nitpicking at little details that you're not qualified to criticize and maybe one of them will stick.

The number of people that would have to be "in" on the conspiracy in either one of these circumstances is ridiculous. If such a widespread conspiracy actually existed, at least ONE person involved would blow the whistle on it, if only for the publicity. This crap has been in the news for over a decade now. If someone had real proof instead of just uneducated hypotheses based on "intution" or "common sense" then I'd be more inclined to listen to them.
11/3/13 METLIFE STADIUM 10/6/13 SOLDIER FIELD 12/9/12 METLIFE STADIUM 10/21/12 RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM 11/13/11 GEORGIA DOME 10/9/11 BoA STADIUM 12/27/10 GEORGIA DOME 09/20/10 CANDLESTICK PARK 10/25/09 LANDSHARK STADIUM 12/10/07 GEORGIA DOME
Yoweigh is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
wait, what?

SWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger Club
SWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger Club
I think it would be ok as long as the tsa uniform would be a storm troopers outfit and they carried blasters.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
Super Forum Fanatic

NYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNYCsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoweigh View Post
I choose to ignore it because the story is all over the place. You have people talking about molten whatever coming out of a burning building saying it's proof of thermite, but it's not possible to apply thermite in the way they suggest. You have people saying they heard loud bangs that "sounded like explosions" and point to that as proof, as if hearing boom noises coming from a collapsing building is somehow surprising. Some say WTC 7 was obviously an intentional demolition because of the fall pattern, as if they're ******* experts in controlled (and uncontrolled!) demolitions. Maybe no plane actually hit the Pentagon, or maybe the government refused to shoot it down. Someone threw the passport there after the fact. I could go on.

9/11 hoaxes are no better than moon hoaxes. Just keep nitpicking at little details that you're not qualified to criticize and maybe one of them will stick.

The number of people that would have to be "in" on the conspiracy in either one of these circumstances is ridiculous. If such a widespread conspiracy actually existed, at least ONE person involved would blow the whistle on it, if only for the publicity. This crap has been in the news for over a decade now. If someone had real proof instead of just uneducated hypotheses based on "intution" or "common sense" then I'd be more inclined to listen to them.

it was all thoroughly planned from the get go, but jim forgot to torch the edges of the passport before "discovering" it - is that the theory being floated?
NYCsaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #26
Super Forum Fanatic

gavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to behold
gavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to behold
In a perfect world, they'd let me by without bothering me and just check everybody else.
gavinj is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #27
I can has road win?

Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature.
Devildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club Member
Devildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club MemberDevildog Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:

The point is where does it stop? So You'd be okay with conducting searches going into a mall, restaurant, wherever? I mean, it's all in the name of security, right?

Sorry. If we had competent people doing security before 9/11, it probably would have never happened. It's just another level of beaurocracy that wasn't needed that is now impossible to get rid of because of how people like you think.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
Very Banned

(NEW 2012 WTC DEMOLITION PROOF) DEBUNK THIS (REMAKE) RARE FOOTAGE AND INTERVIEWS SHOWING NEW PROOF - YouTube!

Then take it from an expert from Controlled Demolitions Inc.

I have never claimed to have undeniable proof, in fact no one has proof on either side. That's why people are trying to call BS. For the biggest attack ever orchestrated on the United States mainland, there was a shockingly little amount of information released and given to the very commission formed to investigate. Also, an attack in New York City would have thousands of eye-witnesses to help in an investigation. However, NONE were included or even used to aid in the 9/11 commission report. Like any other criminal investigation, eye witness testimony is taken in the highest regard to prove innocence or guilt. Yes, there are a lot of people that would have to be interviewed, and some would fabricate stories, but even firefighters testimonies were tossed aside.

Stratfor Hacked, 200GB Of Emails, Credit Cards Stolen, Client List Released, Includes MF Global, Rockefeller Foundation | ZeroHedge

OBL was not buried at sea: Stratfor analysts | The Nation

Here's your other terrorists. You ask why there are no whistleblowers for "publicity"? How about because Julian Assange is now in Guantanamo Bay for "whistleblowing". Since his arrest, Wikileaks has since become a disinformation party constantly releasing false information to make people think that Wikileaks has always released false information. The Anonymous group of hackers is now being hunted for releasing truly haunting emails and being reported as domestic terrorists.

Really think about it, we had Osama Bin Laden pinned down and an entire SEAL team cornered him at gunpoint, he was not going anywhere.............. and we killed him. We had the chance to make a public display of the trial of the most wanted man responsible for the biggest attack ever orchestrated on US soil, and we killed him. Why not put him on trial like we did Saddam Hussein who was later killed anyway? Instead of using the American judicial system that we pride ourselves for, we make sure that no further information is released. A bounty of priceless information contained under his turban about the murder of innocent Americans is now lost forever because someone ordered him brought back dead, not alive.

The more you pull back layers of the onion, the more it stinks.

I also find your comments about "Maybe no plane hit the Pentagon" very interesting. If you indeed admit that there is a question about the 911 story, you and me are no different at all. I'm not a virgin sitting in my basement looking up conspiracy theories all day, I'm just a concerned citizen who is disappointed and reluctant to believe that our government is doing its duty to properly punish those responsible.... that's all I'm saying

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.