home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Hall-of-Famer

Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Cosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true SaintCosmic201 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlands Saints View Post
the DMV handbook is printed in at least 9 languages including tagalog and punjabi. you can check their website if you'd like.
I saw that it was available in those languages through a PDF files, which takes less then a thousand for a translator. I see no information on them spending hundreds of millions to print them up.
Cosmic201 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
killing threads daily

Redlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true Saint
Redlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true SaintRedlands Saints is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic201 View Post
I saw that it was available in those languages through a PDF files, which takes less then a thousand for a translator. I see no information on them spending hundreds of millions to print them up.
gee would you like me to dig through the state budget to pull you an exact number. try going into any state office and ask for a form. the school district I work for has the enrollment forms in 16 languages and we are considered a small school district. and if you think the great state of California would pay as little as $1000 for some one to translate and create those PDFs you obviously dont know crap about this state.

if you knew it would bite you would you play with it anyway
Redlands Saints is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #17
Super Forum Fanatic

Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Bayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBayouman007 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
crazy I feel like I saw every post after mine before it actually appeared...
Bayouman007 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #18
Sacrilicious

wamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saintwamland is a true Saint
wamland is a true Saint
Banging the drum for war with Iran = Check
English the official language = Check
Claiming that religion is being infringed upon = Check

Looks like it's almost election time.

12 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #19
Fishing fool

Charlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Charlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
You're in America, you can speak whatever language you choose.
Charlie Brizzown is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #20
Super Forum Fanatic

bozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to all
bozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brizzown View Post
You're in America, you can speak whatever language you choose.
Without a doubt. But why should America be forced to speak your chosen language?
bozoka45 is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #21
SR is my life!

El Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true Saint
El Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true SaintEl Caliente is a true Saint
I can testify that we have every language printed up in our DMV's. Our walls are covered in at least 13 languages. I wouldnt be surprised to see us spending millions knowing how wild we are with money out here. I could sell an ice cube maker to the city of Santa Monica for $13k and find 5 government agencies willing to buy.

Learning English is a must to live here if you want to excel, and being the son of Cuban immigrants I know just how important it is to get on board with English, but seeing as how the birth rate among inner city Latins and African Americans is what is keeping the country near the 2.1 birth rate, give it a couple of decades and people will be forced to learn Spanish if they want to open themselves up to more opportunities.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #22
Super Forum Fanatic

bozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to all
bozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to allbozoka45 is a name known to all
The article explaining the ordinance helps in understanding the ordinance.

Quote:
This is what the ordinance says: “The use of a common language removes barriers of misunderstanding and helps to unify the people of Frederick County, the state and the United States, and helps to enable the full economic and civic participation of all its citizens, regardless of national origin, creed, race or other characteristics, and thus a compelling governmental interest exists in promoting, preserving and strengthening the use of the English language.”

This is what the ordinance means: Official county documents and business will be written and conducted in English, but matters of public safety can still be conducted in other languages.
If the WP interpretation is correct, and entities such as the DMV won't change, then the ordinance does nothing but turn custom into law. Do we really want government functions such as city council proceedings, court decisions, and laws in a non-English language?
bozoka45 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #23
Super Forum Fanatic

gavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to behold
gavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to beholdgavinj is a splendid one to behold
England doesn't even have English established as its "official language." The idea is pretty ridiculous imo.
gavinj is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #24
Fan By Blood

redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
redlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to beholdredlandssaintsson is a splendid one to behold
I, for one, hate that I'm all but forced to learn Spanish to work in my chosen field, where I then get to treat people who couldn't be bothered to learn one word of English, but could steal/falsify a social security number to receive "free" (read: paid for by taxes) health care in non-emergency cases. I realize there's many white, English speaking people who do the same thing, but at least I can talk with them when I treat them on my dime.
redlandssaintsson is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #25
Fishing fool

Charlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Charlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCharlie Brizzown is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozoka45 View Post
Without a doubt. But why should America be forced to speak your chosen language?
It shouldn't, and it's not. I'm a first generation American, never once have I ran into a situation where a public employee spoke to my parents in their native tongue.
Charlie Brizzown is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #26
Rookie

grunattitude is on a distinguished roadgrunattitude is on a distinguished roadgrunattitude is on a distinguished roadgrunattitude is on a distinguished roadgrunattitude is on a distinguished roadgrunattitude is on a distinguished road
So, no more Mardi Gras but a Fat Tuesday?
grunattitude is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
Hall-of-Famer

harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlands Saints View Post
the DMV handbook is printed in at least 9 languages including tagalog and punjabi. you can check their website if you'd like.
This one is hilarious. I've been back from the Philippines for a week, where I had spent the last 30 days. While I was there I got a Philippine DL and guess what language the application is in? That's right, English. Every word on my license is in English.

They also do the coolest thing when you apply for a license, you go next door, pay for a drug test, pee in a cup and then get the results in about 15 minutes before you can get your license.
harschman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #28
All-Pro

drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
drob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdrob8785 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic201 View Post
Speek 'merican. This is 'merica damn it.
Fixt
drob8785 is offline Reply With Quote