Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Gameday Board

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #15
All-Pro

BRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to all
BRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to allBRsaintS is a name known to all
Another 7 and 9 season, it was
Expected! Unless there is major shake up with our coaches staff, is all we will be, a 7 and 9 team!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #16
Pro-Bowler

Slidell Mike is a jewel in the rough
Slidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the roughSlidell Mike is a jewel in the rough
While I always hope for the Saints to win and I certainly won't cheer a loss to the Falcons, I have fully expected them to finish 7-9 throughout the season.

The problem I have with the Saints organization is that the last three years, we haven't even been in contention early in the season. Any playoff aspirations were pretty much over four games into the season. The mid-season run just to get close to .500 isn't cutting it anymore.

Have the Saints made some improvements? Yes, but they remain deficient in other areas and take steps back. The end (net) result is the same ole thing - mediocrity. I've lost trust that Payton can really address the problems here with the Saints. And, maybe, he thinks the same thing. Change may be good for all parties concerned.

I would be happy for change. If, for no other reason, change's sake.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:09 PM   #17
Pro-Bowler

Clintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to behold
Clintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to beholdClintonrebel is a splendid one to behold
I hope nobody's happiness is based on the outcome of a game from a 7-8 team. But I'm sure the boo birds are having a wonderful day.

Saints win the division in 2017.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #18
Hall-of-Famer

Zztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger Club
Zztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger ClubZztop 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super44 View Post
I hope the Falcons put up 60 on the Saints today, to reinforce the fact this team is (a) significantly deficient in defensive talent....(b) Payton has no clue about hiring a top notch defensive coordinator....(c) the Saints will need to draft zero offensive players this draft.
well they are more than halfway there

Old 01-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #19
Am I Dreaming?

whodat25 is a jewel in the rough
whodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the roughwhodat25 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvilleJoe View Post
That is one of the most disgusting posts I have read in my many many years as a SR member. You do NOT joke about someone getting cancer as it is a devastating disease that claims many lives each year. I can tell you from personal experience that you would not want to wish this on anyone. Posters like you should be banned from being a part of the SR family.

Agreed. I've watched what Cancer does first hand, to my father. As I'm sure most of us unfortunately have had it touch our lives in one way or another. That post was the most disgusting thing I've seen on here...and I've been here since the Iron Era days.
And call it overly sensitive or whatever you want...that crosses a line.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #20
LoE
Hall-of-Famer

LoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true Saint
LoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true SaintLoE is a true Saint
No, I'm not upset or angry. We knew we weren't winning this game.

But we'll be picking 11th in the draft (as opposed to 18th). Drew just set the record with 5000 yards (again). And Atlanta will lose 46-2 after their bye week. That's what they do.

I'm happy.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #21
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

sfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to all
sfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to allsfbaysaint is a name known to all
Quote:
Just curious, as I am quite sure, there will be quite a lot of angry fans. But why? What is the reason(s) for your main point of contention with this organization at this point?

Payton? Brees? Loomis? Other?
By looking at the talent and execution disparity when compared to top level teams. Falcons records since their 2012, 13-3 season are

4-12 2013 Smith
6-10 2014 Smith
8-8 2015 Quin
11-5 2016 Quin (assuming saints don't go on a 28-0 run starting at 3 min remaining in 3rd qtr)

There is something fundamentally wrong in the way this team is assembled.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #22
Bless You Boys

ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Just curious, as I am quite sure, there will be quite a lot of angry fans. But why? What is the reason(s) for your main point of contention with this organization at this point?

Payton? Brees? Loomis? Other?
I've been following the Saints since 1967. So yeah I'm happy, I'm happy I managed to live long enough to see a Saints Super Bowl Victory! For a time there I had my doubts, many of us did.

But ya know what...
Ima bleed Black & Gold til my dying day, maybe beyond!
WHO DAT * GEAUX SAINTS

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #23
More than 15K posts served!

bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Platinum Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Greatest comeback in Saints history starts now.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #24
Super Forum Fanatic

BooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger Club
BooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger ClubBooBirdSaint 50K Burger Club
A seasons lament..
Shuffling through emotions spent
Excavating ruins of hope, I lament
Like echoes of the season.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #25
Super Moderator

AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
I am not happy with this team, but I think it's headed in the right direction. If they can make good personnel decisions, including the draft, there is a reasonable chance that they can be contenders next season. It is said that injuries are no excuse, but when 75% of your original starting defensive backfield is not playing, what can you expect? Last year's draft gives me a reasonable expectation of success. There should be more cap space. Brees is still playing at a high level. Ingram is becoming a versatile back. Lutz has been money lately. Morstead continues to punt well.

There are plenty of negatives. Special teams are awful except for the kicking itself. Cornerbacks need to be upgraded for better depth. Pass rush has not significantly improved. But the most disturbing thing to me is the constant slow starts within both the season as a whole and the games themselves. Something is fundamentally wrong, and the onus is on the coaching. I wonder how many initial drives ended in punts. It seems that EVERY game begins with a three-and-out or with a display of offensive ineptitude.

How long has it been since the Saints have scored a touchdown that was not made by the offense? It's unbelievably horrendous that the defense and special teams contribute NOTHING to the scoring--not exactly like 2009.

Something needs to be done about these persistent problems. The coaching staff and the front office all need to do some profound soul searching this off season. Three consecutive 7-9 seasons is unacceptable.

Closed Thread